911 remember

delonemonkey

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yo, fuck the funny shit, it ain't no fucking joke.

I wasn't even here that day, I found out on the radio.

This radio show had some comedians on it that usually tell jokes in the morning.

When they started saying what was happening I thought they were being stupid and turned it off.

twonpoo - that is why a lot of us can act cool about it, if we don't live in NY and no one we know was affected by it then why is it such a big deal to us? It isn't disrespectful, it just didn't affect us like it did people closer to it, do you have a moments thought on the anniversary of the Tsunami that killed so many in Thailand? where the people that died in that any less innocent?

I know it affected New Yorkers (unbearstandably) and Americans (less understandably) but you can't expect it to affect the whole world, I mean I'm in the UK and I never think about or consider the terrorist attacks in London we had here on july 7th (couldn't even tell you the year), why? because I don't live in London and no one I know was affected, so as terrible as the incident was (like 9/11) it doesn't have the same resonance, if it happened in my own home town I would probably think different

but I do feel for the people that died doign their jobs as I stated earlier and i understand the magnitude of what happened

damn stoned rant end

The UK lost close to 400 people in the towers that day.

Just sayin.

Anyway not that this makes any difference but the angels are crying over nyc so it doesn't look like I will be hitting any walls today..

REST IN POWER OLD NYC

REST IN POWER TO THOSE BEAUTIFUL TWINS

REST IN PEACE TO ANY ONE THAT LEFT US THAT DAY

MUCH LOVE N HONOR TO THE FDNY AND ALL OF ITS BRAVE SOLDIERS THAT DID ALL THEY COULD DO TILL THE END

REST IN POWER MY HEART GOES OUT TO THE FEW THAT ARE STILL WITH US THAT HAVE BEEN THROWN AWAY THAT FIGHT EVERY DAY ON THEIR OWN TO BREATH..

and police wise REST IN POWER you are what police should be. High above these dirty pigs we see daily trying to live off your image..

ALSO REST IN POWER TO ALL THE "REGULAR" PEOPLE THAT GAVE THEIR LIFE SAVING OTHERS YOU ARE NOT MENTIONED ENOUGH TRUE HEROES!

I will forever remember the first time I saw those towers as a baby, and as they played the background as I grew up on these bronx streets...

At the time I was still a teenager, and was living in Japan. So it was night time there when all this shit went down in the States. I remember I had got off work from kitchen duty, and was at the internet cafe. And heard someone on another computer turn around and exclaim that a plane just hit the WTC. I assumed it was a small plane & was an accident. Tried to check the news but all the news sites were too busy. Then a few minutes later someone else said that a second plane hit. I assumed he was mistaken. Then finally got to see some sites of the second plane and the burning north tower. Then heard a bunch of people talking about the Pentagon, and a lot of rumors and Camp David, Washington Mall, and State Department being hit. Heard a bunch of people outside the room talking about it. Figured it wasn't any accident by this time, and got up and went to a different room where TV's were. And saw it all on the news from there. I thought about when I first went to NYC in '98 and went to the WTC. Walked around the crowded plaza below and went inside the North Tower. I remember asking at the information desk where the '93 bombing took place, and he pointed downward to suggest it was the building we were in. I wondered how many of the workers I saw that day may have died, or at least had to deal with the tragedy.

This is completley off the topic but I'm not making a new thread.

I've had horrible luck every year on this date since 2001.

2001 - no need to say the bad shit that happened that day since you know already but I painted my last freight and illegal piece that night and pretty much stopped writing other than an occasional hand or oneliner.

2002 - Rear ended some brake happy bitch and totaled my truck, my insurance also ran out on that exact day because I didn't pay the bill on time.

2003 - Dumped by a girl I'm probably better off without, I didn't think so at the time though.

2004 - My only arrest as an adult, beat the case and got record cleared but paying a lawyer and jail just sucks regardless.

2005 - Got Fired when I was still living check to check, if it wasn't for my girl at the time I'd be a fail at moving to NYC nigga like most who move here.

2006 - noticed a pattern, called in sick and stayed home all day, and all night, wasted an entire day of my life, worse than most of the other bad shit that happened, at least to me.

2007 - Just a bad day, wifey all mad at me and shit, got written up at work which eventually led to me almost getting fired but decided to quit.

2008 - Wifey went nuts that morning after I left for work throwing all my shit around in the crib, fucked up a lot of irreiplacable artwork not just mine and other shit, never forgave for that and separated this spring getting a divorce right now.

The curse is over I think though, today I didn't get fired, no car accident driving around in Manhattan even with all the damn tragedy tourist fucking up the traffic flow. I did loose a pack of unopened Newports I paid $9 for though somehow, came home and all my shit was secure. I'm not pushing my luck though and staying in all night tonight. Oontz.

punch a person in the face at the bar for talking shit about 9/11 on 9/11 movement FOR THE WIN. People need to know when not to say anything.

Im in denmark right now and its not 9/11 anymore but i give real thanks to those who replied and gave their respects, and those who continue to becuase i know the night is still young back in NYC. Bout to smoke a bowl and go to sleep. Thanks once again everyone and peace to everyone else personally affected by this shit.

Sorry to hear that man.

I was actually looking for the thread from 9/11/2001 but can't find a way to search specifically by date.

Anyone smarter than myself wanna bump it up?

I remember being on 12oz when 9/11 happened. I believe it was "Freddy Krueger" who started the thread. I hate my elephant sized memory sometimes. It was surreal.

I've seen snapshots of 9/11 from friends who worked in photo labs in Manhattan at the time. It is more more horrific that you can ever imagine.

My condolences to everyone that has been affected by this tragedy.

did anyone get a foward message on the phone about 911? This is how mine reads.....

"9 11 09. IS THE DAY OUR FELLOW BROTHERS DIED FOR JIHAD AND ALLAH. DEATH TO AMERICA. SEND TO ALL THE RESISTANCE FIGHTERS ALLAH AKBAR".

it came with a picture and some speech that i cant understand. the file format is qcp. never seen that before. Im tracking down who sent it because its an odd number.