tell all about your...... CAMERAS

thequeen

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is a popular/good digital camera for quality pictures. I see a lot of canons on here. is there one someone could recommend that is from 300-600$ Thanks. BTW the screen name is a joke so please take me seriously.

That new compact Canon looks dope, and I would stand behind almost anything they put out. But you might also want to look into the G10 if you don't need something smaller. It's a bit bigger than a compact point and shoot, but much smaller than an SLR, and the extra size allows for much better image quality and more control. I have the G9, which I prefer because it's slightly smaller than the 10, and it's easily my favorite camera. Fits easily in my back pocket, so I almost never leave the house without it, and I've shot about 10,000 pictures on it in the year or so that I've had it.

20071219_fg01a.jpg

Whatever you go with, my advice is to buy from B and H or someone else who offers a no-restriction, extended warranty. I paid an extra 15 or 20 percent when I bought my G9, and it's covered for two years. When I get just short of that two year mark (if I haven't worn the thing out already) I can throw it on the ground, bring it back, and get a free replacement. As someone who shoots a lot of pictures and really puts cameras through hell, I've owned about a half dozen digitals in as many years, so I don't expect many cameras to make the two years anyway.

The PowerShot series from Cannon is definitely the real deal.. People always tell me they like my flicks better than their own. And these are from people with much better resolution than mine..

I wanna check out that G9 and see what's good. Seems like the next step for me.

xa_pop.jpg

This is my baby at the moment and has been for a couple of years now that I think about it.

Fantastic camera. Almost impossible to focus in low light, but practise makes perfect...

Pick one up on ebay, don't be fooled by the xa1 or xa2 just get an original XA. King.

Also, I have one of these which my pops gave to me when he upgraded.

nikond70.jpg

Mine has a 24mm nikkor on it which I pretty much only use. I have an 18-??? zoom which I never use because I don't like it.

And I also have a little lumix which I have had for a few years too, which basically lives in the map pocket of my north face, so it is always on me. The leica lens is razor sharp, but nowadays it has some crap stuck behind it which I haven't been bothered to deal with but fuck it because it only shows up when you zoom in anyway. Which I rarely do.

Yay cameras.

• 3 months later...

with out going into the professional relm of things i own:

cannon g9

2236099949_3285ebd6a3.jpg

2236905236_016283292f.jpg

cannon g10

4139550308_7bf4e18406.jpg

the g10 is alot easier to to fit lenses on because you dont need an adapter like the g9; the g10 has a threaded screw ring that the lenses attach to. also the g9 shoots higher res video BUT lesser pixel photos. also the g10 has better shutter speed and a better LCD screen....

next is my Canon powershot s90

4167346592_bb75443c25.jpg

4089456330_f6a54095c5.jpg

aside from size the best thing about this camera is the control ring...it can zoom between 28, 35, 50, 85 and 105mm focal lengths, or you can assign it to adjust either the focus, shutter-speed, aperture, exposure compensation, white balance or ISO. not fully manual but it shoots RAW, which is a factor for me when i buy a camera...

film wise i have a yashica t5

153639186_3892b35913.jpg

153639188_22ca9a6453.jpg

this is by far the best point and shoot camera you can get and because of the Carl Zeiss lens.

unfortunately because of its publicized use in the fashion and art world faggoty hipsters made this camera VERY popular thinking they will be the next Terry Richardson.

i also use a few others but the only one i would mention here that i use more frequently would be the PENTAX "ist"

101750740_c03fbd8eb0.jpg

4272652808_e5d7b68850_o.png

the main thing about this camera is how small it is for a slr, metering system and the auto focus... also any lens you buy for this camera will fit the digital version of this camera an many other Pentax cameras in its class... it is the last film SLR Pentax ever made too..

hope this helps, these cameras are all really practical (in the 3-500$ range depending on where you buy them) and take great photos even if your a putz and just stay on auto mode...

All the days in pies posts and photothreads i started in the passed year where taken with this bitch, my main bitch!

12226.jpg

Super good camera for 250 CAD, kind of chunky but takes great flicks and has a 2.5" vari-angle screen, allows you to take shots like "the shoe shot" without looking crazy in public!

Ran out of batteries ones because i was too lazy to charge!

Took like 20 000 pictures thus far still working great.

NOW, i am facing a dilemma!

My B day is coming up, and i need to make a choice between getting a bigger cam OR a better pc.

It has been very difficult.

Perhaps people could shed light.

I think im going to go for the new pc still!

Work VS Pleasure!