Setting up a web radio station. Anyone know how?

earl broclo ESQ

I'm just trying to get the logistics for this to work out. I'm pretty sure Raven has everything set up in his mind already.

We talked about getting mixes from members to post up, but I'm sure they will go through a selection process. I knot there are plenty of DJ's on here. As for shows, schedules, and all that? I think we still need to hatch all that shit out. We did talk about interviews and the board being able to interact during the interviews. But for now, we just need to know how we can set up to broadcast. If Wanga can help with that, so be it. But I know that dude is busy.

http://2xod.com/articles/setting%20up%20shoutcast/

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and Casek did this before and managed to get it going. But, it was thru another website though.

I'm in if it gets popping. As far as knowledge on how to do it, no clue. Just saying there is a second method if the first one doesnt work, involving shoutcast or jet radio.

I'm not trying to be ignorant here, I just want to make sure I understand certain things.

Shoutcast and Jet are preexistent web radio sites, right?

If 12oz did a station through them, it would broadcast on their site, but we can showcase it on our's as well right?

If it is on their site, what kind of promotional opportunity is there for us, can we banner it?

Do we have to advertise them if we do showcase it on our site? Not only just with the site, but in the mix. Do I have to have some wolfman jack character pop up at 15 minutes saying "OH YEAH, it's JET RADIOOOOOOOOOO Bow Chicca Wow Wow YEAH!" I'm sure they'll have some really cool robot affects or whatever.

I'm assuming these sites are hosts, and I know they aren't just letting people broadcast for nothing. There has to be some kind of catch. We want 12oz radio to be completely independent from any host at all.

I'm not trying to be ignorant here, I just want to make sure I understand certain things.

Shoutcast and Jet are preexistent web radio sites, right?

If 12oz did a station through them, it would broadcast on their site, but we can showcase it on our's as well right?

If it is on their site, what kind of promotional opportunity is there for us, can we banner it?

Do we have to advertise them if we do showcase it on our site? Not only just with the site, but in the mix. Do I have to have some wolfman jack character pop up at 15 minutes saying "OH YEAH, it's JET RADIOOOOOOOOOO Bow Chicca Wow Wow YEAH!" I'm sure they'll have some really cool robot affects or whatever.

I'm assuming these sites are hosts, and I know they aren't just letting people broadcast for nothing. There has to be some kind of catch. We want 12oz radio to be completely independent from any host at all.

Through Shoutcast, you would be broadcasting from your servers. They would host the radio details and a link to the station, nothing else. You may be able to make a little banner, but it's been a bit since I've messed with it.

Jetcast is the same thing, you broadcast from your server, they only list your station ID, details, link(s) on shoutcast and jetcasts site.

I would go with shoutcast. If you need some help or have more questions, PM me or email me. I have some free time today and would be glad to help you research or answer any questions that I can.

DSC_8363.jpg.3b205be87d21559e029f1ddeb86a4a08.jpg

DSC_8513.jpg.62edc0d3f5b9dd94e0a3a561744bd0d1.jpg

DSC_8663.jpg.21bcdd495ae9e03cce3add2f45de7607.jpg

DSC_8686.jpg.d5c363afb93c45aba6457f363bf4270b.jpg

DSC_8743.jpg.a162983ef1afc87e02ae185add473f30.jpg

DSC_8923.jpg.62e15c8548d4ceb5036f471da8c647a2.jpg

DSC_8992.jpg.642995df7ef593cc1fb6626006ba7237.jpg

DSC_9004.jpg.6cf06bcea7b522a36a9b9aea7f268f5d.jpg

DSC_9074.jpg.84e7b2f4aacc02b3c6e86660b27d555c.jpg

DSC_9118.jpg.9be95adb6869e235f97fa11b4d077df6.jpg

Thanks man. I guess I'm trying to keep this public, because there are others involved or interested in what we need to do, so the message gets to more than just me. So far all the help is getting the ball rolling, but there is a bunch of obvious shit that needs to be figured out. I definitely have faith we can do this.

Do we need any hardware for recording? I have someone who does sound work, who's willing to help with all that. But do we need anything more than a microphone and mixer?

Guest 50million
I will promise you 50million will have a back page spread. Her and fois de gras.

Naked, hot, french food.

I'd totally do a 12oontz calendar. but it wouldnt be completely nood. id have an apron, hi heels, all pin up style and thats it. in a kitchen covered in graff and id be pulling out some baked goods out of the oven.

chheeeyyaaaa.

okay, i can answer this.

I cant remember how i did it, but u can record ur mix and host it as a single MP3 or you can DJ live.

I was djing live and to do that, you need to run a line to your mic and mess with the levels. Ill get it started and make some test.

Its gay cuz im pretty much stealing wifi so now i have to log into their router and fowards the ports so you can all connect.

I'm also curious about legalities. I think we're under the radar enough that we'll be fine. But how rough and tough is the internet legal world? I'm assuming it will be more of a cease and desist order. In that case we just remove that one show or mix, and no worries.

basically, once you are important enough to get cease and decist letters, you are doing well enough to get clearance from ASCAP & BMI

also I have said for years I am down to make 12OZ radio happen, but it always fizzles away

basically, once you are important enough to get cease and decist letters, you are doing well enough to get clearance from ASCAP & BMI

also I have said for years I am down to make 12OZ radio happen, but it always fizzles away

I've done it twice, once on my own and once with T4M. We made it happen, but the bandwidth, listeners, etc was a barrier both times. It's rather hard to do something big with

just two people.

50mill: you'll have to show your tatas,

I'm more into the slower 90s stuff, But I was thinking others might get psyched and contribute as well.

If you can get Chupacabra to do a mix it would probably be bananas and more of that old, fast hardcore.

I'm not 100% sure but I think I could create mine with iMovie... If that's the case it should be ridiculously easy for others to do some mixtapes too...