Setting up a web radio station. Anyone know how?

earl broclo ESQ

I know there are some computer people on here who might be able to help me out. I'm looking to start broadcasting live radio shows online. I don't want to go through a 3rd party site (live365, etc.), but I do want to stream live scheduled broadcasts through an independent website.

What would I need to do this? From what I've been told, it's just software. I've got the Mics, turntables, mixers and what not. What would I need to actually convert everything from analog, as well as stream it live online for all you to hear?

Any help is appreciated.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there are some computer people on here who might be able to help me out. I'm looking to start broadcasting live radio shows online. I don't want to go through a 3rd party site (live365, etc.), but I do want to stream live scheduled broadcasts through an independent website.

What would I need to do this? From what I've been told, it's just software. I've got the Mics, turntables, mixers and what not. What would I need to actually convert everything from analog, as well as stream it live online for all you to hear?

Any help is appreciated.

Let's see...I'd get a decent soundcard to start with.

Then try SHOUTcast-

http://www.shoutcast.com/download

Set that up. Then I don't know. casek did it, T4M I think got it working but had some latency issues...it's tricky to dial in but once you get it you're good to go.

how so?.. we got retarded bandwidth already for the oz.?

This is for the ounce? Ok, sounds sweet. I want a special guest spot (prease).

Ok, well set this stuff up. Wanga is the man to talk to. He has already set up

a professional streaming radio site or two.

I would go with shoutcast since it can be hosted on your own server and then

bounced over to shoutcast. More options=more listeners.

Also: can I bum some space for my "ladies of 12oz nude calendar"?

with an actual server like the one that hosts 12oz, it should be no problem then. you just need to calculate the basic bandwidth being used with the connection qualities. too nice of a connection, and you could get raped some serious bandwidth and have choppy connections. make sure there's options of different qualities, too. not everyone has new fangled dsl t500 lines

This is for the ounce? Ok, sounds sweet. I want a special guest spot (prease).

Ok, well set this stuff up. Wanga is the man to talk to. He has already set up

a professional streaming radio site or two.

I would go with shoutcast since it can be hosted on your own server and then

bounced over to shoutcast. More options=more listeners.

Also: can I bum some space for my "ladies of 12oz nude calendar"?

hahahahha. on the nude calendar.. I got so much shit on my plate I wouldnt even know where to start..

didnt know wanga even had set up a radio station before..interesting..

just get with Earl this is his show.literally.. hes working this out..

hahahahha. on the nude calendar.. I got so much shit on my plate I wouldnt even know where to start..

didnt know wanga even had set up a radio station before..interesting..

I will promise you 50million will have a back page spread. Her and fois de gras.

Naked, hot, french food.

I'm just trying to get the logistics for this to work out. I'm pretty sure Raven has everything set up in his mind already.

We talked about getting mixes from members to post up, but I'm sure they will go through a selection process. I knot there are plenty of DJ's on here. As for shows, schedules, and all that? I think we still need to hatch all that shit out. We did talk about interviews and the board being able to interact during the interviews. But for now, we just need to know how we can set up to broadcast. If Wanga can help with that, so be it. But I know that dude is busy.