Damien Hirst VS. Cartrain

KITTENS

How much is a box of pencils worth? Fifty pence? £3.99 if the pencils have rubbers on the ends? Well, if they're part of a Damien Hirst art installation

, the value is £500,000. That is what 17-year-old graffiti artist Cartrain discovered when he pilfered some pencils from Hirst's sculpture Pharmacy. And that wasn't all – he was arrested, released on bail, and is waiting to find out if he will be formally charged with causing damage to an iconic artwork worth £10m.

-- http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/art/news/damien-hirst-in-vicious-feud-with-teenage-artist-over-a-box-of-pencils-1781463.html

I had never heard of car train before this, but from what I can gather hes pretty much a super young dude really over influenced by street art trends today, who may well be really sick in a few years.

i would imagine fucking with Damien Hirst is the art world equivalent of fucking with the federal reserve.

heres the originial beef (notice the banksy monkey that reads "worthless fake")

cartrain_collects.jpg

and heres the wanted poster (im actually not sure if this is a real one issued from police or his fake one, I presume its the former)

Policemtfinal.jpg

heres an example of how unoriginal this little dude is

Coca-cola.jpg

and heres what the pharmacy series by hirst generally looks like

Pharmacy.jpg

I have to give it to cartrain, I dont like his shit but that takes a lot of balls and it is really funny, even though I personally really like hirst (fuck you too)

the worlds best ever compared this to Tony Shafrazi painting Guernica

hirst-shafrazi-cartrain-picasso-500x761.jpg

and when the fuck did this happen???

DamienHirstPA_468x367.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 4 weeks later...

here's some cartrain related LOLs taken from ATG's blog:

So after our little Cartrain diss...

We got some messages from him, but this one is the funniest.

"Is this some sort of joke.. Ive done about 6 stencils in four years.. i know you like to talk about the past alot because you havent got the balls to paint yards since they put fences up... What are you saying about unoriginal i found my own style along time ago prick. Oh and what you wanna talk about history what going into bait stations banging two or three reaches film it and then fuck off out i hear the last pannel anyone in atg paintied was at amersham LOL. Just cus you have done a few things back in the day dosent mean anyone respects that... Dont go round talking down to me prick becuase at the end of the day ive done shit too.

Cartrain...."

For all those who remember how easy it was painting yards from 2000-2006 before they put the fences up... those where the good ol days.

also since this thread isn't really going anywhere, here's some of the comments from that post that made me laugh a bit

"atg are gay you suck bare manz fo pay ! bruv how can u beee seeling your canvas fo one hundred badboys when i can get a prooozy for less than that. YOU GUYS ARE DUMB! (GUN FINGERS AND ALL THAT )"

"fuck atg bunch of artfag cunts who can only paint because they practiced in there backyards for 2 years, and i no this because my brother is best mates with the owner of this so called bad atg! and yes they have painted steel but not for years! they used to pay neas and the dpm boys to do there outlines, if they didnt have cash they would pay in cans, also atg are known smackheads korsa even told me this from birmingham and everyone knows he is a stupid skaghead, yes he can paint but he cant live a normal life!!"

"TBH, WHY GIVE THIS TOY PUBLICITY, ARE U LOT MAD!

I CANT BELEAVE U EVEN POSTED THIS,THAT TOY WUD GET BUND,AND LEFT TO ROT IN LEGO LAND!"

"gaygaygaygay all of it"

We got some messages from him, but this one is the funniest.

"Is this some sort of joke.. Ive done about 6 stencils in four years.. i know you like to talk about the past alot because you havent got the balls to paint yards since they put fences up... What are you saying about unoriginal i found my own style along time ago prick. Oh and what you wanna talk about history what going into bait stations banging two or three reaches film it and then fuck off out i hear the last pannel anyone in atg paintied was at amersham LOL. Just cus you have done a few things back in the day dosent mean anyone respects that... Dont go round talking down to me prick becuase at the end of the day ive done shit too.

:lol: LOL FOR FUCKING REAL