good ITUNES alternative?

KILZ FILLZ

i came across a video on youtube about a program called SONGBIRD created by some of the people at mozilla?

i saw like 2 or 3 vids on this program but they were all pretty old so i dont think it worked out too well..

i just want something that is a lil easier to manage my music in. i tunes is kinda bullshit.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I used songbird for a couple weeks and its alright, it's way "lighter" than itunes.

but it was more of a pain in the ass, to do everything i wanted to with songbird i had to install all these plugins and shit.. so now i'm just back with itunes.

just because when i add album art to a song/album it attaches it to the .mp3, so the album art shows up when i listen to them on my phone..

songbirds alright, just depends on what you need

edit: http://www.tuneupmedia.com/

word you're absolutely right but at the end of the day when you're done organizing or deleting your annoying duplicates itunes is ill. limewire instantly drops downloads into your recently added, u got podcasts, radio, unlimited playlists, an independant cd burner, itunes dj, the store[not my cup of gin] and other shit. plus it has sex appeal in some ways.

ive got like 500 duplicates and i have to delete them individually

ill have 4 albums by the same artist and 3 will be grouped together and the 4th will be separate

wish i could just drag n drop tracks to my iphone

im on mac btw

This usually occurs when there are different album artists for each album or they are tagged as compilations.

Just highlight the songs by the same artist, click CTRL and I at the same time [or if they're far from each other instead of right above and or below click SHIFT and just click the songs, then use CTRL and I to edit them.] and just organize it that way.

Artist, Album Artist, Genre, etc. etc.

so i got iDupe to handle the duplicates.

to use it i need to have itunes open, with the 'show duplicates' screen open, and the tracks i want to be scanned selected(or highlighted). so i hit 'select all' and open the program.

im showing about 2500 duplicates and it scans a max of 2000 songs at a time. it wont let me proceed.

is there a way to select a few hundred at a time?

to use it i need to have itunes open, with the 'show duplicates' screen open, and the tracks i want to be scanned selected(or highlighted). so i hit 'select all' and open the program.

im showing about 2500 duplicates and it scans a max of 2000 songs at a time. it wont let me proceed.

is there a way to select a few hundred at a time?

Yea that's prolly what I'll end up doin shai.

Anyone?

ive got like 500 duplicates and i have to delete them individually

ill have 4 albums by the same artist and 3 will be grouped together and the 4th will be separate

wish i could just drag n drop tracks to my iphone

im on mac btw

I'm on a mac as well and having problems when I import albums it create dups, so I have to manually erase the dups...I figure I was just a fucking retard....which is still probably the case.

Apparently if you're really good with computers, Fubar2000 is a nice media player. When I got it, it was too simple, and didn't like it, so I uninstalled it. But then I saw screenshots of the program with all these plug-ins and skins, and it can be turned into something really sweet.

http://www.foobar2000.org/

use this. the only music player worth giving a damn about. ultra light, and sounds fucking amazing. tons of plugins too!

is there a way in intunes to select a few hundred at a time?

Anyone?