Copped the new macbook

D0WN

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just copped me one of these

dsc0609c.jpg

dsc0607r.jpg

a 13 inch macbook pro

I've been a long time PC advocate/Mac hater. But after using my gf's macbook some time ago, I had to get one myself. :lol: the mac had a noticeably more stable operating system vis-a-vis windows xp and the machine itself just felt much sturdier than my thinkpad.

this is my first mac and I'm just getting used to everything. I never imagined I'd be saying this about a mac but I'm liking it a lot so far with two complaints: wish it had home/end/page up/page down buttons. Anyone know the keyboard shortcut for that? Also my wireless usb logitech mouse is less sensitive and the response time is a tad longer on the mac than my thinkpad. anyone know how to fix it? already tried messing with mouse settings/acceleration etc.

Mac users, please share your thoughts, tips, advice, and app recommendations.

Nice. One of these is going to be my next major purchase. I really like the black backlit keys. I was going to opt for a regular macbook, but then I found out the new ones dont have firewire connectivity? WTF, I don't know why thet would do this considering so much of their customer base is arists and musicians. A pro will probably be better in the long run anyways.