12oz. Bartenders Club

earl broclo ESQ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muddled drinks are always a pain in the ass, especially during peak hours at the bar. Today, I made a bunch of mojitos at work, and then I had to make one of these:

mint vodka lemonade:

Muddle 7-8 mint leaves with 3-4 bar spoons of sugar, the juice of half a lemon and 2-3 lemon wedges.

2 oz. Vodka

shake vigorously; strain over fresh ice, top with 7-up or club soda.

tullamore dew/tea/honey is amazing. I only drink them when I have a sore throat, makes me feel a lot better.

Dont know if you're aware but that's called a hot totty (sp?)

PS. Whip points on Abso Ruby Red and Squirt. I'm a beer and whiskey man but have appreciation for good liquor combos.

hot toddy season is definitely here. I prefer mine with either makers or cognac, actually.

Girls love these things, I remember last winter having to make 8 of them at once for a whole table that was having dinner at the restaurant I was working at. I consequently used up all of the hot tea water and the waiters got mad.

tip of the night:

When using honey for drinks, I often create a simple syrup version of the honey by combining it with a 1:1 ratio of boiling water. I then keep it in the speed rack with the simple syrup. This way, it is less thick and easy to count ounces when pouring.

Bartending school really is a waste of money. There was a great thread on this many years ago.

If you can just get a job barbacking and learn the trade from there, you should be fine. Or, just do what I did. Lie about experience and just go for it. You should be able to learn a lot of shit from youtube and Mr. Boston.

just curious but are there any alcoholic beverages served hot?

i imagine theres spiked hot coffee... but anything else?

This might sound gross, but it's actually pretty good.

Hot Chocolate (the better the quality, the better this drink)

Silver Patron

I thought it would be gross, but it was actually good. You get the alcohol taste like an Irish coffee, but the tequila also adds a spice kick to the sweet of the chocolate. If you try this, make sure you get a quality hot chocolate. Something that is more of a dark chocolate taste opposed to a Swiss Miss powder pack of milk chocolate.

Dont know if you're aware but that's called a hot totty (sp?)

PS. Whip points on Abso Ruby Red and Squirt. I'm a beer and whiskey man but have appreciation for good liquor combos.

I guess it is a simple version of a Hot Toddy, I think it is supposed to have lemon juice/cinnamon/something else I don't remember in it.

*I just looked in a Mr. Boston book I have and their recipe called for butter..

And it is common sense for who mentioned bartending school. Try and barback and learn from the tenders. That way, you're getting paid for learning and not dropping money. I actually went to one, dropped $200 something for 30 hours I think, but, there are schools out there that charge $600-$1,000 and "promise" a position after graduating....yeah fuck that.

I spend three nights a week bartending in a Chinese restaurant that serves some of the best herbal chrysanthemum tea I've ever tasted.

A hot drink I came up with last winter:

I make a small serving of the tea, strain into a boston shaker, add honey syrup, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, mix with 1.5 oz. of Jameson and stir. Excellent results.

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this thread with some winter cocktails:

Tea-quila:

steep herbal tea

add lemon, mulling spices,fresh ginger,honey, etc.

three parts tequila

two parts cointreau or triple sec

little more hot water to warm it up again

Rumplemintz and hot coco:

usually called a pepermint patty

also:

i made a real hot buttered rum last winter when i had a fire place, cuz you're supposed to stick a hot poker in the drink at the end.

it was awesome

Some shit my roomates and I would make for partys, we called it panty dropper for obvious reasons....

take one of the big ass industrial size jugs of cranberry juice, remove half the juice, save for undoubted hangover. Add malibu rum, vodka, and peach schnaps.

Watch the bitches strip.

FTW

Just about egg-nog season, I usually drink it cold with either Grosslings rum or makers mark.

Remember back in 92 when Yeltsin said "nothing like a black tee with a double vodka after a good coupe."

Coffee with baileys and Jameson is always a nice way to start the day.

Prolly already posted, but...

Caribou Lou

Half a bottle of 151

Off of the jug one cup of Malibu rum

Baby that's what's up

Then you fill the rest of the jug

With pineapple juice, and it's cracking

The only defect is waking up like "what happened?"

I like red light parties and fed right bodies

Who like, red like dolly and head right totties at night?

Aribou kay

Ou-la

Terrible day

You pay the liquor store teller with no hair or toupe

Tu shay.

Get the party jumping

Keep the hotties humping

I like them thick and juicy

So don't palatte nothing

Drinking to much lou

You might be karate punching

Or at the back of the club

Pretending the naughty lunching

Satin,

Kool-aid get you hella 151

November dog

So run kitty run

We gonna drink it until we done

Diddy dum

Bum biddy bum

Here Kansas city come so give me some...

Heres one I made up, I wouldn't recommend it unless you like spicy shit.

THE STING RING aka RING OF FIRE

-fresh jalapeno, sliced

-1.5 ounces Absolut Peppar vodka

-.5 ounce bloody mary mix

-couple drops of original Tabasco

-black pepper to taste

-1 big fat juicy pepperoncini pepper

Muddle jalapeno with vodka, no ice then strain. Add bloody mary mix, Tabasco sauce and black pepper, stir. Pour into rocks glass

Do shot then chase with a big bite from the pepperoncini.

Blood clot AKA praire fire

Shot of Tequila, Tabasco, and Tomato juice.

Either one will result in red toilet paper the next day

i figured this would be worth a shot asking here....

my bar has 5 real ale taps. the old school, hand pump ones.

one of them has been playing up recently...when anyone goes to pour a pint from it, and the neck is placed down into the bottom of the glass and beer dispenses after the 1st pull of the pump..when the handle is replaced to starting position in preparation for next pull, the level of beer in the glass lowers almost as if its being sucked back up into the lines..

i can for the life of me think what could be wrong, the only thing i can think of is that there might be air bubbles trapped in the line.

any ideas?