12oz. Bartenders Club

earl broclo ESQ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bar14.jpg

Southside Cooler:

Fresh mint leaves (6-8)

1 barspoon of sugar

4-5 slices of cucumber

1/2 oz lime juice

*muddle ingredients*

pour 8 oz. HENDRICKS gin (a "bitier" gin will not work, plus Hendrick's is distilled with cucumbers)

add several ice cubes, stir.

fill with ice, top with club soda.

garnish with cucumber or large mint leaf.

i fucking love hendrixs gin...its just a pain trying to get my customers to try something other than gordons or bombay...

was fucking around at my bar the other day and came up with:

hendricks + ginger beer + cucumber garnish.

ill post some pics soon...

reminds me....

darth vader

* 1/2 oz. Gin

* Fill with Jägermeister

* 1/2 oz. Rum, light

* 1/2 oz. Tequila, white

* 1/2 oz. Triple Sec

* 1/2 oz. Vodka

* 2 oz. Sour Mix

Glass to Use

Collins glassCollins glass

Mixing Instructions

Shake all ingredients except Jagermeister in a cocktail shaker with ice. Strain into collins glass filled with ice. Fill with Jagermeister.

I had to stop serving these, frat boys cant handle their liquor.

ouch. same thing as a LI tea minus the jager.

and the pineapple/vodka/chambord sounded nice..

As anyone who was around for the Team Alco thread will remember I'm a Redbull and vodka kind of guy, but I've been known to get my tropical on and drink margaritas all night from time to time

i used to drink redbull and vodka all the time also...

but i switched the redbull with rockstar guava

and been hooked ever since...

This thread is killin it. But seriously, if there's one drink that every bar I've worked at has had a different attitude about, it's a margarita.

I only know one way to make it: awesome.

2-3 oz. top shelf tequila, preferably HERRADURA SILVER

1 oz. cointreau, NOT triple sec.

1 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice/half a lime

shake vigorously

this is how that shit should be. A strong tart drink with enough tequila that you taste it.

there should be no:

SOUR MIX

ORANGE JUICE

SUGAR/SIMPLE SYRUP

triple sec is actually ok if you don't have cointreau, but that shit is really disgusting.

I work at a few joints that want their margaritas to be all TGIFridays style, so I make em this way:

2 oz well tequila

1 oz triple sec

3 count pour of lime juice

splash or 2 of OJ

tsp of sugar

shake til the ice cuts it into a slushee and pour.

this is for women and effeminate dudes who would send back a real margarita.

Oh man --Dark and Stormy's. That's the drink that pushed me over the edge one night. Between smoking weed and power drinking those things, I doomed myself from the get go. The night ended with me puking all over the back patio of a bar, walking into the bar, yelling the bartenders name before saying "uhh you got a hose back there?" Luckily enough it was 2:30 am and only two people were in the bar. I went back, hosed the place down like a firefighter, then hosed off the puke on my chest and called for a car.

Then in the car I got sick and had the dude pull over so I could dry heave out the back window. Between dry heaving and weazing, all I could hear was two girls on the sidewalk saying "Oh no he didn't!" and Nasty mother fucker!"

I tipped the driver well, went upstairs and my girlfriend found me laying in the tub with the shower on, dry heaving all over myself at 3 am. She wasn't happy.

Dark and Stormy's are not meant for marathon drinking.

Don Cheedle:

My local haunt (shout out to Luga's villa!!) here in Beijing makes the best frozen magaritas. I have no idea what the use and to be honest I really don't want to know either. But their lychee flavoured one is the bombsicle and if you mix their mango and lychee together, you're going on a ride to flavour town, baby!

I will go ahead and make the assumption that the booze is mostly fake and made in a basement somewhere, though...

this should be the "say your favorite drink then tell one of your recent drunken stories"...thread...

I like 2 shots of crown royal in a rocks glass with 3 cubes and a splash of coke for some color and flavor last time i got sooper smashed I had a copius amounts of said drink then proceeded to make an ass of myself, i started a game of tag that got lots of the bar into it..lol..thats the last thing i remember...the next morning i woke up in a strangers chrysler 300 which i forgot my phone in...that was awkward let me tell you"ummm sorry my phone is on your car" "WTF?!" "i..uuuh..kinda slept in ur car dude...sorry" "fuckin kids mmmbggrrrllmb...take your stupid phone"....awesomeness

I worked at a place that had blood orange margaritas on the cocktail list. I loved those drinks until the owner got all cheap and started using blood orange puree instead of ordering cases of blood oranges to freshly squeeze into juice.

It went something like this:

2 oz. tequila

1 oz. triple sec

1 oz. blood orange juice(which I freshly squeezed at the beginning of each shift, added some sea salt and some simple syrup)

The blood orange juice had just enough tartness to work well with the addition of triple sec. Those things were killer.

• Like 1

i almost forgot about one of my homies drinks...

one day drunk talking on the phone to some female

he came up with the "hard root beer float"...

not sure if its an actual drink but it goes something like this...

- 1 part vanilla flavored vodka.. whichever one you prefer..

- 1 part A&W root beer...

- if desired, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream with it...

believe it or not that shit was de-motherfucking-licious...

Blood orange marg, shit man that really does sound good.

My French friend just bought me a shot with Gin, Vodka, Tequila and Creme de Menthe.

It was fucking horrible.

He drinks beer with a shot of creme de menthe in it and smokes menthol cigarettes. However, he is the only true writer I know in this god forsaken shit hole. So I tolerate his girly ways (he could also kickbox the fuck out of me!!).

• Like 1

cool to see hendrick's gin mentioned, let alone gin...

i just started drinking that stuff, been a gin fan for a while (mostly no.10 for gimmlets, or beefeater if i'm mixing). i use real lime, hendrick's, tonic, and cucumber for garnish. so good!

as far as a mixed gin drink, my personal favorite is a Gin Buck

6 parts ginger ale

1 part gin

0.5 parts real lime

garnish with lime

i found if you're doubling the recipe, don't double the lime juice...and it doesn't hurt to put a splash more gin in it...but that's a good starting balance.

• 2 weeks later...

bump it up cuz I just got out of work at the bar. Fuckin Williamsburg hipster animals, I just swept all the coke bags out of the bathroom and patio.

Tonight's cocktail: I was making this drink called a "cool hand Luke." Why, you ask?

1oz. white rum

1oz. malibu

splash of simple syrup

fill with PAUL NEWMAN'S OWN LEMONADE(hence the name)

:::shake:::strain over fresh ice in collins glass:::

top with 7up

float blue curacao

garnish with a cherry.

bitches go apeshit over it, next summer I'm making them frozen with a blender.

captain or sailor jerry

+

rootbeer

=

a personal favorite

we got a sailor jerry rum runner at one of my bars. I swear, that shit is so smooth in a runner you don't even know you're drinking alcohol. I've seen girls chug those things right after I place it in front of them.

*which leads to wasted bitches breaking glasses, Don Cheadle gets the broom and dustpan*

you know if you gather all the coke bags and put them in with a whiskey it's a

Whiskey COKE.

we do that in san francisco. no biggie.

I'm sure that would be a hit. They used to have a bar in Williamsburg called "Cokey's" where that actually happened.

Speaking of San Fran and bar culture, I fuckin LOVE how they made popular the practice of taking shots of Fernet Branca. I live for that shit, I respect any bar/restaurant that carries it.