12oz. Bartenders Club

earl broclo ESQ

Any bartender folk on here, have any good drink recipes?

I'm a big fan of the boat drink. (ie. a drink served on boats, beaches, and at tiki bars)

129110_Full.jpg

I have the Playboy Mansion's drink book, but that is set up for if you have a full bar. I'm working with basics, so I don't have any muddled blueberry camel fur extract or 80 year old chartreuse.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

earl, alot of my tastes in foods and drinks tend to be what i'd consider a diabetics dream

heres some shit i like.

tiger 10

1 1/2 oz of 10 cane rum

4oz cranberry juice

shake over ice and serve in a ''rocks'' glass.

nice pear

2 parts grey goose la poire flavored vodka

ice cubes

slices of pear

shake over ice in tumbler, serve with wedges of pear.

sweet relief

3 muddled strawberries(its a process that you dont really have to do, but adds to taste)

1oz simple sugar

2oz of stolichnays vodka

1/2 oz of fresh lemon juice. shake and strain ingredients into sugar rimmed martini

greentini

1/2 oz of iS vodka

1.5 oz cooled green tea(unsweetened)

half teaspoon of honey

splash of lemon( you can additionally grate some of the rind for decorative ''zest''.)

add lemon juice and honey first(one will help the other break down)then add vodka and tea over ice in tumbler.shake and serve. mint leaves can be a nice touch

i have a few more...but..im tired of typing..and moreover. im not a bartender.

• Like 1

Heres one I made up, I wouldn't recommend it unless you like spicy shit.

THE STING RING aka RING OF FIRE

-fresh jalapeno, sliced

-1.5 ounces Absolut Peppar vodka

-.5 ounce bloody mary mix

-couple drops of original Tabasco

-black pepper to taste

-1 big fat juicy pepperoncini pepper

Muddle jalapeno with vodka, no ice then strain. Add bloody mary mix, Tabasco sauce and black pepper, stir. Pour into rocks glass

Do shot then chase with a big bite from the pepperoncini.

• Like 1

Spicoli, I tried to give you props for that one, but I can't. That drink might just get me laid some night. My girl is a junky for spice and blood marys.

word,

regular vodka works well also, it tones down the black pepper flavor quite a bit for those who arent big fans if it. :D

• Like 1

How hard is it to get a job bartending? Do you have to know how to make 10,000 different drinks before you start or is it fairly easy to pick up?

if you have a pair of good tits, you have the job.

It is fairly easy to get a job tending bar, but finding a bar that you desire to tend at is usually the most difficult part...so if you don't care where you work, its not that hard. Depending on where you work, you don't need to know how to make a million drinks.

If you're seriously considering it, DO NOT apply to corporate tgi fridays, chilis, etc, restaurant/bars as you have people telling you what to do and you have to follow strict rules. Go to a pub, club, busy bar, whatever the fuck.

and now for some drinks:

Red Devil:

(collins glass, fill with ice, after pouring everything in, shake.)

-1 shot sloe gin

-half shot soco

-half shot amaretto

-half shot vodka

-half shot triple sec

-half shot lime juice

-fill rest of glass with oj.

LI Tea:

(same adding method as previous drink)

-one shot vodka

-" " gin

-" " rum

-" " tequila

-" " triple sec

- fill with sour mix, add some coke.

Surfers on Acid:

(same adding method)

-1 shot jager

-1 shot malibu

-fill with pineapple juice

throw some vodka in there for a swift kick to the face.

you could always mix clear liquors together and add any mixer and come up with your own drink..so avoid mixing whiskeys with vodka..

for example...this is off the top of my head: 1 shot vodka, 1 shot white rum, 1/2 shot triple sec, add raspberry seltzer and top with cranberry juice. call it a "12 oz response."

and a shot i love doing is the mind eraser:

rocks glass, no ice.

-one and 1/2shot vodka

-one shot kaluha

-fill with club soda

suck that shit through a straw.

get drunk.

Baltimore Zoo

Fucking delicious

1 shot vodka

1 shot light rum

1 shot gin

1 shot triple sec

1 shot Southern Comfort® peach liqueur

1 shot amaretto almond liqueur

1 shot grenadine syrup

1 dash sweet and sour mix

1 splash beer

Add the liquors and grenadine to a highball glass with ice. Top off with sweet and sour mix, add a splash of beer, and stir.

How hard is it to get a job bartending? Do you have to know how to make 10,000 different drinks before you start or is it fairly easy to pick up?

its not something you just walk in to, in most cases with zero to 2 years expeience you'll first have to..

-as a guy, start as a server or start out by working the door checkin id's then move up to barback (or start as one) then prove yourself there and wait till they start giving bar shifts, which can take a year or more.

-as a chick, start as a server pay your dues and dont bitch and one day hopefully youll pick up a few shifts.

a lot of drinks are just variations off another, and you'll be serving the same twenty drinks 90% of the time, most orders other than beer are well and soda like rum and cokes or vodka crans, shit like that.

its not easy work if you cant keep up they will can your ass quick :D