Halloween II remake..

Smacky636

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It's not a remake of Halloween 2...And it wasn't good, there is almost no story and a bunch of random killings stringed along through the movie. I expected more from Rob Zombie, I heard he didn't even want to make a new one and was forced and rushed into this one.

Wait till it comes to HBO.

Saw it yesterday, enjoyed it. The motherfucker murdered people. Raw. STAB STAB STAB STAB. Like it should be.

And it basically showed michael from a different angle than he's shown before. I'd throw examples but whoever is going to see this, I dont want to say anything more.

When was the last time any of you were satisfied to see an american serial killer movie and thought it deserved 148 oscars? Some people do get really uptight about they're picture films, like they've been personally offended. Please sit down, you're not that importante.

Good morning.

• Like 1

It's not a remake of Halloween 2...And it wasn't good, there is almost no story and a bunch of random killings stringed along through the movie. I expected more from Rob Zombie, I heard he didn't even want to make a new one and was forced and rushed into this one.

Wait till it comes to HBO.

Nailed it!

Natural born killers is one of the best movies ever,It's a motion picture acid trip turned violent.

I'm bummed to hear such bad things about this one,considering the first was so good.

Still gonna watch it cause Laurie meyers in this one is a SMASH.

Getting pretty tired of rob's wife being in every movie he does though.

Zombie totally misses the point or cares to forget what MM was supposed to be:

The Boogeyman.

He's not supposed to have a face and be some long haired hillbilly.

A movie about a regular, real life serial killer is always good, in fact they are scarier than the ones about these supernatural fictional characters. RZ is trying to take a supernatural type character and ground him in reality. Like I said, Meyers was supposed to be the Boogeyman. Why take away the mystic of a character, when that was pretty much the only thing that made him interesting?

Besides that, the dialog in all of his movies is terrible, along with his poorly written, cardboard characters and his fascination with middle American, hillbilly, pseudo-70's white trash.

Brutality and gore in a movie/story is fine when it's warranted, but to just randomly throw scenes in for shock value is a waste and a cheap device.

RZ is to Horror movies as Michael Bay is to "Action" movies.

For the record, I was NEVER a fan of any of the Halloween sequels. The original was the best one and is a classic. It spawned an entire genre of horror films: The Slasher. The original Halloween 2, was decent, but they should have left that character and that franchise alone. A sequel is only good if it pushed the story along, logically. If not, it's pointless and only done so a studio can milk it for a few more $$$$.

Zombie totally misses the point or cares to forget what MM was supposed to be:

The Boogeyman.

He's not supposed to have a face and be some long haired hillbilly.

A movie about a regular, real life serial killer is always good, in fact they are scarier than the ones about these supernatural fictional characters. RZ is trying to take a supernatural type character and ground him in reality. Like I said, Meyers was supposed to be the Boogeyman. Why take away the mystic of a character, when that was pretty much the only thing that made him interesting?

Besides that, the dialog in all of his movies is terrible, along with his poorly written, cardboard characters and his fascination with middle American, hillbilly, pseudo-70's white trash.

Brutality and gore in a movie/story is fine when it's warranted, but to just randomly throw scenes in for shock value is a waste and a cheap device.

RZ is to Horror movies as Michael Bay is to "Action" movies.

For the record, I was NEVER a fan of any of the Halloween sequels. The original was the best one and is a classic. It spawned an entire genre of horror films: The Slasher. The original Halloween 2, was decent, but they should have left that character and that franchise alone. A sequel is only good if it pushed the story along, logically. If not, it's pointless and only done so a studio can milk it for a few more $$$$.

Myers was and still is the Boogieman, I also liked the second Halloween. It wasn't going for such shock value as anyother of the ones past it. except for maybe the dude on fire getting run over by the car that wasn't MM or the scene in the hospital where he cranks up the temp and basically boils the dude. Sequels always need more to out do the last one, didn't you see Scream?? Dudes basically outline the 4 elements of Horror Sequels...

Meyers OG character was in 1970 in Western Ohio, maybe the characters were like that back then? it is possible.

Shock value is cheap for this type of horror movie but it's almost request by the corporation to sell more, you are right. look at the budgets compared to back then to know. They def are expected to gore the shit out of you to have people talking on the streets just to fill the seats.

John Carpenter's Halloween > Zob Zombie's Halloween > Everyother Director's Halloween

I didn't see it yet but i will and give my 2 cents 4 free..