Blackberry Storm?

DaOnlyQue

The BB Storm is the single worst phone I've ever had. I would seriously rather have a zack morris phone than this piece of shit. I made the mistake of buying this phone with the mindset that it would be good for work. I just need something that'll let me get emails on the phone and let me reply with ease. This phone can't even get that right. The screen just freezes up and won't let you do anything...often.

The web browsing on the phone is a joke. It takes FOREVER to load and the controls are incredibly complicated.

I like the coverage that VZW provides so I decided to stick with them based on ATT's service I used to have. The iPhone is notorious for dropped calls and the BB Storm has not done much of that...

I absolutely hate this thing and I'm stuck with it for the next 21 months. I am going to pay the cancellation fee because I hate this thing so much and go with ATT and the iPhone.

DO NOT BUY THE STORM.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
you would consider that in the same class of direct competition between the G1/MyTouch/Touch Pro2, iPhone, Palm Pre, & Storm?

to me the E72 looks more like competition with BB's..

Why do you want it?

They are all basically smartphones. All very similar, with the main distinguishing feature being the touchscreen (which is pretty gay and gimmicky IMO).

I want it because it has everything possible I want/need in a phone.

They are all basically smartphones. All very similar, with the main distinguishing feature being the touchscreen (which is pretty gay and gimmicky IMO).

I want it because it has everything possible I want/need in a phone.

besides having a better megapixel camera and flash, compared to the G1, and not having a touchscreen or having the flow technology compared to the Palm Pre, or the hardware the iphone has. why still you choice. w/o all the cool bells and whistles why pick the nokia?

i mean aren't the bells and whistle what people want out of their phones? what advantages do you see this phone having over the 3? disadvantages?

Touch screen, i wouldn't say is gay, gimmicky at first but now it's becoming industry standard. the Storm didn't need it and that phone was geared towards the working class who needed to be plugged in, not someone who just wanted a touch screen cuz the iphone had pushed it to standard...

also, the camera on this phone is a joke. every pic is blurry.... don't get me started on the video camera...ugh.

AND, Verizon only released ONE official update for the phone and it did very little. in a desperate attempt to make this thing usable, i downloaded some 'leaked' update for this thing that temporarily made it run about 5% smoother.

To date, Verizon has leaked about 20 updates but I'm still yet to receive a second official update.

I know i've been on a soapbox tonight bitching about this "smartphone" but tonight was the absolute nexus of my frustration.

• Like 1

i got a long way to go Smacky... i think the $175 cancellation fee may be worth it to keep my sanity in place.

p

i hear you can unlock iPhones to work with Verizon's network but i'd imagine there are some issues with being unofficial. i dunno what the benefits of unlocking the Storm would be? i think the only solution here is start from scratch. I REALLY hope they can transfer the numbers from my phone to the iphone.

it's definitely a choice of choosing the lessor of two evils.

ya dude u can unlock the the iphone and pick whatever service you want. basically if you can make an omelette you can jailbreak your iphone the thing is that you dont need ATnT's service so unless you know someone who is trying to sell their old one to upgrade it may not be worth it for you.

more to think about it that i got the G1, so i'm not as heavily versed in the iPhone but i do know it can be done because 2 for my close friends are getting the iPhone soon and i'm gonna doing it for them. Plus an IT dude who i'm cool with at work has his done.

It's cool cuz you can pick whatever service you want and still keep the Apple Store while obtaining a new Market Store that has all the pay-for stuff for free. Jailbreak the phone it is way worth it. I'm still gonna stick with the Touch Pro 2. And the haven't unlocked the Palm Pre yet, axiously waiting to see what that has in store.

Oh and looking at the Palm Pre online as it's being compared to the iPhone, I was doing a similar test run during the video and the G1, has a similar interface inregards to multitasking that the Palm Pre is pitching to everyone and that the iPhone doesn't have.

PS. the technology software of multitouch screen capability is out for the G1. Now the only thing that is different between the G1 and Palm Pre is the Flow technology. BUT the Touch Pro 2, is being released with similar HTC technology.

Food for Though Everyone!!!

i got a long way to go Smacky... i think the $175 cancellation fee may be worth it to keep my sanity in place.

p

i hear you can unlock iPhones to work with Verizon's network but i'd imagine there are some issues with being unofficial. i dunno what the benefits of unlocking the Storm would be? i think the only solution here is start from scratch. I REALLY hope they can transfer the numbers from my phone to the iphone.

it's definitely a choice of choosing the lessor of two evils.

yea that cancellation fee blows dude!!

Ebay your phone, round up alittle bit, buy the iphone or G1 or whatever with the proceeds from the Storm and hopefully you rounded up enough where you wont be shelling outta pocket so much...?? any other ideas?

hahaha the iphone sucks, get off apple's dick

google android is where it's at

Eh, I replaced my old sony ericson w810i with a G1 and ended up going back to the ericson.

I have an ipod touch that I use a lot, and the G1 just didn't work the way I wanted to at all.

The iphone is fucking hot, the G1 is anything but.

Maybe the android OS will get better with more popularity and development, but as it stands now, at least on the G1, it can't come close to touching the iphone interface in my honest opinion.

Eh, I replaced my old sony ericson w810i with a G1 and ended up going back to the ericson.

I have an ipod touch that I use a lot, and the G1 just didn't work the way I wanted to at all.

The iphone is fucking hot, the G1 is anything but.

Maybe the android OS will get better with more popularity and development, but as it stands now, at least on the G1, it can't come close to touching the iphone interface in my honest opinion.

i feel the opposite and i've had the G1 since like the 1st week or 2 it came out. Ya rough at first but the updates definately made it worth the purchase and the hold out to get it.

palm pre vs iphone vs g1....

the G1 really is showed in the video but it's more of a compare and contrast..

palm pre vs iphone....

i used my phone to do everything the Palm Pre can do, except having the flow technology, not to be confused the test where he was turning it on it's side from portrait.... The G1 is capable. The ony thing illustrated that the G1 can't do it multitouch screen. basically where you can use 2 fingers to widen or shrink the screen, G1 has (+,-) keys used on the touch screen. But because of updates and software picking up the multitouch is now a feature on the phone. As for the Flow Technology... G1 wont have it but the Touch Pro 2, will... HTC in my mind has a superior product.

Android Popularity is here to stay bro. The coffee shop hipsters with iPhone will hear about it but will still believe their phone is superior without listing any facts and then when you go and start telling them, they blow you off like they are happy with their product, but really they are better cuz they didn't think of that first... i've had to talk to too many Apple lovers

Yea my problem was that I couldn't go from multitouch to a device that couldn't.

Every time I was browsing I'd try to do it, it wouldn't work, and I'd get frustrated.

As the hardware advances I'm sure the google OS will be able to shine as it should.

One of the things I was most impressed with was the simple voice search option.

That shit is awesome.

Android Popularity is here to stay bro. The coffee shop hipsters with iPhone will hear about it but will still believe their phone is superior without listing any facts and then when you go and start telling them, they blow you off like they are happy with their product, but really they are better cuz they didn't think of that first... i've had to talk to too many Apple lovers

This is unfair. I'm far from a coffee shop hipster, have tried both devices and platforms and made my decision accordingly. I don't think the iphone is superior because of a hipster trend (everyone has one now, its not like its a show off product anymore).

Because you like one device more than the other doesn't mean that people that disagree with you are apple zombies.

Just food for thought.

Most tech blogs agree that while android is absolutely exciting and promising, the support and current models just aren't there yet.

:edit:

And while this was a direct response to you, it was more so to vent that people that have some tech knowledge and prefer some apple products are just dismissed as blind followers to the apple cult.

Sure some people like their products because they are "hip, trendy, and shiny", but to therefore condemn the brand as a whole as garbage is somewhat shortsighted.

This is unfair. I'm far from a coffee shop hipster, have tried both devices and platforms and made my decision accordingly. I don't think the iphone is superior because of a hipster trend (everyone has one now, its not like its a show off product anymore).

Because you like one device more than the other doesn't mean that people that disagree with you are apple zombies.

Just food for thought.

Most tech blogs agree that while android is absolutely exciting and promising, the support and current models just aren't there yet.

:edit:

And while this was a direct response to you, it was more so to vent that people that have some tech knowledge and prefer some apple products are just dismissed as blind followers to the apple cult.

Sure some people like their products because they are "hip, trendy, and shiny", but to therefore condemn the brand as a whole as garbage is somewhat shortsighted.

I can agree with you on only some points... Hipsters where the ones who sat inline for a GENERAL RELEASE PRODUCT, brought it home and then told mommy and daddy to buy one for themselves. You may not be a hipster but the smell still lingers in my mind. I know tech people who are just now moving over to the iPhone to see what it's all about. I dont know everything thing there is to know about phones but i have no problem educating myself on on all facets of a subject just so i can speak properly on the subject. That being said my primary knowledge is on the G1 and how it stacks up against it's main competition.

The support and community wasn't there for the first month or so bro, i know cuz i stuck with it through the thick n thin. I even came on here and asked people what their opinions were, 85% of this site said iPhone, the rest was torn. News is that the Android Os is here to stay and the support is up to par. Actually compared to Sprint, i have many Sprint user friends and they curse the company out on the regular, G1 support rocks. Apple, to me, well, you are kinda playing in their stadium and are subject to all of their rules, regulations, and fees.. i dont like that.

I dont dismiss the iPhone, i dismiss the fakes.. My IT guy just switched to the iPhone and when he had we had a discussion why, i respect HIS, POV. I think the iPhones hardware is better, not by much but def better due to the extra space of not having a Qwerty keyboard. The Palm Pre has address the hardware issue & having the Qwerty keyboard, so it looks like it's back to a software and support race. The G1 has the same toggling ability between windows as the Palm Pre, the iPhone doesn'thave that feature. Meaning the iPhone is a one program phone, you have to leave the application and open another one to use it. The Palm Pre and G1 have a computers ability to (alt+tab) toggle between applications.

A jailbreaked iPhone and a Rooted G1 are better devices altogether that would also stop the majority of bickering going on in the regular domestic market...

Yo my Storm Got A SIM Card Slot And I Can Use It For T-Mobile , Aint that Some Shit...

all the phones use the same kind size physically, you can pick the MB. The phone that you are just under their thumb is the Apple iPhone...............................:mad: ;) :o :confused:

storm.jpg

i have it...haven't downloaded much apps, yet, except for facebook, myspace, flickr, which are already on the phone.

but i would suggest going to crackberry.com for apps, tweaks, etc., and here for movies, already formatted for you:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f66/official-blackberry-storm-9530-9500-specially-formated-movies-215872/

blah blah blah. Thats all i read in this thread.

I made the thread before but got wiped out. Didnt hesitate to remake it cus i only saw me and bird flu who were the only ones that put input to the thread. So now i PM him to discuss this phone.

Anyways, Phone is great, just a pain in the ass to get it to work right. I have it hacked so it runs smooth and its less annoying.

Let me know what you need in PM form. Not going to waste my time here.

Edit*

Use Milk Grenade's Website. A good site to read up on updates and app. Also Themes.