Don't tase me bro..

IOU

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=6985700

So this happened at the station I catch the train at all the time. Same time I'm usually there as well, but off by one day. There are a lot of homeless and mentally ill people who use the trains and buses and shit like this is becoming way too common. When I went to catch the train the day after this happened I was approached by the Sheriffs asking me if I saw this go down.. At first I wanted to throw myself against the wall and scream for them not to tase me, but I pussied out. Instead I just told the pig how much it sucked that some dude died for a $1.25.. That's the cost of the fair they stopped him for. Even if dude was a crack head.. seems there has to be better ways to stop people than tasing them. I talk to a lot of the homeless who ride these trains or chill at the stations to get sleep and shelter.. Some of them say the Sheriffs act like fucking thugs when trying to remove them from the platforms. Others aren't so bad..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I thought this thread about was about this incident

Best quote of 2007.

Have you ever seen that crackhead on the Blue Line with the glass eye? He gives a big speech about how he's a converted ex-crackhead and has found Jesus. Then he takes his glass eye out and asks for donations. He also gives the same speech in Spanish. Impressive.

I've mostly seen people evade fare by moving to another car and getting off the next stop when the sheriff gets on the train. I can't believe somebody died over this. I need to know the circumstances. Nothing so far on the LA Times website.

[/url].

Best quote of 2007.

Have you ever seen that crackhead on the Blue Line with the glass eye? He gives a big speech about how he's a converted ex-crackhead and has found Jesus. Then he takes his glass eye out and asks for donations. He also gives the same speech in Spanish. Impressive.

I've mostly seen people evade fare by moving to another car and getting off the next stop when the sheriff gets on the train. I can't believe somebody died over this. I need to know the circumstances. Nothing so far on the LA Times website.

Oh damn, another Angeleno.. I don't get out to the Blue Line all that much really. But I can imagine shit is more hectic on that line than on the Red. So far there is nothing about the circumstances of what happened which is real fucking sad. Plus the sheriffs were out the day after looking for witnesses.. I bet that was a nice little screening process they did..

$1.25.. Fucking crap..

I have not ridden the Blue Line in years. From 7th Street/Metro to Long Beach it’s a pretty depressing ride. A lot of crackheads, gangsters, and women with way too many damn kids. I didn’t belong on that train and I don’t live anywhere near those stops. I didn’t think about the social aspects or circumstances of that area . I was just a young buck that started writing at the time and I was down to go wherever, whenever. Now I don’t even party below Alameda or Washington.

What is going on in North Hollywood? Wasn’t there a gang shoot out last week?

I have not ridden the Blue Line in years. From 7th Street/Metro to Long Beach it’s a pretty depressing ride. A lot of crackheads, gangsters, and women with way too many damn kids. I didn’t belong on that train and I don’t live anywhere near those stops. I didn’t think about the social aspects or circumstances of that area . I was just a young buck that started writing at the time and I was down to go wherever, whenever. Now I don’t even party below Alameda or Washington.

What is going on in North Hollywood? Wasn’t there a gang shoot out last week?

I hear you about that whole area out there. I've heard some fucked up stories..

As far as out here.. Where I'm at ain't too bad at all, but just blocks up from me it starts getting real shitty. Once you pass Sherman Way or whatever.. There are some hoods that got the 24hr floodlight action going on and shit, but North Hollywood was a shit hole in the 90s.. Not as bad these days. Copter is out on the regular though.

Yeah it seems about 85% of the Blue Line stops are in the hood. I remember the walls in the Watts area along the blue line being covered in graff. Haven't ridden it in years. I used to ride it as a teen to transfer to the Green Line to visit some homeboys out in Norwalk.

Anyone ride the Gold Line from Downtown to Pasadena?

Someone I know that runs a radio talk show said some cops go overboard with their use of tasers, like the 13 year girl one cop tasered for running away, which caused her to fall and crack her skull, requiring numerous stitches.

He said cops should treat tasers like a gun... and ask themselves "would I shoot this person in this same situation, but would rather use less force?" You wouldn't shoot a girl for running away from you so there's no need for a taser. If a guy is coming at you with a bat then yes, taser away if you know it'll take him down.

• Like 1