Female Members?!

misteraven

And another thing I like about these boards...

You don't take graf so fucking seriously. I mean great you love it, it might even be the biggest part of your life.... but the people here aren't into the whole: IM HIP HOP CUZ I WRITE! ONLY TRUE WRITERS ARE HIP HOP! I hate that, I really do. I love hip hop, I love graff.. and wow, I even write!.. but I also bump Sublime, weezer and portishead... but I don't nessesarily rock ecko all the time.. alot of times i'm happy with my dads hippie polyester shirts from 1972. I love the graff diversity here. I learn alot.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate label whores (male OR female)who feel like they have to rock a certain uniform OR drive a certain kind of car OR regurgitate the same bullshit rhetoric to fit in or get respect.Maybe that's why I'm a friendless bastard.On the topic of female members,my ex-girl(now a writer) AND her new boy's member are burnin with genital warts.hahahahaha!I'm glad I got spared from this horrible virus...

"Shoulda put a sock on the pickle...then the pussy wouldn't be blowin' smoke signals..."-Ice Cube

Thanks Devilush! Hey, where's my shortcuts? ;) soon?

I have a dreadfully painfully horribly boring job - so I spend half my time daydreaming about what I could be doing with my time, or I try to occupy my time doing this.

When I first joined up I naively started a 'who's a female writer' thread, which got some positive feedback and response and lots of criticism as well. It's not to say this curiosity is not warranted - heck, there always have been female writers, just not quite as many of them, which makes it a bit more interesting. Alot of people say females fall off quicker - well, I beg to differ with that. I know a heck of a lot of female writers who are tried and true til the end.

I've gotten lots of entertainment from the topics on this board. Alot of people say that it's not right to have a graff forum, but I think nothing could be better - graffiti by nature is a huge web of people with this fixation with writing on things, along with the stories, the gossip, the network - it makes perfect sense.

Devilush has a point. The girls on here are probably a little different than your average chick. Hey we like to look cute and go shopping and we like to be treated nice by our men, but we are perhaps a bit more brazen, I guess it comes with the territory. I skate too, so I guess I'm jus a 'tomboy' or something. I am also a total feminist - but I know a lot of people are threatened by that very word - oh god has it been warped by those who don't want to see any change!

I also am really entertained by all the 'what's wrong with girls' threads...I never realized the boys stressed about it so much!

Originally posted by Misteraven

Hey Are2, you know I was at that Applied Science show myself. I spent most of the night drinking with Joker and Giant off to the side. I kept seeing you around and was tempted to say something, but felt kinda dumb walking up all like, "hey this is Raven from the board". Also girls with long legs and tight dresses throw me off when I'm not expecting it. Anyhow, maybe I'll catch you at another show sometime and we can crack a beer and go catch a few tags.

...word

that's cool...i know writers aren't the most social or outgoing people..i barely talked to five people that night

Originally posted by Devilush

we fucking love graf. and that is it.

..exactly

p.s... fuck being average..and, am i the only female on here with a degree?? in biochemistry and molecular biology?? (haaa!! i love to brag about that)

I have a degree, not that it's really being used.

Biochemistry and Molecular Biology sound about as much fun as writing database scripts and accompanying PHP Hypertext Preprocessor code for Flash front ends like I'm currently doing to pay my bills. So you wearing a lab coat all day? I'd imagine it's a good spot to be in since the Pharmaceutical, Molecular Biology and Biomedical fields are collectively supposed to become bigger than even the internet boom of the nineties.

Thanks for all the interest guys. I found 12oz by just looking on the internet for graffiti information. As I said it was something I found interesting and wanted to know more about it. I have done countless hours of research, worn out shoes from taking flicks on my lunchhour, and pretty much satisfied my curiousity. I still enjoy learning things about graffiti, but I feel pretty well rounded to the extent I want to be. As for 12 oz., I started on the bench and third rail, even (a little shudder and blush) the yard, but these quickly grew boring without much new stuff. Then I started hanging out in channel zero and got hooked. I would find myself wondering....Is Seekings tooth okay?....Did teasers girl show up?....Did Siloette get a new job?....etc. Now I have the internet brand of closeness you get on these boards. I kinda feel like the den mother of this group sometimes. Kind and compassionate, but with a no nonsense approach to most subjects. I don't know it's too early.

One of these days I'll have to plan an official 12ozProphet event so we can all meet up in person. That'd make an interesting thread if it hasnt already been done. What would you want in a 12ozProphet Party and who would you like to meet face to face?

Anyhow, it's good to see that community eventually developed here. That was the whole point.

Originally posted by Misteraven

I have a degree, not that it's really being used.

Biochemistry and Molecular Biology sound about as much fun as writing database scripts and accompanying PHP Hypertext Preprocessor code for Flash front ends like I'm currently doing to pay my bills. So you wearing a lab coat all day? I'd imagine it's a good spot to be in since the Pharmaceutical, Molecular Biology and Biomedical fields are collectively supposed to become bigger than even the internet boom of the nineties.

i love my job..it's fun to me i guess..

i wear a lab coat ..with my name on it..and i get to work with plenty of wierd shit like radioactive LSD and THC, decapitated rats and mice, cloned human cells, carcinogens and irritants (not coworkers)..and of course, computers...we even got extra business for anthrax drug development..pretty sick...i'm a research pharmacologist..so, hopefully, i'll get to $cash$ in..(i don't make that much..but it's decent)

this isn't the end of my rainbow, but its a start..

to be Are2, Ph.D. would be the dopest..we'll see if i can get into grad school..

and also, my degree affords me the ability to whip up inks of all varieties like..well, a chemist!!

..as far as the official 12oz party(blackbook session?!) goes, i'd prolly like to meet just about everyone..i certainly can't sit and list them all....i guess all i'd want out of it is a secure, pork free location

"I love Devilush and when I grow up I'm going to marry her." - splint2

i am there are girls that involve themselves in things such as graffiti. one kid really pissed me off one time because he was talking about how guys are better at about everything...he played basketball and said he could beat any girl. so i found this girl on the high school basketball team, who got a scholarship to a division I college, and let her kick his ass...she did big time. girls can do anything just as good or better than guys, i have accepted that...

Re: girls, girls, girls

Originally posted by Devilush

there are so many girls on here that keep it anonymous! for one, my homegirl post. she doesnt post in channel zero but she will post on third rail.

this is because i'm shy. haha i have like 11 posts or something. now i feel shy again... ok bye.

damn..I think my first post on here..was a little big you think.I unfortunately as well have a long houred..boring job....Im happy to see how positive this subject is...and raven..if you do come up with some sort of gathering..seattle is always a nice place...:)

Originally posted by splint2

"I love Devilush and when I grow up I'm going to marry her." - splint2

aw now that is adorable!! thanks hun! ;)

post....you are too cute girl. you know i love ya. you should really post more often cuz i do know that you have a lot to say, but its always positive.

Originally posted by siloette

damn..I think my first post on here..was a little big you think.I unfortunately as well have a long houred..boring job....Im happy to see how positive this subject is...and raven..if you do come up with some sort of gathering..seattle is always a nice place...:)

I was thinking about heading out that way in late february. Seems like there's a few people off the board living out that way. If I make it, maybe we can catch up and go have a few beers.

The locker room talk doesn't phase me really because I'm used to hangign' with the boys although sometimes...........

What really drew me here was simply my love for graf and the opportunity to meet people that share that love. First off there are few chick writers that I know of who are worth a damn. IF you're in it because you love it then mad props but on the flip side FUCK A GROUPIE. Its those chiks that make it hard for those of us who are serious. I for example I write alone I'm in this game all by myself because the boys I know that write simply hate on me...don't want to take a female seriously because this is a 'boys' sport. Really I'm not tryin' to preach womens lib on graffiti. I just want the right to express myself as an artist and be respected as one. Most people don't know I'm a girl... I don't tell people when they ask I just say it's my brother that writes my word. I seek equal respect as a writer. I want people to think 'Yup, thats a decent writer' as opposed to,' Yeah she's good for a chik'. But at the sametime I write for me so I suppose it doesn't matter how they respect me or if they ever do.

As far as the site, yo. The shits aight! I don't think any catering is necessary.

everyone knows ur a girl. u can tell by what u say in ur posts and the most obvious givaway...... ur name. but thats cool ur into graff and shit. and im not tryin to start funk with all this racist bullshit talk im just tryin to help u out some and im bored as fuck. u got any flix to post???? what u write?

wow...this thread is really nice and positive! i'm just wainting for some numb nut to start asking..."who's hot on here?" but yeah it feels really good when you are acknowledged for your talent rather than the physicalities. anyway i wish my city had more girl writers.....ladies hit me up, i'd like to hear from ya!:D

Archived