Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Abracadabra

Snow Leopard

i actually stopped by the apple store to check it out... don't think it'll reallllyy supplement my life so i didn't buy it.. might look on the netz to see if theres a copy available..

u get it? how is it?

im out of town, picked it up..called raven..he said he bought it ..so I busted it right back to the apple store returned that shit and will wait till I get back for the free upgrade of Raven.

not alot of change, but its still a worthy upgrade.

u get it? how is it?

yeah, i picked it up. here's the rundown:

i got mine from the local apple store. apple has the actual software on the floor, not just empty display boxes. walk in there when it's busy, grab a copy, and wander around the store for a few minutes, then walk out. nobody will say shit. my dumb ass grabbed what i thought was a display box, took it to the counter, paid, then walked out without a receipt or a bag and nobody said shit. i could have skipped the paying part with no effort.

install was relatively short. i think the upgrade took about 15-20 minutes.

there isn't a pile of new features, they've basically just refined everything, made the os alot smaller, and improved on the little things (like now you can include the date on the time display). my computer ran pretty quick before (i'm on one of the current model 24" imacs with 4gb ram and 1tb hd) and even i can notice the speed improvement. safari loads almost instantly, photoshop loads in 2 or 3 seconds. shutting down takes about 3 seconds. coming back from sleep is a little snappier.

the talk of some programs no longer working after the install doesn't seem to be an issue. i'm running an old version of ms office and all i had to do was download a little patch and boom, running as normal. the only other thing i had to reinstall was the adblocking plug in for my browsers

I'm still rockin tiger.

Am I sleeping?

I don't even know what I'm rockin', but the shit is old as fuck. 10.3.9 --something. My computer is two steps up from Zaxxon 3d.

I'm still rockin tiger.

Am I sleeping?

i wouldn't worry,you're still better off than anyone using a microsoft OS :lol: :p

My roommate that write training for AppleCare, brought home a copy for me. Gonna install it tonight after work. But, I also got a Snow Leopard t-shirt!

I'm still rockin tiger.

Am I sleeping?

45% of mac users are on tiger

Also got it today? Snow leopard has been for sale and download for a month

they have been bundling intel macs with it for twice as long

Snow leopard marks the eventual demise of the PPC IBM chipset support

it's the first intel only operating system

and intel chips are far worse than the PPC chips

but cheaper, so yeah have fun with that

i got a macbook like 8 days ago. i didnt find out til wed that snow leopard was coming out on fri or else i woulda waited.

only $30 for the upgrade i think im just gonna but it rather than try to lift it.

i got a macbook like 8 days ago. i didnt find out til wed that snow leopard was coming out on fri or else i woulda waited.

only $30 for the upgrade i think im just gonna but it rather than try to lift it.

if you only just bought a new mac you don't have to pay full price. click

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now