Snow Leopard

Abracadabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

im out of town, picked it up..called raven..he said he bought it ..so I busted it right back to the apple store returned that shit and will wait till I get back for the free upgrade of Raven.

not alot of change, but its still a worthy upgrade.

u get it? how is it?

yeah, i picked it up. here's the rundown:

i got mine from the local apple store. apple has the actual software on the floor, not just empty display boxes. walk in there when it's busy, grab a copy, and wander around the store for a few minutes, then walk out. nobody will say shit. my dumb ass grabbed what i thought was a display box, took it to the counter, paid, then walked out without a receipt or a bag and nobody said shit. i could have skipped the paying part with no effort.

install was relatively short. i think the upgrade took about 15-20 minutes.

there isn't a pile of new features, they've basically just refined everything, made the os alot smaller, and improved on the little things (like now you can include the date on the time display). my computer ran pretty quick before (i'm on one of the current model 24" imacs with 4gb ram and 1tb hd) and even i can notice the speed improvement. safari loads almost instantly, photoshop loads in 2 or 3 seconds. shutting down takes about 3 seconds. coming back from sleep is a little snappier.

the talk of some programs no longer working after the install doesn't seem to be an issue. i'm running an old version of ms office and all i had to do was download a little patch and boom, running as normal. the only other thing i had to reinstall was the adblocking plug in for my browsers

I'm still rockin tiger.

Am I sleeping?

45% of mac users are on tiger

Also got it today? Snow leopard has been for sale and download for a month

they have been bundling intel macs with it for twice as long

Snow leopard marks the eventual demise of the PPC IBM chipset support

it's the first intel only operating system

and intel chips are far worse than the PPC chips

but cheaper, so yeah have fun with that

• 3 weeks later...

i have the black macbook. os x version 10.4.11

processor= 2 ghz intel core duo

memory= 1 gb 667 mhz ddr2 sdram

since i got this mac,

1. my hard drive crashed and needed to get completely replaced (my apple care took care of that)

2. my cd drive burntout, couldnt read any disks and needed to be replaced. (that was taken care of during the tail end of my apple care b4 it expired)

3. my battery is comprimised or in english, FUCKED. (it can read 100%, but will die or shut off a few minutes after being unplugged for a few minutes, hensce i always have it plugged in.)

That is a backround of my mac.

PROPS for answers to THE FOLLOWING PLEASE HELP AS I KNO NOTHING ABOUT MACS N MAINTENCE...

-my iphoto is about 4000 pix deep, is this slowing my machine?

-when i hook up my mac 2 my lcd samsung and try 2 stream video it freezes.

-when i go on utube and try 2 stream video it takes 4ever 2 buffer/play...

if i run itunes, and safari with more then 1 tab the vacum comes on strong and the machine slows dramatically...

-do i need 2 upgrade to this snow leapard?

-is it the battery or a combination of things?

PLEASE HELP.

PROPS for answers to THE FOLLOWING PLEASE HELP AS I KNO NOTHING ABOUT MACS N MAINTENCE...

-my iphoto is about 4000 pix deep, is this slowing my machine?

-when i hook up my mac 2 my lcd samsung and try 2 stream video it freezes.

-when i go on utube and try 2 stream video it takes 4ever 2 buffer/play...

if i run itunes, and safari with more then 1 tab the vacum comes on strong and the machine slows dramatically...

-do i need 2 upgrade to this snow leapard?

-is it the battery or a combination of things?

PLEASE HELP.

Sounds to me like you need to go ahead and max out the RAM on that macbook to 2gb. This should help you with running multiple programs and streaming issues.

If I were you I would go ahead and get an external hard drive to store all of your photos and other media that is taking up most of your computer's hard drive space.

Snow leopard isn't going to do much, if you dont take care of the other things first.

Your best bet would be to probably upgrade to a desktop model with more RAM and Hard Drive space.

I dont really know what I'm talking about though. :p

weapon of choice...

how do i check my permissions? DEFINE.

how do i verify my hard drive? DEFINE.

how do i upgrade 2 10.5? and will that really make a difference?

hachi machi

boosting the RAM will help with the buffering? do u know what that would cost me?

i cant upgrade 2 a desktop model, but the external hard drive sounds like a start.