Phone Phreaking and swatting...

awkward eye

This blind kid got 11 years for sending swat teams to people's houses that made him mad over the phone...I read an article about it yesterday in the Rolling Stone. I've never even heard of phone phreaking or swatting before I read this.

Here's the article

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/29787673/the_boy_who_heard_too_much/print

lilhackerpbx411.jpg

If this has already been talked about feel free to post your Old News Rocks and Cool Story Bro pics, I won't be mad.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Never seen the movie Hackers huh...

This is some really old shit. Kids used to be doing this shit back in the early to mid nineties. Back when payphones were the rule. Now it's pretty much pointless, obsolete.

No I never saw the movie Hackers. To this kid it was his life, read the article...He he would send swat teams to girls houses that wouldn't have phone sex with him. :lol:

people still phone phreak?

Yeah, but it's a lot different. Now it's all about PBX/VOIP hacking and voice bridges (party lines)...about the only thing that's the same is the social engineering aspect. You didn't really need to be computer literate back in the day (although a lot of people were), but nowadays the learning curve has increased and since everything went digital the risk of getting caught also went up.

wow that paperwork is complete bullshit...

shai the learning curve has gone down btw. look at your itouch and download how much software for it to do this shit... of course get caught by doing it that way... buy hey kids are fucking retards..

Of course look at what we can run on those beasts.... its quite a bit if people stop to take the time to learn...

But that paperwork is complete bullshit..