Halloween Costume Thread (too early?)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I didn’t do a damn thing for Halloween this year. With the arm injuries I wasn’t about to drag a bunch of stuff out and put it away and there was no way in hell he would do it. 
Our borough allows tricks and treats from 6-8 p (yes, Pittsburgh boroughs and townships all schedule their times and sometimes a borough will do a day before  (if you plan it right you can have a few days). Out door is on a main road. In our area  it’s the ONLY road for east west travel unless you take the freeway. Law enforcement will lead and tail a group of trick is treaters down the main road and it stops all traffic for a quick spell. (It’s oddly quiet) 

so people (and businesses) stand outside with their treats to make it smooth.

times are posted as such-

IMG_8726.thumb.jpeg.3ccf06a1e85600b5761a4563819a9ff5.jpeg

• Like 2

So this isn't the only organized trick or treating.  Our neighborhood HOAs sent out a notification tell residents they have to register their address if they were giving out candy.  The trick or treat-ers then would use an app tell showing then on a map what homes to go to. 

I am not sure how I feel about how HOAs are now finding implementing ways to register you freedom of liberties.  I didn't bother to look to see if there were any penalties if you didn't register.  But I kind of feel HOAs are getting more creative in over stepping their boundaries.   

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

2 hours ago, ndv said:

So this isn't the only organized trick or treating.  Our neighborhood HOAs sent out a notification tell residents they have to register their address if they were giving out candy.  The trick or treat-ers then would use an app tell showing then on a map what homes to go to. 

I am not sure how I feel about how HOAs are now finding implementing ways to register you freedom of liberties.  I didn't bother to look to see if there were any penalties if you didn't register.  But I kind of feel HOAs are getting more creative in over stepping their boundaries.   

Of course there has to be an app for it. Everything has to have an app! When I had Covid awhile back, the only test kits I could get required you to download an app and connect your phone over Bluetooth in order to get your results. It was absolutely ridiculous.

• Truth 2

3 hours ago, SMdoubleXL said:

I didn’t do a damn thing for Halloween this year. With the arm injuries I wasn’t about to drag a bunch of stuff out and put it away and there was no way in hell he would do it. 
Our borough allows tricks and treats from 6-8 p (yes, Pittsburgh boroughs and townships all schedule their times and sometimes a borough will do a day before  (if you plan it right you can have a few days). Out door is on a main road. In our area  it’s the ONLY road for east west travel unless you take the freeway. Law enforcement will lead and tail a group of trick is treaters down the main road and it stops all traffic for a quick spell. (It’s oddly quiet) 

so people (and businesses) stand outside with their treats to make it smooth.

times are posted as such-

Bummer about your arm injuries. Bummer about you not participating in the 'trick or treating' the way you would want to because we know how much you like this moment of the year. And bummer that he wouldn't help you do it knowing how much you like to participate in the Halloweening. 

However, The trick or treat scheduling is interesting. Once one gets accustom to it, it seems rather safe and efficient. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

1 hour ago, LUGR said:

Of course there has to be an app for it. Everything has to have an app! When I had Covid awhile back, the only test kits I could get required you to download an app and connect your phone over Bluetooth in order to get your results. It was absolutely ridiculous.

App is the new currency, all the data collection is profits. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

10 hours ago, Ko SprueOne said:

Bummer about your arm injuries. Bummer about you not participating in the 'trick or treating' the way you would want to because we know how much you like this moment of the year. And bummer that he wouldn't help you do it knowing how much you like to participate in the Halloweening. 

However, The trick or treat scheduling is interesting. Once one gets accustom to it, it seems rather safe and efficient. 

In all fairness right around the same time of not being able to work, maybe a few weeks prior-I told him we need to decide who gets which room and just take our own space and ‘you do you and I do me ‘ type deal. (Then I wasn’t able to do shit with either hand) so I had to depend on him to pretty much re arrange both rooms by himself cuz I couldn’t even put my money where my mouth was and move my own shit! Hahahahahaha 

Hahaha 

haha

ha

and he’s been carrying my load around here since end of July so I’ll understand. This year.  

he is kinda of a dick tho- hence….

Edited by SMdoubleXL
Ain’t happenin any other year either
  • Like 3
  • LOL! 1

Took my kids out for 1.5 hours - kids trick or treat like pussies these days. 

We used to run around like madmen, I saw parents explaining to their preteens what to do. It was fucked.

We had one kid come by in the time we were gone, the little neighborhood bad ass. Dude and his buddy took every thing we left out in the bowl.

Just like I would have done 30 years ago - keep the spirit alive Julian. Keep it alive. 

• Like 3
  • LOL! 3

11 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Interesting... you've been eating Menz' crumbles?

Interesting it used to be Nestle.

Violet Crumble is an Australian chocolate bar. The bar is a crumbly honeycomb toffee centre coated in a layer of compound chocolate. It was first made by Hoadley's Chocolates in South Melbourne around the year 1913; and is currently made in Adelaide, South Australia by Robern Menz after a period of ownership by Nestlé

• Like 2