Burning man 2009?

Guest spectr

Guest spectr
Earthdance, later on this month - is going to be better.

Hell yeah.. I work for them, and it has to be the best lineup yet. I am fucking stoked about this year. Though I am going to be burnt out by the end of it, considering I have symbosis to work the weekend before... But fuck it.. I will just eat more drugs.. Hit me up about earthdance man...

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who checks to make sure you paid though, it looks so huge and i hear its expensive to go, but it kinda looks like you could just drive up and park in that piece. who's checking?

As big as the place is, the desert around it is WAY bigger, and any object, person or vehicle approaching the city sticks out like a sore thumb among the vast nothingness. It's got a trash fence surrounding the whole area, and it's constantly patrolled by at least 3 different agencies (Black Rock Rangers, Bureau of Land Management, several police forces). During the day it's next to impossible, any vehicle will lift a plume of dust 50 feet high behind it. You could probably do a worthy attempt at night, but it's still hard as fuck to get a car in anywhere but the single entrance from the road. People have done it, but it's not easy.

Burning Man cost me $1K when I was going from Puerto Rico, and that included airfare. This year my expenses ran about $650. I don't think that's too expensive for a week of the wildest fucking party on earth.

you can always ride your bike in.. also show up early.. or just sneak in.. its not that hard to sneak in..

and mams if you on the west coast hit me up... i got you for some not quite burning man festivals sometime... I'm supposed to be working a couple decompression events on the west coast... My ride didn't come through and I couldn't manifest one this year for some reason.. it was just one of those things.. of course I had a couple friends who couldn't find rides either... so it happens..

The fuck, you from Cleveland or something. Niggas like you end up in the hospital tent after day two - exposure will fuck a square bear up.

Most people in Cleveland except for the fixed-gear fags don't give two shits about wandering around a desert fucked up on drugs . Heroin is $10 here and you can walk around the Flats which is like a Scooby Doo ghost town without having to drive .

burning man looks mad dope. thanks for shedding light. i've officially listed it on my things-to-do-before-i-die list. i'll probably be planning a trip there in the next two years. just need to find some people interested enough and have enough money to afford it.

hey mams, i know that you mentioned dubstep and i'm familiar with freq nasty and bass nectar. i was wondering though, if you knew of other parties at the burning man that play shit like house, tech, minimal, or breaks. also, what other genres get played?

Most people in Cleveland except for the fixed-gear fags don't give two shits about wandering around a desert fucked up on drugs . Heroin is $10 here and you can walk around the Flats which is like a Scooby Doo ghost town without having to drive .

Uhh...

cleveland.jpg

You sound like a bunch of fucking retards. Heroin has little hold at festivals like this. Who the fuck wants to nod out listening to Psi-Trance with a bunch of naked dudes swirling around you? n/h.

The flats? THERE'S NO FUCKING HILLS IN CLEVELAND. EVERYTHING IS FLAT. I ran through that area a few times and you're right, it does suck- IMMENSELY.

Mamerro you should invest and make one of the fingers on your laser glove a green laser.

Yeah, I've been thinking about that for next year. I would have to be super careful though, cause those things can cause serious damage if shined in somebody's eyes, a distinct possibility when the dancing is going on. Also, the EL wire that ran down my arm and lit the whole thing up lasted all of 5 minutes before a battery cable snapped, and I couldn't be fucked to solder it back on. The glove worked beautifully (save for the pinky finger which had an iffy laser) and people bugged out on it.

hey mams, i know that you mentioned dubstep and i'm familiar with freq nasty and bass nectar. i was wondering though, if you knew of other parties at the burning man that play shit like house, tech, minimal, or breaks. also, what other genres get played?

Dude, there is absolutely every genre under the sun being played there. I gravitate towards dubstep/glitch/breaks, but walk down the Esplanade any night and you'll hear a party every 50 feet with a different kind of genre being spun. There's a place called Temple of Breaks which, as the name suggests, is the mecca for that specific genre, and then there's Opulent Temple which plays more traditional oontz oontz stuff at an enormous scale. DJ Dan and Carl Cox play there almost every year, and I caught a little bit of an Infected Mushroom live PA set there which was intense as fuck (not my type of shit, but I was fucking impressed). Deep house gets played often during the day, at "beach" parties where you're supplied with water guns and weird drinks. Minimal is everywhere, especially on cruising art cars.

Dude, there is absolutely every genre under the sun being played there. I gravitate towards dubstep/glitch/breaks, but walk down the Esplanade any night and you'll hear a party every 50 feet with a different kind of genre being spun. There's a place called Temple of Breaks which, as the name suggests, is the mecca for that specific genre, and then there's Opulent Temple which plays more traditional oontz oontz stuff at an enormous scale. DJ Dan and Carl Cox play there almost every year, and I caught a little bit of an Infected Mushroom live PA set there which was intense as fuck (not my type of shit, but I was fucking impressed). Deep house gets played often during the day, at "beach" parties where you're supplied with water guns and weird drinks. Minimal is everywhere, especially on cruising art cars.

werd, thanks for the line up. for some reason i thought it was more hippy oriented and they weren't down too much with the oontz. good to know they play everything. might be hitting that up as early as next year. cheers

btw u ever hit up WMC in miami?