ZietgeistMovement.com

Soup

Yes, this is another thread about that movie however it seems the movie's maker has transformed the buzz around the Zeitgeist Movie into a message of cultural sustainability. Its interesting watching the orientation video, although any economist will tell you it's a pretty large brushstroke he uses to crudely depict his utopian future.

Anyway czech it out.

http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

when you all put the dumb E jokes asside, I would agree with a lot of the movie's points. Although it gets a bit hippie at the end, only because in the end of their first movie everyone said "ok, so what do we do?" I think the hippie bit at the end is only an option instead of saying "hey, we're all fucked"

I recomend this movie to any and all religion nut jobs who spend their life chasing the easter bunny and santa around and that jeebus guy.

propped for being ballzy to post this in a thread of haters.

Gee wiz thanks for the props. Am i at 12 yet? Just kidding. Its not ballsy, the zeitgeist movie has been posted on this forum tens of times and for the most part has been taken incredibly seriously by ouncers. Twinky and Eon are tinychat heads and personally just like to razz me, but It's nothin personal.

But yeah the zeitgeist movie itself is a work of fiction, yet after seeing this new zeitgeist website Im thinking the maker of these films, Peter Joseph, is a fairly eloquent speaker and has some very creative and interesting ideas. They're not the most in-depth discussions about the points he tries to make, but for anyone who wants to hear the alternative look on economics, this is it. I've actually been getting an earful of this kind of shit from a few kids who've graduated from UC berk in economics and now pretty much run various aspects of the State government/hate their bosses.

432px-Crossfireguns.svg.png

chrysler_crossfire_front_angle.jpg

burning+cross.jpg

Zeitgeist fails to acknowledge that the christian moral, human rights, freedom of speech and general ethical thinking peaked during late cold war/90s as a distinguishing asset against communism.

That shit is getting slowly out of fashion in 2010 and dying with current generations.

People rather grow old and die ignorant than listen to this dude's agonising voice. I already know everything is fucked and ethically wrong.

People who deny that, will also deny all zeitgeisty kind of materialist movies.

After all it is pretty blatant propaganda with no intention to appeal to the conformist/religious crowd by their means.

"Accept our rational logic!1 Jebus is fake!!"

Getting butthurt about religion is useless. Religions have been useful providers of metaphors to the unexplained phenomena, nowadays the trend just is to explain the phenomena first and change it after more information is gathered. Every true scientist acknowledges the possibility of errors in the most profound scientific facts and measures (ie. 'lord' does whatever the fuck he want's and it's ok.)

:yawn:

i think this movie has a valid point about the sad state of affairs that is our world.

do i care? kind of.

it's good to watch movies like this. and usually you could call something like this a propaganda movie. however... I have yet to find one selfish reason for world peace... so i think i'll join the movement. i don't like working to death to keep myself enslaved to the dollar, which is losing value every day I am alive. how bleek is that outlook?

will the world change? not in our lifetime.

the golden rule is; he who has the gold, rules... and that won't change. power and greed rule the world. don't believe me? go share your dinner with the homeless guy... greedy bastard.

who gives a fuck.

The vdeo brings up shit thats true but has been going on for thousands of years and will continue to go on, regardless of some guy making a video about it. Shits gonna happen For as long as we on this planet. Much better to not give a fuck because theres nothing to stop religious nut jobs

• Like 1

the point the movie is trying to make is one our fore fathers made.

people shouldn't be afraid of their government, rather the government should fear their people.

and they do.

that's why there's fear compaigns in the media, scaring people into believing anything. that's why there was a colored terror alert system... that's why the first ten minutes of the news is all violent crimes and tragedy. that's why school shootings have been sensationalized to the point of being trendy...

fearful people obey their masters.

THIS SHIT IS PIMPIN SINCE BEEN PIMPIN!

yall just a bunch of tricks.

at least some of you have a sense of what the fuck is up. I just assumed everyone would be sheep.

Im all for knowledge, if youre not, or "who cares" then what's the point of wasting through your life? get out the way.

long live zeitgeist. Change starts with yourself.

I actually went to the event held in NYC a few months back.

I wouldn't say I agree with what Peter Joseph is trying to say. I do take things from his message though.

Also some of the idea's and concepts that Jacque Fresco has come up with are very impressive and should be taken into serious consideration regarding the construction of modern cities.

However the crowd that was their seemed to care wayyyyy too much about what they heard in other films that contradicted what he had to say in his. Specifically the cause behind 9/11. His personal view on religion and spirituality, and the thought behind why humans behave the way they do.

Still hearing what he has to say in person is a lot different from watching the film.

I've seen the first movie played on public access television. It's all to refreshing to see some investigative journalism, with how much american idol makes the evening news. Oh and did anyone hear michael jackson died. Also they have to cancel "I Love Money 3" because a contestant on "Megan: golddigger" killed his wife and then himself. If people weren't so overloaded with jealousy and pop-consumption because of the news, maybe some one would've stabed a senator insted of some "nigguh wif niez jordinz." Rip FogRaw.