veg verge.

complex

thread for switching to a vegetarian.

this is my ordeal.

considering becoming a veggie

why?

the meat we eat is not the same as wild/free range game.

animal treatment (i use to not give a fuck)

price of being a veggie. higher then eating meat...

switching after the years of meat eating is sooo weird/hard

availability of vegetarian food

honestly i love eating meat. but i believe in doing it traditionally done. ie naturally. its just not the same anymore.

anyone made the transfer?

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

honestly i love eating meat. but i believe in doing it traditionally done. ie naturally. its just not the same anymore.

right so instead you can eat soy bean biproducts that have been produced en masse and artificially altered to taste like other things. that and buying potatoes with the dirt still on them from a farmer's co-op because it's like, natural n shit

right so instead you can eat soy bean biproducts that have been produced en masse and artificially altered to taste like other things. that and buying potatoes with the dirt still on them from a farmer's co-op because it's like, natural n shit

the soy bean alteration is about a fraction of the read meat alteration

yes...just yes.

In the US, Snickers ingredients are: milk chocolate (sugar, cocoa butter, chocolate, skimmed milk, lactose, milkfat, soy lecithin, artificial flavor), peanuts, corn syrup, sugar, skim milk, butter, milkfat, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, lactose, salt, egg whites and artificial flavor.

Me crying over cows in cramped spaces.... or me gnoshing on a snickers bar?....um...snickers wins. totally.

So your reason for goin veg surely cant be because of animal cruelty right? You know animal products are used in alot of other things then just steaks. Shampoo, Jello, Salt, Masking tape, shoes, among many other things. To use the whole " animals are treated bad " crap you really need to go all out vegan and cut all that animal poison from your life. Anyone read the Stanford study that came out last week about veggie kids doing worse in school and being malnourished?

I still wear leather and eat dairy and eggs. I stopped eating meat because I was raised mostly vegetarian...when I was eating meat regularly (from my teens till early 20s) I felt like shit all the time. So I cut meat out and started feeling better almost immediately.

I'm not saying it's for everyone, and I don't tell people what they should and shouldn't eat. I also don't believe every study that's implicitly pro-vegetarian or disregard every study that says that vegetarian diets are bad for you. (Actually, I don't really pay attention to studies...lies, damn lies, and statistics.) I definitely have a problem with militant vegans who wave pictures of vivisection and factory farming practices around to shame and shock people....that shit is uncalled for.

I'll be honest. I'm vegetarian and I get plenty of exercise, but on account of other factors (mainly drinking and stress) I'm still overweight and not that healthy...my guess is that it's because my life is out of balance right now. Anyone who claims to have some magic bullet (diet, activity, supplement) that will make all your problems go away is probably lying to you.

Being a vegetarian is superficial and douchey, and if thats who you are, own that shit...

Most people I know who went vegetarian did it for one reason or another. The most popular being the ones discussed already, but one that stuck out in my mind goes like this.

- "There's nothing wrong with being concerned with what you put in your body" -

This statement is true. There is nothing wrong with worrying about what you put in your body.

PEOPLE ARE CREATURES OF EXCESS. proof? GAMBLING, SEX, DRUGS, FOOD, CLOTHES, CARS, MONEY..... can u get enough of any of those? didn't think so.

The people I know who used the above excuse as a reason to be a vegetarian, all they were really trying to say is that they're weak minded over indulgent pussys. Nobody says you have to eat meat in every meal... or even tells you what kind of meat you have to eat each day. Meat is delicious, and I enjoy it. Just like anything, meat can be bad in excess... but that's no reason to write it off as the reason your feeling bad or gaining weight. It's your poor ass living habits that dictate how fat your ass gets and how depressed you get about your fat ass.

And as for animal cruelty... fuck you. Animals are cruel to each other. They eat each other if they have to, even eat their young.... but since we keep the desirable animals as pets and the undesirables as food, YOU HAVE NO LEG TO STAND ON YOU HYPOCRITE DOUCHE BAG FUCKING PANSY ASS.

Vegetarians are fucking trendy faggots.

Being a vegetarian is superficial and douchey...

Vegetarians are fucking trendy faggots.

I was raised vegetarian, and I'm pretty sure I've been alive longer than you. No trends here.

I tried eating meat off and on for seven years (15 till 22) and from 21 till 22 I was clean and sober, eating right and skateboarding at least four hours a day. I did have a shitty job and a somewhat stressful home life but I was doing everything I could to live a clean life and I still felt like crap. Then I took meat out of the picture after switching jobs, and within a couple weeks I had more energy and wasn't getting sick and constantly dealing with constipation or stomach problems anymore.

All I know is that it worked for me. I tell people what my experiences were and then tell them they can take whatever they want from that.

I do agree that people who do what someone else is doing due to peer pressure or cool points or what have you are lame. Then again, people do good things for the wrong reasons all the time. That's what people do. But in a way, they're doing you a favor by being highly visible. They're the ones who try too hard to fit in with whatever scene or clique they're trying to identify with....as in, anyone who announces to me that they are "vegan" without any prompting on my part (i.e., I'm cooking or ordering food) gets put into a certain category along with other people I don't have much time for (feminists, PC idiots, the ferociously gay, etc.).

bigego.jpg.713953f342d197edea1ad446ea55fa5c.jpg

Dedicated omnivore here, as always.

I have nothing against going vegetarian.

I like to hear people's reasons though. Some reasons are suspect to me.

The one that puzzles me the most is when somebody gives up meat for health reasons, but smokes Marlboros and drinks to extinction every weekend and some weekdays.

Complex, I've thought about it. I've eaten only fish and poultry for about 4 years which was really easy for me. I could probably cut those out too but I'm not at a point where I want to yet.

your about as far off from a vegetarian as loch ness is from reality

I was raised vegetarian, and I'm pretty sure I've been alive longer than you. No trends here.

I tried eating meat off and on for seven years (15 till 22) and from 21 till 22 I was clean and sober, eating right and skateboarding at least four hours a day. I did have a shitty job and a somewhat stressful home life but I was doing everything I could to live a clean life and I still felt like crap. Then I took meat out of the picture after switching jobs, and within a couple weeks I had more energy and wasn't getting sick and constantly dealing with constipation or stomach problems anymore.

All I know is that it worked for me. I tell people what my experiences were and then tell them they can take whatever they want from that.

I do agree that people who do what someone else is doing due to peer pressure or cool points or what have you are lame. Then again, people do good things for the wrong reasons all the time. That's what people do. But in a way, they're doing you a favor by being highly visible. They're the ones who try too hard to fit in with whatever scene or clique they're trying to identify with....as in, anyone who announces to me that they are "vegan" without any prompting on my part (i.e., I'm cooking or ordering food) gets put into a certain category along with other people I don't have much time for (feminists, PC idiots, the ferociously gay, etc.).

FORGOT TO MENTION:

my last rant wasnt aimed at you Shai, it looked that way tho. i dont consider you a trendy douchebag pansy ass... u alright. u just eat funny.

Here's my 2 cents...

I haven't eaten meat in 8 years (since I was 17, I'm 25 now). For the past 9 months I've been eating vegan. I'm an extremely active guy; I'm a muay thai fighter, I skateboard, lift weights, all that good stuff. These past 9 months that I've been eating vegan, I've put on more muscle than I ever did when I used to consume whey protein and egg whites. I don't eat any fake meat type shit, only good clean whole foods. I know exactly what my macronutrient intake is (190g of protein, 350g of carbs, 90g of fat) and adjust it accordingly if I'm trying to bulk up or lose weight. I don't ever tell people that I eat vegan. I don't even call myself a "vegan", it's just how I eat.

Right now at the age of 25, I'm the healthiest I've ever been. The last time I had the flu was back when I was 17 and ate meat. I don't ever get sick, and if I feel a cold coming on, I'm able to adjust my diet to boost my immune system. You gotta realize your body is a vehicle and what you put into it affects how your body will operate. I don't ever push my beliefs on people, but right now eating vegan is what is optimal for my health, and that's one thing I will never fuck around with.

Also, as far as food costs on a non-meat diet....

Buy in bulk! Prepare all your meals! My grocery bill is the cheapest it's ever been since I made the switch to eating vegan. You gotta be a smart shopper as well. And remember, you can't put a price on your health.

Here's some vegetarians and vegans that'll fuck you up...

Nick and Nate Diaz

ab325_nate-diaz-and-nick-diaz.jpg

Mac Danzig

danzig.jpg

Jake Shields

pauldaley_jake-win.jpg

George Laraque

habs04.JPG

Be healthy.