What you know about GMO's

itsallafarce

What I said earlier is my (somewhat) logical take on the issue. Here's my gut feeling, though.

George Carlin is right. We are all fucked. Humans fuck like rabbits and over time the population will expotentially increase out of proportion to what the planet is capable of sustaining. Therefore, in 40 years or so we are going to be inhabiting a great big smoking ball of shit. Not because our best and brightest don't have the potential to anticipate the worst outcome and figure out ways to circumvent and deflect it, but because everyone has seen reruns of "The Jeffersons" and wants their own great big apartment in the sky and everything that comes with it. Read "Make Room, Make Room!" by Ben Bova or watch "Soylent Green".

My take is that in the meantime, it might be a good idea to assume that there might be an after life and/or that karma does exist, so we shouldn't be assholes in the name of "the greater good" or "science" or "progress". Even though we're fucked, we should at least make an effort to do the right thing once in a while, in much the same way that the vitamin A enriched rice helped people out but wasn't simply profit driven.

And again, fuck Monsanto (AKA the makers and marketers of aspartame, which was originally developed as an anti-ulcer drug) and DuPont (AKA the makers of napalm).

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
I don't make threads very often but, I have a class debate on genetically modified organisms on Wednesday. I have already done some research and so has my team (it's a group thing) on some of the pros and cons of the use of GMO's. I'm just looking to see if anyone has any info that they would like to share all opinions are cool. Since I know that to have a good debate you need to know the good bad and the ugly of the topic so your opponent can't son you. Oh and if you're wanting to know I happen to be fittingly enough on the side that's against it. Any help is appreciated through propsiz.

ok so obviously it is waaaaaay past your class debate but whatever.

ok so im just gonna throw this out there and my thoughts on gmo's are mostly a reflection of nssm:200

this is a memo written by henry kissinger that says that growing world population is a threat to the united states. as such the united states should respond by controlling the worlds population through warfare, forced sterilizations, spreading disease, and some other things that i cannot remember off hand.

BUT one of them was through food.

such as the food we send to other countries being rancid. ie Haiti(stereotypical example but come on we sent them like 15 year old beef)

sanctions ie Iraq and killing half a million CHILDREN

i know these policies were yielded much later than when the document was drafted. which was during the nixon administration but adopted by ford as official us policy. however to my knowledge and simple observance of continued foreign policy i doubt it has been rescinded.

so anyways. a lot of people in politics also subscribe to kissingers way of thinking. the depopulation of unwanted or deemed unuseful members of society is the key.

so this is where i come to....

i pretty much think gmo and all that shit is just to make us sick, more vulnerable to disease, sterilize us, pretty much kill us off.

which you cannot really control it so i kind of had to stop thinking about it so much and move the fuck on. kind of take the attitude that the government is trying to destroy me so im gonna destroy as much government shit as possible.

whatever.

it sucks because its what you eat. which i love to eat. food is fucking awesome. but the same companies that genetically modify shit are so powerful they are partially owned by elected officials and they also own shares in all that "healthy" shit to.

were all gonna die anyways.

well i tried to find links for some of this stuff and my browser just went ape shit. whatever. this window stayed cool. so google it yourself. but it takes a lot of research. i am a complete conspiracy theorist when it comes to global genocide through food. which i think there is a lot of reason to support this. sorry to reference google but i mean....there are books about it but really this is something i was obsessed with for a solid minute so its kind of hard to give you one source. if youre really intrigued anyways just pm me.