Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rushawn wuan

RENO HEADS

me and Hatuey will be there for this thang on saturday trying to tkae heads off.

Club Cal Neva in Reno is planning what they bill as the "nation's largest food fight:" La Tomatina in Reno.

Advertisement

An estimated 3,000 to 5,000 people are expected to be in the City Plaza at 10 N. Virginia St. at 6 p.m. Aug. 29 to get drenched in tomato juice in the country's biggest tomato fight.

"It's an offshoot of an event in Bunol, Spain," said Dennis O'Brien, special events director at the Club Cal Neva. "We've been getting a little out there with some of our special events, like the Jello wrestling, which went over very well.

"We're trying to draw a new crowd to supplement our usual crowd and trying to come up with larger signature events."

They came across the Bunol, Spain tomato fight watching a video on the Web site You Tube during the city's Tomato Festival.

Admission to the tomato fight is a minimum $10 donation to benefit the American Cancer Society.

The event will begin at 1 p.m. with street vendors on Virginia Street between First and Second streets offering food and beverages. There will be live street acts performing and shopping for gifts and novelties from various local vendors will be available. Food and merchandise vendors will also be on the City Plaza venue where live bands and other entertainment will be showcased.

The day will climax at 6 p.m. when roughly five tons of tomatoes will spill onto the City Plaza and thousands will scramble to pick up their ammunition for the food fight.

"There's a good chance some stuff is gonna get stained," O'Brien said.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20090730/NEIGHBORHOODS06/907300314/1247/neighborhoods

holla!

;)

awesome i expect to see flicks suki and milks succulent breasts covered and dripping in tomatoes and sauce.

also disapointed the jello wrestling wasnt included in either of their day in pies.

thats cool that the donations are for the american cancer society.

bring goggles and earplugs though.

tomatoes in the eyes and ears would suck!

im going to take my paintball mask just in case. also i will have a backpack to fill up with tomatoes. want to take my video camera but im not sure yet.

hoLLER

*it's me milk grenades cause 88 doesn't say gay things like i do.

you can throw tomatoes at people like the hunchback..

what fun

mg

do you think they use tomatoes that are about to not be eatable? just curious about the food waste, not that tomatoes can stop world hunger, just sayin lol. its early kbai.

^^i might be going to that if my cousin decides to roll out from l.a.

oh and they use overly ripened tomatoes in spain, to avoid excessive injuries...holla!

For the rib cook-off we should get 10 people together and buy a table at the VIP area.

The Rib Village is a VIP area within the Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-off where you can get UNLIMITED RIBS AND DRINKS for up to 10 people. Tables are $900 each for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday; and $850 each for Wednesday, Thursday, and Monday.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now