Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Weapon X

Is My TV Done?

LCD rear projection.

There is a very red tint and it's all a little fuzzy.

Maybe I just need a new lamp? Does anyone know?

change to a different input (switch to game console or dvd player) if it isn't there anymore do this>

reset the picture. it should be something like settings>picture>reset

if that doesnt work it could be that your polarizing filter is burnt which i believe is a pretty major repair.

also, double check all wiring making sure they are connected properly and are connected to the correct inputs.

and if you have speakers or any other magnetic device within a couple of feet of the set move them away to see if that helps.

• Like 1

everything should be the same. i didn't touch the tv for a couple of days and now everythung is red and fuzzy. Same as on my PS3. I moved the centre channel and RF and LF speakers, to no avail.

Google is giving me no idea as to whether it's the lamp or the polarizing filter.

The bulbs only last about 2 years on LCD rear projection TVs - Time to get them replaced.

With rear projection, you can get giant screens for half as much as flat panels, but the bulb replacement every couple years is what deterred me from purchasing one.

you could always just throw that shit out and get your self one of those pretty samsung LED's

them shits are off the hook.. and use 40% less power than other tvs.

you could always just throw that shit out and get your self one of those pretty samsung LED's

them shits are off the hook.. and use 40% less power than other tvs.

the energy savings alone have got me sold, but those things are expensive and everything costs more in Canada.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now