absolute.despair

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaked Avatar war scene Link[/url]

This movie is about some pissed off Native American-esque aliens getting shafted by the White Man. After conquering the galaxy and keeping the Black Man down the white man moves onto keeping the Blue man down, by stealing his land and throwing trash all over the land just to see the blue man shed a single blue tear drop. The Blue man does fight back with sticks and dinosaurs though. A single white guy also discovers that it doesn't matter the color of your skin, we are all blue on the inside, and he joins the blue man group to help end the oppression of his colored people.

:lol: yup

Just caught this last night with the Indian chick I work with. It was sick, and although it was predictable, it made some pretty good points about various socio-political events but I looked past all that and saw it for what it is - an entertaining movie.

Also saw District 9 a couple of nights ago and that movie was awesome, but didn't the main character in D9 remind you all a little of Murray Hewitt from Flight of the Conchords?

Understandable. But Im used to missing movies from the theater...I just never seemed to make it. Hell the last one I saw was Taken. I used to live 20 mins I just never went. Im the person whos content with watching shit at home. I guess I can grasp the whole effect even if I dont get the the really WOW aspect. Im no hermit but...I dunno. Cant describe it. Maybe its just getting used to working in restaurants at night and being busy on the weekends. I must have only seen a movie in the daytime like twice in my life.

Tis a fact. Last time I was at the movies was ACTUALLY I forgot but it was to see that 3rd Ice Age movie with my girl and her sis. I wanted to see Transformers BUT we had to see Ice Age. Not really that bad of a movie and it was in 3D. Being that I caught the preview for that Christmas movie with jim carry and seeing the preview for that movie in 3D made me really want to see the whole thing. The 3D is getting pretty sick.

Im still watching my Downloaded Avatar DAMNIT!!!

I'd hate it even more if the film was good. I'd pay $$ and then some fat bitch would crowd next to me and eat popcorn loud through the entire film chewing with her mouth open sucking her teeth. Then people I don't know or give a shit about comment on everything loud enough for everyone around them to hear like I want to fucking hear how "she white, if she was black she would have ran" for the billionth time. Fuck a theater.

Well considering I just watched a cam version of it, which wasnt half bad, it was a pretty good movie. Very entertaining and I kinda liked the over the top general persona with the whole thing. VERY POCAHONTAS-esque. I could of gone for all those crazy colors in a theater but I will settle for DvD when the time comes.

And if I could leave my no walkn ass and live happily fly and ridin everything in sight, linkn up haven mental orgies with the land and trees n shit, then go home and have freaky long lanky alien sex with my cat like blue vag ass woman....HELL YEAH I WOULD!! happy ending please.

I saw it in Imax and shit was nuts. I wish I had been rolling when I watched it...I may see it again for this reason

Me and Husk went and saw it rolling, and I was right...it was much better that way haha. The part where they visited the tree of souls (I think that was what it was called) was visually insane.

Only thing is rolling and sitting still don't go too well together, so towards the end I was definitely fidgety

Hated the look of it and kept dissing it and calling it corny, until I saw it.

That shit rocked my world. A real glimpse of the future of cinema.

After seeing the movie, I kept telling my friend that we are about 90% of the way to fully perfect CGI. Like Avatar just completely upped the ante. Shit just jumped up 30% with this one.

VIRTUAL FUCKIN' REALITY.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a really hard time getting out to see this. The IMAX 3D has been sold out every night for weeks in NYC, although it's my fault for checking within an hour of show time.

Definitely agree with the "Dances With Wolves" in space critique. I only caught the 3-D, I now think it's necessary to catch it in 3-D IMAX.