absolute.despair

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CGI and a retardedly huge budget is such a fucking copout. Anyone can make a visually appealing movie when they have pretty much unlimited funds. Sure, it might look cool, but that doesn't mean its a good movie. For what it is, i'm sure its amusing, but i wouldn't spend any money to see it. And...

If I want emotion I'll get it from a human actor thank you very much.

i just saw avatar at IMAX and that shit blew my eyeballs out of my brain stem. anyone who says otherwise is a hater. remember how awesome T2 was back in the day with the liquid metal shit? multiply that times 300 million dollars.

i watch foreign films, i watch indy shit. but if you dont like this spectacle, you dont like movies.

IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE, YOU ARE MISSING OUT ON A DOPE ASS EPIC MOVIE.

NEXT LEVEL HALO 55 GRAPHICS SON. MAGICAL FORESTS FROM ZELDA AND SHIT.

EDIT: SEE THIS SHIT IN 3D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I SAW THIS SHIT SOBER AND IT WAS STILL ONE OF THE MOST VISUALLY STUNNING EXPERIENCES IN MY LIFE OTHER THAN TRIPPING ON SOME GOOOD CID. IT HAS BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE IVE BEEN COMPELLED TO SIT THE FUCK IN MY SEAT AND NOT LOOK AWAY.

AS STATED BEFORE, THIS MOVIE IS BREAKING THE BOUNDARIES S OF WHAT THE FUCK IS POSSIBLE WITH TECHNOLOGY AND FILM.

GO SEE THIS SHIT, DONT BASTARDIZE THE EXPERIENCE BY WATCHING IT ONLINE.

The critics who hated this movie reaffirm my belief that "professional" critics can go shove a stick up their ass. On rotten tomatoes some random bitch gave it a rotten and got slayed after people saw she gave gi joe and transformers 2 a fresh.

go see this movie, try to look beyond the story, there were some serious underlying messages in that film.

It's James fucking Cameron dude. The last time he made a bad movie was never.

I meant that more as a blanket statement on giant budget films in general. To be fair though, i rarely see movies in the theaters, so my opinion on those type of films is probably very skewed compared to most people, as i'm sure Avatar is meant to be a theater experience as opposed to a movie you sit down and watch at home. I'd be willing to watch it in the comfort of my own place though, where i can freely consume drugs and alcohol.

Edit: Also, you know that we both have different views on films. I know you love over the top action movies just like i love stupidly gory, cheesy horrors, so people need to take my opinion with a grain of salt. I still stand by the fact that the CGI in Avatar doesn't look that great in the previews i've seen on TV, but once again, i'm sure its meant to be seen on as large a screen as possible for maximum effect.

I meant that more as a blanket statement on giant budget films in general. To be fair though, i rarely see movies in the theaters, so my opinion on those type of films is probably very skewed compared to most people, as i'm sure Avatar is meant to be a theater experience as opposed to a movie you sit down and watch at home. I'd be willing to watch it in the comfort of my own place though, where i can freely consume drugs and alcohol.

Edit: Also, you know that we both have different views on films. I know you love over the top action movies just like i love stupidly gory, cheesy horrors, so people need to take my opinion with a grain of salt. I still stand by the fact that the CGI in Avatar doesn't look that great in the previews i've seen on TV, but once again, i'm sure its meant to be seen on as large a screen as possible for maximum effect.

Prettttttyyyyyy sure your suppose to watch it with 3d glasses at the cinema. Trust me the CGI was great.

liar.jpg.982e4138bebb57a9d91bf14604005b5c.jpg

Just saw it, and it is definitely one of the best movies I've ever seen.

At first when I saw the trailer, the blue people seemed fucking gay. I went to see it just because of the graphics and special effects which seemed awesome.

After seeing it, I can tell you that the story is way over my expectations, and the graphics are fabulous. It's one of a kind, never seen anything like it before. I will buy it on blu-ray as soon as it comes out for sure.

I strongly recommend it to you all.