absolute.despair

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an important film for a few reasons:

-Aside from top notch green screen acting, this movie will go down historically as the one to first capture ACTUAL human emotion in CG characters. This is lightyears ahead of anything you've ever seen, and an important achievement since the closeup is 90% of filmmaking.

-Obviously americans are going to look at this story as a native american vs pilgrim remake because that's the only historical moment they know of when a corporation wiped out an indigenous people for capitalistic gain. Avatar is more like the original Alien movie, except with aliens you can empathize with. I'm not saying James Cameron's a genius writer, but to give credit where it's due: writing is not easy, and the amount of wordplay in the narrative that works through several levels is worth more than $0.65. This is an instant cult classic like the few other films emersed in some whole fantasy universe: Fifth Element, Bladerunner, Alien, etc.

-Finally the third significant thing to come out of this movie: I'm attracted to blue chicks.

Haters stay home. Everyone else go see it. You'll want to see it again.

Guest 50million
This is an important film for a few reasons:

-Aside from top notch green screen acting, this movie will go down historically as the one to first capture ACTUAL human emotion in CG characters. This is lightyears ahead of anything you've ever seen, and an important achievement since the closeup is 90% of filmmaking.

-Obviously americans are going to look at this story as a native american vs pilgrim remake because that's the only historical moment they know of when a corporation wiped out an indigenous people for capitalistic gain. Avatar is more like the original Alien movie, except with aliens you can empathize with. I'm not saying James Cameron's a genius writer, but to give credit where it's due: writing is not easy, and the amount of wordplay in the narrative that works through several levels is worth more than $0.65. This is an instant cult classic like the few other films emersed in some whole fantasy universe: Fifth Element, Bladerunner, Alien, etc.

-Finally the third significant thing to come out of this movie: I'm attracted to blue chicks.

Haters stay home. Everyone else go see it. You'll want to see it again.

omg that's soooo important.........

This shit looks awful. The first few times i saw the preview for it, i thought it was a video game. Total CGI fuckfest, and the CGI doesn't even look that impressive from what i've seen. Will not see.

THIS

save the CGI orgies for the Michael Bay shootem up blow em up spectacles. If I want emotion I'll get it from a human actor thank you very much.

are we all sure we're on the same page?

i saw it in 3d yesterday

graphics are incredible

i have no idea what you people are talking about saying the CGI looks shit

that's what i'm saying. this movie is epic. just like T2 and Aliens, which these guys hated, too, I'm sure.

Ferngully with balls.

• Like 1

Just saw this in 3D and I'm blown away nh. One of the best movies I've ever seen. Not that the story was anything super special, but the visuals pull you in so good (nh again). SICK SHIT. dont even watch this bootleg, not at all what it's supposed to look like