U.S's Most Over Rate Tourist Spots

R@ndomH3ro

According to Yahoo -

Fisherman's Wharf

San Francisco

It’s very easy to have an enjoyable, fulfilling stay in San Francisco without ever touching foot in this awful place, which has all the appeal of a rundown (and yet somehow very expensive) amusement park. If you are forced to visit, however, I recommend the Musee Mecanique, a wonderfully eerie collection of vintage penny arcade games located at Pier 45.

Petrified Forest National Park

Holbrook, Ariz.

Petrified Forest National Park is located off of Interstate 40 between Holbrook and Navajo. From the north entrance of the park off of Interstate 40, a roughly 25-mile driving route meanders south among a spare expanse of rocks and sand, until you find yourself on Highway 180. Then you drive back up to Interstate 40 and continue on your way, an hour closer to the grave.

Wall Street

New York City

Wall Street could easily be described as a dark, narrow alley full of traffic pylons, heavily armed police officers, harried office workers and lots of tourists taking pictures of a street sign. Federal Hall, where Washington gave his inaugural address, consists of a mostly empty rotunda with a few exhibits, and the New York Stock Exchange is strictly off-limits these days.

Plymouth Rock

Plymouth, Mass.

Plymouth Rock sits inside a Greek Temple-like structure along a pleasant promenade in Plymouth Harbor, Mass. The rock is gray and worn, and roughly the size of a car engine, with the year 1620 stamped across its side. It marks the precise spot where William Bradford and the Mayflower pilgrims set foot in the New World, except for the fact that this actually happened in Provincetown.

The Alamo

San Antonio, Texas

The Alamo, otherwise known as Mission San Antonio de Valero, sits on roughly four acres in downtown San Antonio, a short distance from the River Walk. Much of the original structure is no more, and what remains are a few small stone buildings and some neatly trimmed lawns. The audio tour concludes in an exceedingly well-provisioned gift shop.

Hollywood

Los Angeles

Enjoy a concert at the Hollywood Bowl, watch the sunset from the Griffith Observatory, or take a stroll in Runyon Canyon Park. But don’t go looking for “Hollywood,” because you’re liable to wind up on the Walk of Fame being harassed by a Charlie Chaplin impersonator.

Bourbon Street

New Orleans

Everyone should make an effort to visit New Orleans, and the romance of the French Quarter is still alive and well in places such as Jackson Square and Decatur Street. But for the sake of your dignity, avoid Bourbon Street if you can. All the charming cast-iron balconies in the world can’t save this stretch of sadness.

RMS Queen Mary

Long Beach, Calif.

What do you get when you cross a Ramada Inn with a rusty old ship? The RMS Queen Mary, the once-proud jewel of the Cunard Line, which now lies permanently docked in Long Beach as a hotel, convention center and floating haunted house (paranormal tours are available). They should have given poor old Mary an honorable burial at sea.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

What is overrated about fishermans wharf is Pier 39

Fuck that place

I dont understand how people come from all over the world and the first thing they want to see is that place

Theres nothing there

There used to be a dope arcade place there but its been sized down considerably

All the shops there are over priced

The restaurants are terrible, over priced, and you always have a long wait

What Theo said. Shit is mad retarded. If you want interesting on Hollywood Blvd.. be there after 2am on the weekends and watch the stupidity ensue.

That's where you'll find me, laughing at all the frosty tipped Armenian guidos and processed blondes.

Fisherman's Wharf is easy. When people come to visit SF and ask me what to do, I tell them to blow at least one afternoon there and get it out of their system. No one really likes it, but it's just one of those things you have to do when you're here.

Then I take them to the TL, we get some wine and crack, and I see if I can get them fucked up enough to catch dome off a tranny.

What is overrated about fishermans wharf is Pier 39

Fuck that place

I dont understand how people come from all over the world and the first thing they want to see is that place

Theres nothing there

There used to be a dope arcade place there but its been sized down considerably

All the shops there are over priced

The restaurants are terrible, over priced, and you always have a long wait

that arcade place was soooooo sick.. i already hated the hard rock cafe, but since they moved in to that spot i consider us enemies for life. i dont get it either, that place was always poppin. had to be making plenty of money, guess the lease must have just ran out. but this becomes just another reason i really miss the 90's.

i saw this the other day.

ive been to 5 of them.

fishermans wharf

petrified forest

hollywood

queen mary

the alamo (missed out on the basement though.)

At this time, I'd like

to conclude our tour.

You all have been one of the greatest

groups I have ever worked with.

Are there any questions?

Where's the basement?

Aren't we going to see the basement?

\

There's no basement at the Alamo.

Pee-wee, I'm on my way to Paris.

Andy and I had a fight after you left.

You were right, Pee-wee.