What's happening Los Angeles?

Harvey Wallbanger

Through a complicated series of events, I found myself unexpectedly boarding a plane to LA at six thirty this morning. I'm already done with what I needed to do, and have until midnight until any of my people are around. I have no car, just a skateboard, my camera, and a belly full of percocet. Any suggestions for something worth seeing/ doing this afternoon? I'm mainly interested in record stores, galleries, some good graffiti, and sarcastic answers that direct me to the hood.

Oh, and I'm right by Sunset and Vine. I know this is a driving city, but there's gotto be something cool to do around here. Does this subway go anywhere? I'm at a loss 'cuz I usually have a host when I'm in town, and I don't drive.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Through a complicated series of events, I found myself unexpectedly boarding a plane to LA at six thirty this morning. I'm already done with what I needed to do, and have until midnight until any of my people are around. I have no car, just a skateboard, my camera, and a belly full of percocet. Any suggestions for something worth seeing/ doing this afternoon? I'm mainly interested in record stores, galleries, some good graffiti, and sarcastic answers that direct me to the hood.

Oh, and I'm right by Sunset and Vine. I know this is a driving city, but there's gotto be something cool to do around here. Does this subway go anywhere? I'm at a loss 'cuz I usually have a host when I'm in town, and I don't drive.

That subway station at Vine & Hollywood goes to Downtown. Or to the valley.

In your immediate vicinity is: Roscoe's Chicken N Waffles, Hollywood Blvd, further west is Sunset Strip. You might wanna take the bus south to Melrose and roam around the area between Fairfax & La Brea along Melrose, particularily the alleys running behind the shops. Lots of dance n graff going on I heard.

also not sure but take the bus into downtown. check out the latest crewest exhibit, i believe it's a skateboard one.

the upper playground/last laugh LA/mr cartoon shop is around the block.

various art galleries in vicinity plus dance and graff around the area.

Come to Mindshare tonight... open bar, free food, badass interactive art, and rad guest speakers (including topless women speaking about toplessness).

http://www.mindshare.la/events.html

It's expensive though ($40), and I already filled my guest spots, but if you're down for something enlightening, its hard to beat. The venue is downtown.

Come to Mindshare tonight... open bar, free food, badass interactive art, and rad guest speakers (including topless women speaking about toplessness).

http://www.mindshare.la/events.html

It's expensive though ($40), and I already filled my guest spots, but if you're down for something enlightening, its hard to beat. The venue is downtown.

Wait wait wait.... El Mamerro you are in Los Angeles?

Dude, you have to hit me up.

Guess who...

:)

• Like 1

If you're in Hollywood... Go to Gower and keep going south. MSK runs those walls.

Take the Redline into downtown and follow the numbered streets up to head into the hood.

Or just generally roam around that bitch.

Oh wait.. Shit the day is pretty much over..

If you're still around the next few days.. Get a day pass to run around if you still have no car. Shit works wonders.

good question, they should pay some homeless folk to keep the place swept up a little bit, i've been to a couple skate parks where they had deals like that set up with local homeless people. dudes would come in at the end of the night and clean the place up and they'd hook them up with food and some money.

but now that i think about it those were more privately owned parks, not so much a city park.

That looks bigger than Temecula. The big question is, how are they going to keep the sand out of the bowls?

maintenance douches with leaf blowers once or twice a week same as any other park. shitty thing is, being that it's LA, the helmet patrols will be retarded and it'll be buzzkill central