Man arrested for yawning in court...

Tails0nE

dunno if this hasnt been posted yet or not...

JOLIET, Ill. - Drowsy spectators in one suburban Chicago courtroom might want to stifle their yawns from now on. Clifton Williams, 33, of Richton Park, is facing six months in jail for making what court documents call a yawn-like sound in Will County Judge Daniel Rozak's court last month. The yawn happened as Williams' cousin, Jason Mayfield, was being sentenced for a drug charge on July 23.

Rozak found Williams in contempt of court and sentenced him to six months in jail. However, Rozak could free Williams after a status hearing Thursday, if Williams apologizes and the judge accepts. By then, Williams will have served 21 days.

Witnesses disagree about whether Williams' yawn was out of line.

Charles Pelkie, spokesman for the Will County state's attorney's office, said the prosecutor in the courtroom at the time told him that what came out of Williams' mouth could hardly be called a "yawn."

"This was a very loud, boisterous, deliberate attempt on the part of this individual to disrupt the proceedings and show disrespect to the court," Pelkie said. "It was not a guy who involuntarily yawned. This guy was making a statement - a very loud statement - in court."

Mayfield disagreed, saying it was "not an outrageous yawn." Williams has written his family to say that he can't believe he's in jail "for nothing."

A message left for Rozak Tuesday was not immediately returned.

Six months is the maximum sentence judges can give for criminal contempt without a jury trial.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_odd_jailed_for_yawning

3 weeks locked up for yawning in court....

discuss....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
If he was black....i'm somehow okay with it.

ok i had the same thought, so maybe i'm racist. but i seen Chicago and court in the same block of text and thought, some woogie boogie niggah tried to make the judge look like a dummy.

i'd be surprised if he was white. white people know better, plus we know the secret hand shake that keeps us out of butt rape prison.

edit: nope, it was the name Clifton. dead giveaway. he black.

• Like 1

i've yawned in court quite a few times... its 830 in the morning and im getting up against my will.

i've seen people do far worse and not even get talked to, fat ass white trash drunks having full on coversations about getting hammered and blowing OCs and shit like they were chillin at the bar, didnt get spoken to.

no... it was juvenile court. the rules are different, they are alot stricter when it comes to kids because i guess they are worried about kids beating eachother up. when witnesses go up on the stand everyone is supposed to leave except for the lawyers and "jury". but they dont really follow that rule, but if your lawyer is half decent he can use that to get the case thrown out.

i've yawned in court quite a few times... its 830 in the morning and im getting up against my will.

i've seen people do far worse and not even get talked to, fat ass white trash drunks having full on coversations about getting hammered and blowing OCs and shit like they were chillin at the bar, didnt get spoken to.

^This.

I'm gonna spend all of tomorrows props negahammering the majority of this thread.