South Florida (A New Dawn)

World Famous, When did Demo push 7UP? I never knew he got down with them.

Best post yet.

demo was actually dek's tag at one point...so thats dek 7up aka demo 7up.(edit)and for the record,skem and i did that born to burn part 2 as a tribute to the

masters who dominated this craft early on.it was meant to be a respectful nod to 7UP and BTB.but i was never in 7UP.i am in TVC and BSK and im cool with alot of the poets.just wanted

to set the record straight and avoid miseducation and folly.btw DEK is the fuking man!!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing people fail to see + to grasp is..

EVERYTHING EVOLVES!!!!

yes respect to all the old-school heads/graff, but come on now, we cant be rocking the same burners since 1990 (even-though i wasn't in the scene during that time). Everyones got a different style. We have the advantage to buy whatever color on the spectrum we please now, when back then there was pretty much only a primary color selection, so yeah, people are gunna go balls to the wall and do crazy shit.

I can agree on bigger writers having ego's and that's why a lot of new writers don't learn, or take a little longer. But I also see these new cats think just because they can pick up a can and scribble shit on the wall, there dick is big + are certified writers.

• Like 1

I dont have a problem with the new colors people use but using all those colors to try to hide the fact a person has no lettering skills whatsoever but then go around acting like they are the shit is funny

I saw some kids from 89 crew whatever that is go around the pennant then went to the other side and completly go over a peice that was not toyed or anything and wasnt even better than the crap they went over... they was in and out quick no respect .. I dont toy anyones shit so if i went over you your shit was toyed but some sort of respect is needed... then when people get stomped on they go around talking crap...

Graff was grittier in the eighties, there wasn't much distinction or separation between the crews, and gangs. Miami was so caught up in the Folk vs. People thing that it made writing a bit more dangerous. Every crew was somewhat tied into a gang back then which made the risk of catching a beating for just being a writer very real, people weren't really looking to add any unnecessary increased risk. It was good that it was self policed, and toys generally got beat down. With that said, I think that ignorant bullshit nearly killed the scene. I think Miami's shit is booming right now, and petty beef will only kill it. I'm not saying to hold hands and sing Kumbaya, but keep the vibe positive.

One thing people fail to see + to grasp is..

EVERYTHING EVOLVES!!!!

yes respect to all the old-school heads/graff, but come on now, we cant be rocking the same burners since 1990 (even-though i wasn't in the scene during that time). Everyones got a different style. We have the advantage to buy whatever color on the spectrum we please now, when back then there was pretty much only a primary color selection, so yeah, people are gunna go balls to the wall and do crazy shit.

I can agree on bigger writers having ego's and that's why a lot of new writers don't learn, or take a little longer. But I also see these new cats think just because they can pick up a can and scribble shit on the wall, there dick is big + are certified writers.

u are absolutely correct when it comes down to having different styles ,but come on seriouly i dont consider at this point that any of the new cats have come out with a certain style that they can consider there own ,all ive seen is that theyve dragged a style from the westcoast and have tried to make it there own style ... which in the end of the day i dont consider that coming up with your own style its considerd (!!!!!BITEING!!!!!)................... much love to all the cats that have kept it real !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

(graff045.jpg

graff065.jpg

graff055.jpg

graff059.jpg

-I feel everytime we paint and reflect on our work, we witness our own flaws. So the next time we paint we go harder (no homo)... to eventually become ''the superwriter'' which we all inspire to be. However we do feel the need to be noticed on a different approach to what is percieved as graffiti.(and I totally agree with the flow wrld fmous brght up).

-I can see how those flicks represent your upbringings into graffiti and sentimentally mean more to older writers than to us younger writers. I grew up in the 90s and you the 80s, soo seeing a Crome, Atomik, Revrs, Pest, Vane, Quake basically a tsc msg dd flick to me holds alot more value than seeing an 80s flick. Its all relative...yet still appreciated.

-Lastly, we are all degenerates at heart with a need to seen. Born and raised in Miami and now living in LA, has made me realize that we are farrr behind these dudes in LA in the graff game right now. Stylistically, individually, and the amount of volume each writer puts in is noticabely better.:cool: But thats just another thread war no one will ever win.

can u go fuk ur self faggot.. im trying to post pictures in peace an theres always sum toy talkin down..

u wouldnt say any of that fuk boy shit to my face..

akays spray in the county of dade!

West Miami THUGS

some toy? you better check yourself fool... im simply saying post all your pics in ONE post.. rather than one post per pic!

4466551952_2373f7e795_b.jpg