What's the fucking point?

I agree that the Bush-Cheney doctrine on how to handle terrorists was wrong. That said, historically, the US has given trials to terrorists. Those 8 years were a fluke in which madmen were running the country.

And BTW, in Guantanamo, they do have lawyers and they are facing military tribunals, with the right to defend themselves. You talk about the human rights of terrorists, but what about the human rights of the victims these terrorists disregarded?

Alot of people in Scotland/Britain think dude was framed just to have somebody for the US to point the finger at.

I'm wiling to bet that that had alot to do with him being let go.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he was released because he is basically going to die very shortly through illness

A lot of people (as DAO stated) think that he was framed for the US to have someone to blame.

Personally I don't agree with people being released on compassionate grounds, if you did the crime and you were given life then you deserve to rot and die in Jail, but cases like these always have underlying diplomatic reasons as well and maybe they have done it to help improve relations between the UK and Libya, not like there are many countries in that region of the world that have anything favourable to say about the UK (or US for that matter) so doing something to improve that is probably the main reason

he was released because he is basically going to die very shortly through illness

A lot of people (as DAO stated) think that he was framed for the US to have someone to blame.

Personally I don't agree with people being released on compassionate grounds, if you did the crime and you were given life then you deserve to rot and die in Jail, but cases like these always have underlying diplomatic reasons as well and maybe they have done it to help improve relations between the UK and Libya, not like there are many countries in that region of the world that have anything favourable to say about the UK (or US for that matter) so doing something to improve that is probably the main reason

I think you guys are right... from what I read, there didn't really seem to be compelling evidence that he did do the bombings. There seemed to be circumstantial evidence that pointed to Libya but that was it. And in 2003, Libya did admit responsibility. Who knows.

i came in here and at first was pissing myself at homeboys face holes. and then it got all "i hate england", and now we're talking poltical standpoints and dicussing the ethics and merrits of terrorists actions against their punishments.

what the fuck?!

teh oontz knows how to go off on tangents, haha.