I didn't grow up with this internet shit.

i didn't grow up with the internet but it ain't that hard to figure out. i use firefox with the fasterfox plug in and lavafox to snaz it up a bit.

there is no U in color because way back when the founding fathers of the united states were trying to separate themselves from the tyranny of england they entrusted noah webster to make a dictionary and he attempted to further distance americans from the english by altering the spelling thus creating american english or some shit like that.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is no U in color because way back when the founding fathers of the united states were trying to separate themselves from the tyranny of england they entrusted noah webster to make a dictionary and he attempted to further distance americans from the english by altering the spelling thus creating american english or some shit like that.

I don't know if you're for real or just trying to be funny.

But I've been in graveyards from that time period where actual revolutionary war soldiers are buried, and apparently they had a different alphabet back then.

If I remember right, U's didn't even exist. Either that or V's and U's were written the exact same way because u's were substituted with v's on their tomb stones.

never used chrome or opera. never had a problem with firefox though, so i'm none the wiser.

that shit about noah webster being responsible for americanizing the english language is true. i'm sure i butchered the details there but he is directly responsible for no U in color.

Way off what?

If you're talking about the tomb stones in the cemeteries that I just talked about, I seen them with my own eyes.

You can too if you ever go to Philly.

You calling me a liar?

im not calling you stupid, im calling you unable to discern the obvious.

there were U's when america was founded, and they were rounded (rap battle)

the reason why they werent that way on tombstones is because they didn't have machines to cut out a round letter.

the end.

• Like 1

I don't know if you're for real or just trying to be funny.

But I've been in graveyards from that time period where actual revolutionary war soldiers are buried, and apparently they had a different alphabet back then.

If I remember right, U's didn't even exist. Either that or V's and U's were written the exact same way because u's were substituted with v's on their tomb stones.

That was way earlier than the Revolutionary War. The V - U thing is from Latin way back during the Roman Empire. If you're talking about the tombstones, they did that as a means of tradition, but it wasn't the common font used during that time. My junior high and high school signs out front used "v's" instead of "u's" for the same reason -- tradition.

im not calling you stupid, im calling you unable to discern the obvious.

the reason why they werent that way on tombstones is because they didn't have machines to cut out a round letter.

I'm fully capable of discerning the obvious.

And I've obviously seen what the fuck I'm talking about, and you obviously live on the other side of the country which wasn't even inhabited by white people during the time period that I'm talking about.

Therefore you've probably never even set foot in a cemetery from that time period.

So the obvious (to be discerned) is that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

the reason why they werent that way on tombstones is because they didn't have machines to cut out a round

Yet somehow they had no problem chiseling out the other letters that were round. :dunce:

During the late Middle Ages' date=' two forms of "v" developed, which were both used for modern [i']u[/i] and v. The pointed form "v" was written at the beginning of a word, while a rounded form "u" was used in the middle or end, regardless of sound. So whereas valor and excuse appeared as in modern printing, "have" and "upon" were printed haue and vpon. The first distinction between the letters "u" and "v" is recorded in a Gothic alphabet from 1386, where "v" preceded "u". By the mid-1500s, the "v" form was used to represent the consonant and "u" the vowel sound, giving us the modern letter "u". Capital "U" was not accepted as a distinct letter until many years later.

America was found in 1492. The first colony, Virginia, was founded in 1607. The revolutionary war was fought in 1775-1783. I think its safe to say that by then even the capital "U" was accepted. Clearly, the gravestones you are referring to have "v" instead of "u" for a different reason.

I'm fully capable of discerning the obvious.

And I've obviously seen what the fuck I'm talking about, and you obviously live on the other side of the country which wasn't even inhabited by white people during the time period that I'm talking about.

Therefore you've probably never even set foot in a cemetery from that time period.

So the obvious (to be discerned) is that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Yet somehow they had no problem chiseling out the other letters that were round. :dunce:

i live on the other side of the country so i dont know what im talking about?

i guess i was wrong about the unable to chisel out round letters but i am certainly not wrong about the u existing.

and just because i am from the other side of the us doesnt mean i havent been out that way. some people travel.

dao. are you for real? you are wwaaayyy off time wise.

Way off what?

If you're talking about the tomb stones in the cemeteries that I just talked about, I seen them with my own eyes.

You can too if you ever go to Philly.

the end.

i guess i was wrong about the unable to chisel out round letters

You-Lose-I_win.jpg