Come ups: Flipping money and the hustle

lord_casek

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I grew up in a working class household. When I was a teenager I began doing odd jobs for rich folks. I remember going to grab a tool from a particularly wealthy individuals garage and noticing that the had all this cheap orange juice they had purchased from costco. I stood there thinking that with a live in maid and nanny that they would be drinking fresh squeezed.

Money management is key, rich folks do not amass funds by spending them. Another thing that took me a long time to figure out is that there is no such thing as a insignificant amount of money, it all matters.

Move quickly but no runnin shh I think I hear somebody comin, hear the front door key and I flee out the back with a fistful of jewelery. Up the wall, don't fall wipe my sweat cause that was a close call.

I tried to prop you for that swordfish but apparently I must pass some reputation around.

I remember hearin or seein about some scam

Basically what you would do is rent an auditorium

charge $10 per person and it was supposed to

tell you how to make money. The speaker would

come up to the stage and say "rent and auditorium

and charge $10 per person"

ahaha

Anyways lately i have been looking up all types of

things mainly things to sell and any other ways to

make some money. Cause i dont have a job and

around here isnt to good to find a job...not looking

though doesnt really help, if i find something ill post

it up.

isnt the basic principle of making money "buy low, sell high"??

i mean, when i was 12 there was a vending machine by my house that charged 25 cents for a soda. it was the only one in town. then they banned sodas at my school cus they attracted roaches. so i bought 10 dollars worth of sodas (40 sodas) and stuck them in different "unregistered" lockers and sold them for 1.50 a piece. that made me about 60 bucks (actually just under it, i forgot which locker i put the last couple of sodas in...)

just find something everyone wants, find a cheap supply or a fake supply, buy a little bit, sell them then when you run out take orders for more. build suspense blah blah blah then come back with another little bit. dont over saturate the market, keep your supply a secret.

Did this the other day by accident. Only works in places that have "if you see it cheaper we'll match it" and I guess only works if it's in a big shopping mall.

Buy something from a store for whatever price. Leave the store and walk around for 5 minutes. Go back and ask to return it for a refund. The shop attendant will be like why whats up. Explain that you saw it in the other shop down the road for $50-95 cheaper. They'll match the price without checking anything up. Save yourself $50-95

I did this by accident as I actually did see something I bought for $40 cheaper and I went in to the original store pissed off and asked for a refund. When he asked me how much cheaper it was I threw on the extra 50 just to see if I could away with it. Worked a charm.

• Like 1

There was a time when you could get away with stealing items from stores and returning them for a refund. Those days have past though. Either get in store credit or get told to bring the receipt.

I've only really got ones to save money. Like the get 8 people in the movies for the price of one ticket. Buy 2 tickets and get two people to go in. Get one person to come back out with both stubs and get your mate in using the other stub. Rinse repeat. The final guy goes out and goes to the ticket desk and claims he's sick and wants a refund on the movie. Get your refund then head back in with the extra stub.

I used to sneak into movies when young and just go around asking for peoples stubs so i could get the refunds from them.

Stuffing change slots is another trick I used to do. Stuff a change slot with a mad ammount of newspaper out of arms reach so people cant see why there change isn't coming out. Wait on it for a day or two and come back with a coathanger to claw out the newspaper and you'll get around $20-$30 at a time. Downfall it's in poo change though. Used to have a system where we'd have 10 or so train ticket machines on the line blocked up and we'd give it a day or two and score around $200. Wasn't bad for afterschool money.

• Like 1

mentally training yourself for a boss-free future is another way to start the money for a good hustle/investment. learn how to fix computers. learn invaluable skills that are used EVERY DAY. look at your surroundings, and see what's most in demand. i live close to over 20 colleges. i fix computers. i don't have to talk to a boss, i don't have to deal with co-workers. what i DO deal with are people who have 1. an excess of money that they can spend at any time and 2. a lack of knowledge in said field. this is the very bottom of the food chain here, but this helps you stack that little bit of cash you need to get yourself going to make the bigger bucks. in 2 or 3 hours i can make 200-300 dollars in some cases, tax free, unclaimed. if you work your ass off, and get the right time of year (i.e. aug/sept, right when all the freshmen who are fucking dumb as rocks move into the dorms and surrounding apartments) and you can make some serious money that you can move onto your next idea.

this helps 100 x better if you're a scumbag with no real cares or wants that wears the same old clothes, and is mainly why street hustlers don't end up with shit in the end. save your money, spend it on essentials and things that will assist in the hustle until 2 or 3 years down the line, you find you have 10-20 grand that is just sitting there and collecting interest in the bank, and can make you 60 grand in return. i mean shit. from the time you get your first 100 bucks, to the time you accumulate that 20 grand, you have a LOT of time to think about what 20 grand can do for you financially besides spend it.

good thread idea, casek. seems to have gone over a lot of heads though.

• Like 1

There was a time when you could get away with stealing items from stores and returning them for a refund. Those days have past though. Either get in store credit or get told to bring the receipt.

I knew someone who did this, and i remember

him tellin me he would buy a couple cases of rusto

then a day later come back with the boxes walk

to the paint isle and fill em with paint and then

return them...and yea he was telling me how hard

it is now and most of the time its only store credit

mentally training yourself for a boss-free future is another way to start the money for a good hustle/investment. learn how to fix computers. learn invaluable skills that are used EVERY DAY. look at your surroundings, and see what's most in demand. i live close to over 20 colleges. i fix computers. i don't have to talk to a boss, i don't have to deal with co-workers. what i DO deal with are people who have 1. an excess of money that they can spend at any time and 2. a lack of knowledge in said field. this is the very bottom of the food chain here, but this helps you stack that little bit of cash you need to get yourself going to make the bigger bucks. in 2 or 3 hours i can make 200-300 dollars in some cases, tax free, unclaimed. if you work your ass off, and get the right time of year (i.e. aug/sept, right when all the freshmen who are fucking dumb as rocks move into the dorms and surrounding apartments) and you can make some serious money that you can move onto your next idea.

This is why I like computers. I also hate computers, but they have made me money and allowed me to survive.

What I'm looking into now is making 1k a day on the side.

Ive actually found some good stuff on craigslist

Brand new kids wagon not even put together $0(looked it up retail $115)

Couple Brand new ink cartridges $0(retail about $45-50)

Canon all in one printer(cant get it to work) new ink cartridges $0

2 Big screen TVs (one is a 65") one turns on then turns off after 10 or so seconds, and the other just needs repairs both $0

Another Canon printer $0 (not sure if it works)

If i knew how to fix electronics i would be eating these offers up

the problem i have with making money is the whole "you need money to make money" issue.

word i feel you...

i know a couple ways to flip money easy

but i cant discuss them on here...

but another way which my sisters man is doin is the whole

"buying cheap and selling high" thing..

they're going to china for a week or so in november and word is

that everything is mad cheap there.. you can get like any pair

jordans or nikes for like a bill tops and they're all real..

hes gonna go with a stack or so and buy alot of shit and toss

me some shoes and clothes to get off myself...

we'll see how that goes...

Do what my dad did, and get a part-time job at a pawn shop. You get the most ridiculous come-ups there...if you know a little bit about a lot of things and what they're worth you can do pretty well.

My hustle was rebuilding bikes and slinging them for twice to five times what I'd invest in them. It was pretty easy then, so nowadays it's even easier.

Do what my dad did, and get a part-time job at a pawn shop. You get the most ridiculous come-ups there...if you know a little bit about a lot of things and what they're worth you can do pretty well.

My hustle was rebuilding bikes and slinging them for twice to five times what I'd invest in them. It was pretty easy then, so nowadays it's even easier.

yea, i was watching a reality TV show about pawn shops and igf they werent on camera i bet they could be making maaaaaaad amounts of profit. beside how much they are getting payed for the show. thats what you need to do, is get a show filmed about you. they are going to be filming a show at my work about my work (it will air on discovery "green" in a while) and i went to all the meetings and if we werent running a non profit we could make insane amounts of money. they basically asked us "how many thousand dollars do you need a month to do what you already do? and go by the tens of thousands, it keeps things simple". we settled for 10,000 per episode, thats not including food, travel and all other stuff. all of which they cover.

im going to try to get atleast an internship at the local bike shop and buy lots of stuff at cost before they get released (they get bikes and components months before they are supposed to put it on the shelf) and sell it online for above retail. thats like 40 percent profit.

Your best bet is to go to Europe or Japan and buy as much bike shit (frames, parts, helmets, kit) as you can afford, ship it back, and flip it here for whatever people will pay for it. That's what I did with a few friends from 1998 till about 2003 and it worked out well, I'd just send them out there with a G and tell them to get me some cool shit. I don't know if it's as easy now as it was then, but if you play your cards right you can double your money without too much hassle plus get a free trip to Europe.