Fixed Gear Queer.

HardyBucks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i live in some hilly ass city, riding a fixed gear seems retarded

YOU NEVER RODE ONE. I KNOW THIS MAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

ON A SIDE NOTE I JUST REBUILT MY TRACK BIKE WITH SPARE JUNK I HAD LAYING AROUND , BECAUSE RIDING MY ROAD BIKE HAS BECOME TOO TEDIOUS. NOW IM RIDING MY BIANCHI 2 BLOCKS AWAY BECAUSE I FORGOT HOW MUCH I GET ALONG WITH THAT BIKE.

It just is, trust me.

How tall are you?

edit- feel free to spend your money on whatever you want, but that looks like a cheap ten speed someone rebuilt into a single speed with some flashy bullshit

(tires, bartape, seat) as a selling point. Which leads me to believe that the seller is trying to cash in your ignorance and sell you something that won't last more than a year and might even be dangerous if it's a bad build, or they got stuck with it and are trying to pass off their problems onto you...either way, it's definitely not worth 375 pounds (I thought you guys were on the euro?) and you should keep looking.

I've worked around enough bikes to know what I'm looking at on sight 99.99% of the time. I wouldn't lie about this. And unless you're between 5'5" and 5'7", it's not even the right size.

See above.

Did the person selling it tell you that the frame is your size? They most definitely lied to you, without a doubt.

A few quick points-

1. Two piece cranks. Garbage.

2. Super raked fork= bottom bracket is too low=you hit your pedals going around turns=Stinkmouse turns into Superman.

3. This is a 58 cm frame, which is what you SHOULD be looking for (it's what I would build for myself and we're about the same height)-

4569e912b1d65.jpg

The bike you're looking at is about a 53-55 cm. Fine for someone who is about 4-6 inches shorter, not so fine for you.

4. Why did he spray paint the headset? My guess is that it was rusty and he didn't want to replace it. And the fact that someone is trying to sell a spray painted bike for that much money...man, that's ballsy.

Just saying, it looks like a scam and swearing up and down that it isn't doesn't change my mind.

12.jpg

This is your best bet out of the bunch and I still wouldn't pay that much for it. $400 US (about 240 pounds) is a little closer to reality.

Honestly, none of these bikes are that great. They all look shady as far as what parts are used and the way they're set up (52/18 gear on a street bike?)...they all remind me of the kind of bikes people build when they first get into single speeds and don't really know what they're doing. My guess is that there's a lot of interest in fixed gears where you are, and no supply....so they're filling a vacuum, but they aren't doing a very good job of it. That's not a horrible thing but it's something you need to be aware of.

That's a good question. I only ride traditional steel bikes, I don't mess around with any of the newer compact/fastback designs. Apparently some companies make their frames in a limited range of sizes...think S, M, L and occasionally XL. Everything size wise is sorted out with stems, spacers, and seatposts. Seems ridiculous to me but if it works, it works.

• Like 1

dont really like the look of that bike shai,

to be honest people would call me gay because im saying i want a bike that looks nice but i think of it like i think of a car i want something that looks cool and handles well.

Heard some pretty good reviews on the site i linked so might be sticking with it.