WELCOME TO SAN FRANCISCO!

Spitfire15

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in every city there are hipsters, tpwf, scene fags, and whatever else genre you can think of. sf is no different

SF is really not that bad or any different from most cities in that respect. You can pretty much avoid the BS social scenes here if you stay out of certain parts of town

these

over here, we call that part of town queen street west

its all good as long as its not a juggalo infestation because hipster girls are at least hot & these "hip" areas (trendy long before the flood of modern hipsters) have been steady crushed for many years

Maybe I'll like SF better if I can't take it for granted.

In my book, hipsters don't really rate as far being a problem here. Or liberals. Or gay people, or any of the other things the rest of the world identifies with SF. Sometimes I feel like the city is slowly losing its soul...the people who moved here to get away from ______________ have done their level best to turn it into what they were trying to escape, and that kills me....people should appreciate the city for what it is and have enough sense/respect to leave it alone instead of cleaning it up and putting a Starbucks on every corner.

Maybe I'll like SF better if I can't take it for granted.

In my book, hipsters don't really rate as far being a problem here. Or liberals. Or gay people, or any of the other things the rest of the world identifies with SF. Sometimes I feel like the city is slowly losing its soul...the people who moved here to get away from ______________ have done their level best to turn it into what they were trying to escape, and that kills me....people should appreciate the city for what it is and have enough sense/respect to leave it alone instead of cleaning it up and putting a Starbucks on every corner.

Same thing with Los Angeles.

I don't like the way this city feels these days.

I went once with my grandma and aunt when I was about 8-9 years old. I remember having to piss, so they told me to go piss in some bar. I walked in and some old guy with just a banana hammock on was dancing on the pool table. I ran out before I could piss and told them what happened and they just laughed at me.

this should just be changed from the welcome to san francisco thread to the "welcome to the mission district" thread. people seriously need to be a bit more versatile and go around town. i'd say san francisco is more of an asian town than anything else. but its got plenty of bros too. idiots from orange county and scottsdale that come straight from college to work in the skyscrapers and go to bars on chestnut street. whatever scene you're looking for you can mostlikely find it in SF. just please dont walk down three blocks and claim that the whole city is that way.

and HP stands for hunters point... you wont find the gays or the hipsters there but they do gotta brand new light rail system to get all the tourists out there. i suggest you check it out

2me8m05.jpg

• Like 1

I believe a more accurate description of SF hipsters would include:

1. Beards

2. Bad hygiene

3. Simple brand eco-friendly shoes

4. Shopping at the Salvation Army and calling it "vintage"

5. Chain smoking vegan

They earn extra hipster points if they moved to New York cause SF is so 2008

I believe a more accurate description of SF hipsters would include:

1. Beards

2. Bad hygiene

3. Simple brand eco-friendly shoes

4. Shopping at the Salvation Army and calling it "vintage"

5. Chain smoking vegan

They earn extra hipster points if they moved to New York cause SF is so 2008

Wow, looks like someone's angry. Let me guess...you flew out to SF to pick up a few feet of cock and managed to get shot down at every single gay bar in the city because you're a superficial idiot. Thanks for visiting, come back soon!

If you had bothered to get out of the Mission or the Haight then you might have seen what else the city had to offer, but apparently that was asking too much.

(BTW, you forgot to add "track bikes" to your list. That would have set your ironic hipster/anti-hipster statement over the top.)

I have never been outwest. I still would like to visit someday. I think people who have just visited rather than actually living there are disillusioned because they did not like Shai said so poignantly, "explore enough". Although I paraphrased that is one aspect I have always maintained in my few but distant travels. You will understand and appreciate the city/country/town you are in more so if you do not visit as a tourist. Perhaps it is a state of mind rather than an actual physical aptitude.