Hayao Miyazaki appreciation and love.

SukiSukiNow

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Hayao Miyazaki is a fucking genius, laputa castle in the sky was my favourite as a kid, this thread has made me wanna watch anime might search around for Princess Mononoke, smoke some and then think about what to do this friday night.

I think i have seen all his movies except the one about the cat bus.

Studio ghibli are always on point.

Nice thread suki.

i like the way Hayao Miyazaki uses the simplistic nature of children to create a sense curiosity and adventure. i really look foward to seeing his new movie. i thought the movie that people say was missing from the list was steam boy but that was made by Katsuhiro Otomo

you cats might like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hggs3nYkEpE

it's a video by Takashi Murakami who i think is a really interesting japanese artist, only because people pay millions for his work and he anit even dead. its an animation to "celebrate" the bags he designed for louis vitton and funilly enough daft punk made the music

I saw Murakami's show at the Brooklyn museum last year. I was really impressed because of the size and detail in his paintings. He has teams of people working for him, so he's more of a factory artist, but still, it was cool.

So nobody has brought up the fact that Disney bought all the rights to Studio Gibli's work. So they have it locked away in their vault and can do whatever they want with it. Any thoughts?

That raccoon one is mad tight. Spirited away was good enough for my girl, not an anime fan, to sit through so you know he's on point. I gotta definitely check this one out.

On a side note, Eureka 7 has probably been my most favorite anime series to date.

September 24th, Eureka 7 the movie is gonna hit select theatres in the U.S. for a special one night showing. Here's a link for the theatre list:

http://www.ncm.com/Fathom/Anime/EurekaSeven.aspx?utm_source=BandaiE7_Homepage&utm_medium=Link_E7&utm_campaign=Eureka_Seven

Never been to one on the big screen, but it should be tight.