9 abortions = performance art????

MayorMeanBeans

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

She won because:

1.We're talking about it, even though we may not like it as a whole. (i.e. Neckface)

By that token, Is Adolf Hitler one of the greatest artists of all time?

I mean, we all talk about him and his "performance art" of killing mad jews and basically destroying Europe.

Being an over the top douchebag doesn't make you an "artist".

And it sure as fuck doesn't make you a winner.

Art can really be anything you want it to be. People need to get over the idea that art is just framed paintings of landscapes and faces. Its so much more than that.

As for the abortions thing...its interesting and attention grabbing. It would be good to find out a bit more about her intentions. Its not my kind of thing, but its her body she is fucking with. Also I understand a fetus is not considered a human being (correct me if wrong), so the legal issues are clear, even though it may not be considered ethical.

You sound like an idiot.

That is ridiculous. Some of you might be cool with abortions and what not. I don't see how you can be after you've ever held a kid in your arms. That picture destroys me a bit, and maybe thats soft, but lets be real, that sucks.

I have absolutely no problem with abortion being legal.

I also have absolutely no problem with somebody bodying this twisted retard who thinks it's "art" to purpously get pregnant mad times just to have mad abortions just cause she thinks it's cute.

clearly this bitch isnt human, what kind of sane fucking person would decide to take drugs and miiscarry 9 times?? fuck it why not make it a round 10 and get kicked in the guts or pushed down some fucking stairs.

ART FAGS

Maybe she was trying for 10, but couldn't get pregnant anymore after what the 9 other abortions did to her uterus.

By that token, Is Adolf Hitler one of the greatest artists of all time?

I mean, we all talk about him and his "performance art" of killing mad jews and basically destroying Europe.

Being an over the top douchebag doesn't make you an "artist".

And it sure as fuck doesn't make you a winner.

I don't think Hitler ever proclaimed himself a performance artist.

You sound like an idiot.

Highly insightful and well presented argument.

Being that there is a constant fight with what is ART and what isnt ART this either way is just plain wrong. Whether youre pro choice or not this has nothing to do with it. People who usually have abortions do it because they dont want the baby and didnt mean to have it. Where as she is making the baby just to kill it. Its an utter disregard for life. She wants to bring attention art and the human body but shes probably just mad and crazy someone has already beaten her to the punch of using dead no names as art ( or at least pieces of them ). Fucking starve yourself in front of people or even do a final acting of performing a jump into concrete but dont fucking deliberately destroy life for your own form of expression. Fucking disgusting.

i cant believe someone can get away with some shit like this.. sterilize that whore, sew her legs together so evertime the dumb bitch shits she has to bath.

fuck retarded ass people, i'd love to make some art out of murder too, but i'd kill m'fers that asked for it, not innocents.. dumb f'n bitch, children aren't disposable feeder fish

oh, it's art, get the fuck out.. i'd hit that bitch in the head with a hammer, and drag her around a parking lot for 12hrs behind a truck, take an aireal photo of her blood stains and say it's for art's sake, shit sounds like the better show to me

I wonder what restaurant that dude works at. It's kinda true, about the service industry people here being "musicians" or "artists." I managed a Mediterranean restaurant in Brooklyn for awhile, and the head waiter was Chris Cornell's brother. He was always trying to get another tour going with his band from Seattle, but seemed stuck in the restaurant grind.

I can't say I ever came across any miscarriage performance artists or the people who love them.

^From your own link.

"But in an interview later Thursday afternoon, Shvarts defended her work and called the University’s statement “ultimately inaccurate.” She reiterated that she engaged in the nine-month process she publicized on Wednesday in a press release that was first reported in the News: repeatedly using a needleless syringe to insert semen into herself, then taking abortifacient herbs at the end of her menstrual cycle to induce bleeding. Thursday evening, in a tour of her art studio, she shared with the News video footage she claimed depicted her attempts at self-induced miscarriages."