9 abortions = performance art????

MayorMeanBeans

a friend of my brothers wrote this shit, and it is fuuuucked up----

http://wherespmac.blogspot.com/2009/08/art-part-i.html

--------------

Thursday, August 06, 2009

Art: Part I

nine+babies.jpg

It's not ideal, but I have a silly restaurant job again. I hate working in the restaurant industry and I would prefer a job where I use my brain and possibly my college degree. But it pays the bills and it was the location for the following story.

I was forcing small talk with my coworker today who is 23 years old and has a lame mustache. He asked me what I do. This is an appropriate question because if you have white skin and work in a restaurant in New York City there is a 99 percent chance you are an "actor" or "musician," using both of those terms loosely. If your skin is not white and you work in a restaurant in NYC there is a 90 percent chance you are an "actor" or "musician" and an 8 percent chance you are working in this country illegally while being paid under the table.

I told him I am not sure what the hell I am doing in life and I guess that's why I am back in this silly industry. He told me he is musician, came to NYC in a band, they broke up, he still plays guitar, etc. He lives with his girlfriend, who is an performance artist. He told me his girlfriend was getting paid to get her performance artist graduate degree from New York University.

"Is she having any luck finding gigs?" I asked.

"No, she's a performance artist, not an actress, she does not do theater," he responded.

"What does she do?"

"For example a performance artist will sit in a museum and starve herself for seven days. That's not what my girlfriend does though. My girlfriend is actually kinda famous."

"Cool. What is something she has actually done?"

"Don't tell anybody in the restaurant this. I don't want people to know. Her last project was having nine abortions." (note: What I wrote above was the extent of our small talk, excluding the standard 'Where are you from?' 'Did you go to school?' I do not have a clue why he felt he could confide his secrets with me.)

"Wow," I said with the same deadpan expression I use whenever anybody says anything that ridiculous. "So you got her pregnant nine times?"

"No this was before we were dating," he calmly replied, acting as if nine abortions were the equivalent of twisting your ankle. "Her senior thesis was that she would get pregnant and then purposely take medicine that would make her miscarry."

"Oh, cool man," I said. Then I decided that was enough for today and I found an excuse to walk away.

I thought about his ridiculous story for a while. I'm not wildly pro-life or pro-choice, but I am pretty sure nine abortions is crossing some line.

I didn't tell anybody at work except for my friend Big Ra, the dishwasher, who happens to be the only person I really talk to at work.

In Arizona all the dishwashers were Mexican and spoke little, if any, English. I understood this as most of them were living in the country illegally and with a heavy communication barrier, washing dishes was the best job many of them could get.

I have no idea why able-bodied, English-speaking African-Americans wash all the dishes in my current restaurant. I keep waiting and hoping for them to make an ass out of me and tell me the entire history of BMW a la Jamal Wallace.

"Nine abortions! I ain't never heard of anything like that. Man that pussy must be tow' tha fuck up," Big Ra said.

"It's gotta be," I responded, withholding my it's-not-your-fault-but-society's-fault-for-raising-you-in-centralized-poverty-with-an-terrible-education-system-that-never-gave-you-a-fair-chance diatribe for yet another day.

I walked out of work thinking that perhaps my abortion-freak-dating co-worker was just an incredible bullshitter with a sense of humor far more deranged than even my own. Maybe the kid was just as bored as me, fabricated the grossest story of all time and laughed at me the whole night for actually believing it.

I got home. Googled "nine abortion performance art." The motherfucker was telling the truth.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Id be down to sling my seed up in her

Edit- Just read the article, this has been posted in here before in different context (read: OMG 9 ABORSHUNS FUK ART).

them yale art folk be going hardt. youd never think that ivy league schools would have some of the best art programs in the country...

• Like 1

I remember when that happened.

There was a large hubabaloo.

I think what is interesting, is how ridiculous the person who wrote this is. Fuck him and his horse he rode in on.

I think it is funny that someone as subtly ignorant as him, see his comment on illegal immigrants and the more blatant comment about Big Ra, is as torn up about this.

Mehh, all around.

• Like 1

"Art is anything you can get away with."

-Andy Warhol

She won because:

1.We're talking about it, even though we may not like it as a whole. (i.e. Neckface)

2.She could in fact be making a statement about how easy it is to not only get artificially impregnated, but on the same note, how easy it is to ditch it these days.

Art can really be anything you want it to be. People need to get over the idea that art is just framed paintings of landscapes and faces. Its so much more than that.

As for the abortions thing...its interesting and attention grabbing. It would be good to find out a bit more about her intentions. Its not my kind of thing, but its her body she is fucking with. Also I understand a fetus is not considered a human being (correct me if wrong), so the legal issues are clear, even though it may not be considered ethical.

• Like 1

what she did is more legal than catching a tag on public property

That is ridiculous. Some of you might be cool with abortions and what not. I don't see how you can be after you've ever held a kid in your arms. That picture destroys me a bit, and maybe thats soft, but lets be real, that sucks.

That is ridiculous. Some of you might be cool with abortions and what not. I don't see how you can be after you've ever held a kid in your arms. That picture destroys me a bit, and maybe thats soft, but lets be real, that sucks.

nah i feel this for sure, i got no problem with abortion being available, but i always assumed that people view it like i do, as a last resort

not as some substitute paint brush

well this bitch is for sure dying of ovarian cancer, being that a single un-natural termination of pregnancy increases the risk by150%.

but i guess this 'project' was so fucking worth the concept and attention that she will literally die from it.

fuck off with this shit..... for real.

not art.

"It's gotta be," I responded, withholding my it's-not-your-fault-but-society's-fault-for-raising-you-in-centralized-poverty-with-an-terrible-education-system-that-never-gave-you-a-fair-chance diatribe for yet another day.

AAAAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Want to help me with my art project?"

LMAO!!!

These two artschool bitches came up to me when I was skateboarding one time and asked if me and my boy would be down with plastering their tits.

They said it was "for their project at school".

My boy I was skating with was on some ultra-straightedge faggotry and declined.

So I went back with these broads to their dorm and plastered their tits.

Turns out one of them was dating this other dude I knew. I smashed anyways.