Rest In Power... CRUDE OIL..

King Ku

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

today was the lowest i have been in as long as i can remember.... we are completely devastated. this hurts so so bad that it is unreal. bernie my friend, my dog, my partner crushing the spot. you were our superstar, an A-lister for sho. whether it was clowning, smashing or chilling you were the energy. you know it will be business as usual.. you are so big that you helped put this site that so many writers live on on the map. so rest my brother... and be cool. G

Yo Bernie...

I want to say thankyou for always making me feel like I was important when I was around you. Anywhere I ever traveled I was happy and more importantly proud to call you a friend. I remember the first time we met we were supposed to fight each other and I showed up nervous out of my mind and we spoke and we squashed it and I remember still shaking during the blunt that we smoked because I was really just happy to be cool with you. Me and you could have taken a different route but I knew the day I met you that regardless of whose right or wrong, I had your back and there was never a question of you having mine. You were the gasoline on any fire, like Bash said having you at the house was like having an entire party in the house.

I never really got to tell you what an inspiration you were to me throughout the last 15 years. From the first week I started doing graffiti I was writing my government name and my friends who already knew about graffiti were like "you cant write that, one of oil's friends writes that." My response was "yeah and I'll battle them." The minute I got home I started looking for a new word. But i was not satisfied yet, I had to know more about this OIL person that all my friends were so scared of. I started noticing your work around Miami in about 94 and you instantly became my favorite writer ever, when you bombed you bombed hard, you went through wars on the streets, you had the freshest style in the city and the best can control I had ever seen. People at school were constantly talking about OIL fought this guy this weekend or OIL did this spot on the highway, and I would seek out those spots to document (bite). I remember me and my counterparts would hit spots and the next night there would be an OIL hollow next to us and I would think "YES!!! He had to have seen that! and he didnt cross it out!!!" It was an honor always. I followed your lead bro, you put an ER on your name I put an ER on my name, you pluralized your name I pluralized mine, all the way down to the stars and arrows that decorate the tag.

I remember when we had our differences and you were telling me to come fight I had fought a hundred times prior and I was never nervous but I did not want beef with you from day 1 and I was scared. Then we chilled and after that the nervousness that I had when I was going to meet you that day a new type of nervousness set in where I would just be so happy to be chilling with you and possibly painting my name next to yours that I would usually just stay quiet around you hoping not to say anything stupid that might make you not want to hang out anymore. You were a character man, always made whoever you were chilling with feel fresh, even when my stuff looked horrible and everyone knew it but me you would still encourage me and tell me to keep going.

There were trivial little nights to you that we chilled like the night at Amos' house where you unknowingly gave me my throwup on the pizza box just fucking around with my name or quarter beer nights at Senor Frogs that were like some of my best memories ever in all my years because of the energy that you put off. I took anything you said very seriously, i had beef with anyone you beefed with, everything I ever painted I basically painted hoping you would notice. Anytime you painted or tagged around me I studied your motions to the point that people make fun of me for trying so hard to pull off what you made look so easy and effortless.

In one of our last conversations you asked me to put my ego aside and dead all my personal drama with our family members. I will more than honor your request from here on out bro. I wish i could have done more and the chance that i might have been able to is keeping me awake at night. I miss your antics I miss never knowing where you will pop up next. Your life was cut short tragically but your name lives on forever on all permeable surfaces and in our minds and hearts. You were the ultimate savage. I'll never forget the "hey im starting a new crew, WGE, Worst Guys Ever, and everyone here is down" and I looked around me and I realized that I was indeed surrounded by the Worst guys ever yet no matter how derelict anyone got you still did nothing but support and encourage. You were genuinely proud of all your friends and you were always eager to find your next apprentice. Your impact on the crew and the city and graffiti community are unmatched.

When you passed away a part of all of us passed with you but your energy and fire will forever light up the Miami skyline. Its funny man, when Thomas died I couldnt picture his face in my mind for months, but with you I swear I hear you laughing in my head. I will miss you especially. I will always be able to say that I learned the game from some of the best writers ever and I fucking thank you for that from the bottom of my heart. Thankyou for showing me how to party like a rockstar and be as humble as a street sweeper. Thankyou for never taking shit from anyone and thankyou for sticking around long enough for me to get the opportunity to paint with my favorite writer but more importantly chill with the person I always wanted to be. You Changed my life and regardless of the pain i am in now it will forever be remembered as a positive change. From your death only good will come. Much Love Bernie, your crew and your name are in good hands, rest well brother we're gonna take over that bitch when I get there and burn it to the ground.

Talk whatever shit you want I'm just being real with my friend.

Click Click Bang Bang

The Writer Dzee from the Worst Guys Ever.

your #1 fan.

Rest In Power Homie !!!

You will def be missed by the streets,ur crew and most of all ur fam ...

Still remember when i first met u @ the hialeah penit when i was like 16, u was running around raged up hooded up bag filled with silvers & blacks doing throw ups all over..

Your influence was a very important part to MIAMI GRAFFITI PERIOD.

alleycat2-1.jpg

3705711142_88165aa3a7.jpg

79st4.jpg

39.jpg

36.jpg

3429567543_b9d6eeac59_o.jpg