So my baby moms called the cops on me this morning...

YouMad.GIF

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may not have the option of gaining custody of an infant. You may also have more options and choices available than you allow yourself to see because of your bond with your child and perhaps your relationship with his mother.

Start a journal and keep a record of your day to day life highlighting fucked up behavior on her part and your role in parenting.

This is a tough situation, I may be making assumptions about your life based on my own experience. From when my kid was born onward I did more of the day to day care than the mother. Years down the road presenting this before the court was odd because it is not common and although times are changing it takes a long time for the court to catch up.

You do not need to be together with the mother in order to be a good father.

Iv been in a situation with a chick that called the cops on me for next to nothing and claimed it was a big something.

I never hung out with her again.

Once they pull a stunt like that, it will happen again.

And the more it happens, eventually you will get the raw deal.

Alotta fucked up shit happens to chciks and its easy for them to feel scared/intimadted but if they aren't able to draw a line between fact and fiction. Words and actions, there to damaged and there aint no turnin back.

Run DON'T walk.

Although, there is a child involved which clearly makes it easier said than done.

Unfportunate situation.

my friend and i established this fact a few years ago: as a man in a relationship (or single), you are never going to be right and you will never win an argument.

AMEN!

Even if you legitimately win 100% they get mad at you for making them feel like a loser.

So even if you win, you dont win.

As soon as she snitched you out, the relationship was over.

A strong relationship is about being in a team, there is a certain level of trust and commitment.

She opted to call the cops and potentially get you arrested, that isn't "love", that's being a vindictive bitch.

I realize you have a child to be concerned about but your current relationship environment is not a place to raise children-snitching out family members for absolutely nothing is not being a role model. She's teaching your kid bad habits. Possibly she is dealing with some postpartum depression and her hormones are not balanced, suggest she seek out medical help that isn't going to prescribe her anything. She needs a support system and you need to ask your mom if you can move home until she stabilizes.

It is a difficult situation and there are many pitfalls along the way. She will learn to change up to fuck with you harder.

Try to think clearly and with a long term vision, do not get sucked in or blinded by her theatrics.

In my situation one of the main mistakes I made was equating taking care of an abusive and mentally ill woman as part of what I needed to do to take care of my child. If you fall into that trap you will be giving care and energy to her and taking it away from your child the whole time thinking that you are taking care of your child.

dr_phil.jpg

Yeah I think me and my family have come to the conclusion I'll be staying with them and doing things by the book, pressing the assault charge, and pretty much doing this to whatever extent we have to.

Sucks because her actions completely failed to take into account what is best for my son, which is just dealing with this between the 2 of us.

I forgot to use quotation marks.

My friends alcoholic brother has an interesting take on calling the cops and domestic violence. His take on it is "whoever calls the cops first wins".

I am familiar with the desire to work things out in agreement with a crazy babymama but, I think it is easier said than done.

Yeah I think me and my family have come to the conclusion I'll be staying with them and doing things by the book, pressing the assault charge, and pretty much doing this to whatever extent we have to.

This is probably the best thing to do. If this is a regular occurrence with her, you should get the fuck out now. It sounds like you care about your son, which is a good thing. If she is unstable around the kid, you can hold that against her with proof. If you can straighten out, keep your shit clean, and build a case against her in family court? You'll eventually get custody, it might take a while, but you can if you prove the child is better off in your care. One of my closest friends just got custody of his 12 year old a year ago. It took him about 5 years of collecting dirt on his ex, but now he's at the point where his lawyer is saying "how bad do you want to take her to the cleaners?" Luckily enough for her, he just wants the best for his daughter, and what is rightfully his in the court documents.

Good luck man, you've got a crazy path ahead of you if you go to court. Start saving now! But even better yet, start saving documents and evidence of this broad's insanity. If she sends you threatening emails or uses your son to guilt trip you, save them. If you can save voice messages, do so. Everything should be saved because it could help out further down the road in your life.

Good luck.

One more thing, try your hardest NOT to shit talk her to your kid. It's not good for the kid anyways, but it can also come back to bite you in the ass. I know it's tough for someone not do that, but even saying something like "Your mother is a psychotic bitch!" (when tempers flare) then trying to do damage control after --could come back and bite you in the ass.