putting your dog to sleep.

T.T Boy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
why do people dub it ''putting my dog down'' versus, yo ''i killed my dog today''

what is the difference ?

I'm sayin though.

I know I wouldn't just put my pops down just because he's got emphysema and can't even walk half a block.

Even though the thought might cross my mind occasionally whenever I see him light up a cig.

I consider my cat to be a family member too.

I had to put down my 11 year old dog last september. Her back legs slowly stopped working and it got to the point where i had to carry her up the stairs all the time. When we put her down, the lady gave her the shot and that last dreadful breath she took broke my heart. i Swear it was the saddest thing ive ever seen, beside watching her get put down and her not knowing shit. She just laid there and looked at me.

hope you get over it dogg

Putting down an animal is sometimes more humane than keeping them alive in their misery and pain.

Just like some old people would rather die than go on living in a horribly diminished capacity.

Natural causes aren't always the best causes.

my little brother gets in a car accident on christmas day.. my 'long been gone' mother comes to pa to see him... she lets my pug out without a chain because she just knew i took him out and he listened. she didnt know he only listens to me and he got back half crushed by a truck, i had to put him down on christmas evening.. f'n shitty holiday

i had a husky a few years ago and my dogs were out in the yard when i noticed her limp on her back paw, i called her up to what was wrong and by the time she got upstairs she was limpimg in both back legs.. 5 minutes later it was her fronts.. 15 minutes after that she didnt even know she was trying to walk around on the wrong sides of her pads.. 10 minutes after that she lost bladder and bowel control... 2 hrs after that the vets said she had FCE and it was irreversable, it took 3 needles to put her down.. that dog was so hard

• 1 month later...

Ronnie Gilbertson abandons family for death row dog

A FATHER has abandoned his young family and is on the run after breaking his pet dog out of death row minutes before it was to be destroyed.

Ronnie Gilbertson, 41, of Moorak, near Mt Gambier, and his Staffordshire-cross, Max, have gone into hiding, prompting a police call for help in tracking them down.

But Mr Gilbertson's partner, Fiona Harvey, 32, says the former champion amateur boxer has her full support because "he loves his dog as much as anyone would love his son".

"I don't have a problem with what Ronnie has done," Ms Harvey said from her parents' Barmera home yesterday.

" I would hope he would do the same for our kids in similar circumstances."

She said their two-year-old daughter, Kloe, and 11 week-old-son, Kobi, were concerned about their father, who does odd jobs around the district.

"Kloe is missing her dad big time and I wish this all never happened, that he could just come back home to us," Ms Harvey said.

Mr Gilbertson's mother, who did not want to be named, said her son had bought the dog for company after his father died eight years ago.

He had "made an oath" to protect Max whatever happened - and he was following through on that now.

That meant hiring a lawyer and spending more than $6000 fighting the Grant District Council, which issued a destruction order against Max in May after he seriously injured a neighbour's dog.

The council dismissed Mr Gilbertson's appeal on August 14, saying the dog was "unduly dangerous" because he had also previously fought and injured other dogs and, in 2005, had killed two sheep at a farm near his home.

Max remained on death row at the Animal Welfare League in Mt Gambier, and was to have been put down last Monday afternoon.

With just a few minutes alone to say goodbye to his friend, and determined to uphold his oath, Mr Gilbertson did the only thing he could think of - he busted Max out.

Using a pair of wire cutters he had smuggled into the depot, Mr Gilbertson cut Max free from his enclosure, grabbed him and ran. He has not been seen since, although it is understood

he may have fled interstate.

This story is soo awesome. Such a feel good vibe