think your living situation sucks? (ultimate sheist edition)

compton red

my buddy in nyc got a knock on his door a couple days ago and found out every tenant in the building is being evicted by the city. grab whatever you can get in one go and bounce. no warnings, no other places to stay...just bounce. my buddy had lived there for over a year and said he saw no problems with the place, but since the city claims the building owner had illegal work done, the city bounced out every single tenant to the streets. And that's IF you were lucky enough to be in the spot at the time of eviction. one dude in the interview below who showed up after the evictions was told the building is locked up and he can't even go get his dog.

comment from my buddy:

The whole situation smacks of politics. The DOB shows up one morning to do their "inspections" but happen to bring along a squad of cops and Red Cross people? They pretty clearly were going to vacate the building and make a show of it.

video:

http://ny1.com/content/top_stories/103657/dob-shuts-down-converted-building-in-brooklyn/Default.aspx

story:

http://bushwickbk.com/2009/08/06/residents-mass-evicted-on-broadway/

best comment:

dquintero says:

August 6, 2009 at 6:45 pm

now you white bitches know how our comunity feels your getting yours now i dont hate white poeple but im sick of you doing this to us so now you know

politics rule.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I always looked at New York, and thought it was the shittiest place to live in America. I went there last year, and ......it sure seemed that way. it stinks like crap, most people are ignorant bitches, food & retail shit is extremely overpriced, and it's frustrating. I don't know who the fuck would want to live in that hell hole. If I were those evicted people, I would go spend their outrageous monthly rent on a fuckin' house they'll own someday far from the rotten apple.

I hear the negroes urinate in the elevators too.:D

I'm curious what they did about the dog as well. It looks like the cameras were rolling when the guy got home, and they probably caught the dude as he just found out. Who's to say a phone call wasn't made, and a key appeared, and dude got his dog. They'll add any kind of drama to a story. I'm sure there is something against locking pets in a condemned building, while the owner sits outside. Animals have more rights than that.

I could be wrong though. If I am, that's bullshit. As a new dog owner/lover, I'd lose my shit if they said I couldn't go in and get my pet. I'd definitely end up in cuffs.

One other thing: This shit isn't really uncommon. There are so many zoning laws being broken in Brooklyn, that DOB can have a field day whenever they get the "go ahead." If you get off the Morgan stop, it's all loft spaces that aren't legally zoned. I have friends who love living there, but tell me they constantly worry about this shit happening to them.

Thank God I've got a legit apartment, in a two family home, with really cool landlords living downstairs. I don't have to worry about shit. If someone tried to lock my dog in the house?

3798228321_85dbaf590e.jpg

I'd go Jesse the Body Ventura on DOB.

Shooty-small.gif

seems fishy, i can see how they can foreclose the building, but theres no way i can see how its legal for them to basically just conviscate tenants property inside the building.

maybe they're gonna have "their own people" move everything out, but just cause the landlord is a dumbass doesnt mean they can just take everyone elses shit, but what do i know.