Shaving...... yeeeea

acer910

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

http://www.vintagebladesllc.com/vshop/xcart/home.php?cat=143

just ordered this:

http://www.vintagebladesllc.com/vshop/xcart/product.php?productid=835&cat=143&page=1

MRK33C-2.jpg

31kp30OFSkL.jpg

and yeah, i'm bumping a thread from a few months ago. shaving is relevant unless you got a beard and in that case...good for you cause i can't grow a beard for shit. i tried, but that shit just aint happening. hahaha.

• Like 1

i rarely ever use a razor and i have pretty crazy beard. basically i just let it grow until i cant stand it. which isnt very long, then just get a shape up. probably every 3 weeks about. unless i got a date with a new girl. i dont want her to my unshaven ways until shes already addicted to my dick

from what i was reading, a safety razor and straight razor is the best shave you'll get. not only that, the blades (safety) are super cheap. so in the long run it's cheaper...

i was about to snag one of these safety razors from some house while i was at a party but the head felt loose and my "bad judgement" led me to think it was broken, not just loose... so i didnt get it. and now i regret it.

but when i picked it up it felt really heavy, are they all like this? and does that take getting used to, is it better then a light one or what?

i was about to snag one of these safety razors from some house while i was at a party but the head felt loose and my "bad judgement" led me to think it was broken, not just loose... so i didnt get it. and now i regret it.

but when i picked it up it felt really heavy, are they all like this? and does that take getting used to, is it better then a light one or what?

i should have mine later today. that place i posted was SUPER quick with processing the order and shipping it. literally, i ordered it last night and i should have it later today, that's with regular shipping. so, to answer your question, i don't know if the weight makes the different and i do suspect they all vary to some degree.

straight razors look cool, but i think i'd like to try the safety razors first and work my way up to that. rocking a beard is the move, it seems like a lot less to deal with. if i could grow a normal one in a would...haha. but alas, i need to shave.

.......^

gooch, how much do they run for?

they vary. the razor i grabbed was in a kit but goes for around $28 or so and a pack of 10 safety razors is like $5 or $6. the handle on my razor is a little shorter than any i've used. that will take some getting used to. i just realized they sell ones with longer, typical length handles. maybe i'll upgrade down the road, but i'll probably get used to this one.

the one i picked up:

http://www.vintagebladesllc.com/vshop/xcart/product.php?productid=85&cat=129&page=1

using a brush and buying a well made one makes all the difference from what i'm reading. after i use mine i'll drop some info. i just shaved the other day, so i'm letting it grow in a bit.

and yeah, shaving after a hot shower makes a big difference.

that site has a lot of good info and there are a few good videos on youtube, believe it or not.

• 2 weeks later...

hands down, the best shave EVER!

first time, i didn't shower prior and was trying to get used to everything, ergo the shave didn't come out all that great and i got a few minor bleeds. nothing major though.

second time: took a hot shower prior, then shaved immediately after with the safety razor. the hot shower always makes a world of difference, i should have done it the first time i used it.

i would suggest making the investment to anyone who is interested. it was well worth it! shit, just try the razor out. stick with the regular cream if anything, although the brush is pretty cool and i can see how it helps.

on safety razors im assuming theres a screw or something you loosen, the top comes off (holding it by the handle so you are looking down on the top of the razor) and the blade is sitting on top of the razor with im guessing a little tab or pin in the middle of the blade? is there any possibility of not putting it in right and having too much blade at one end of the razor and not enough at the other? or having it crooked? this concerns me because i could see how id seriously fuck myself up if it were misaligned

acer, nah. at least not on the one i have. it fits in perfect, the blade is the same on both sides. mine isn't an adjustable. once the blade is in it's not going anywhere until you remove it. also, there are closed and open comb shavers, mine is a closed comb and from what i was reading it's good for people like me who have light growth and/or are inexperienced with wet shaving.

do a little research, there are a ton of sites (some i posted a few posts back) and a ton of vids on youtube. there is this guy on youtube: mantic59, who has a lot of good videos with info and tips.

honestly, people can say what they will but in the long run it's more economical and efficient.

not mine, but it can give you a better idea:

Safety Razor

another:

safety-razor-%28cropped%29.jpg

l