New German montanan mini review

yardfeeling

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

montana has a few cool colors, but for the most part ironlak trumps it on coverage and price. there are absolutely no strengths possessed by this brand anymore, it's all taken by ironlak. think about how shitty the price has to be though, i mean ironlak sent out AN ENTIRE SHIPMENT of cans were defective, and ironlak is STILL regarded as superior. welcome to montana's slow decline. that is unless you're with 2 miles of their factory and can get it without cutting off a nut to afford an entire piece's worth of paint.

i dont really need to say anymore! they are the muts nuts...

-really nice colour chart (although, tbh i dont know them aswell as i do the belton colour chart yet)

-really nice coverage. really nice. even they yellows / oranges cover extremely well.

-the lines you can get with the cap are amazing. from fat cap to skinny cap without even changing it.

-the smell. they smell like haribo sweets or vanilla extract.

-they are from the original MTN not the germans, so they automatically are better by default.

-obv i can only speak for myself here but i can get them cheaper than any other brand which is a def. win.

uhh it sucks.. they spread rumors and put propane in their paint..need i say more?

I believe that german montana has the same propellant that most paints do, i did hear that the smelly shit in sabotaz is propane though.

It all comes down to preferene, i am a spanish mtn guy through and through, its price and high pressure/coverage are perfect. I have used German montana, the gold is good piecing paint, but the price makes it not worth it. With the introduction of MTN 94's, there is no need to get mtn gold. Though i can see why folks like it.

All paints on the market these days are similar in catergory, belton/mtn gold are similar, low pressure piecing paints, now 94 is in the category for a little cheaper.

Mtn hardcore was in a league of its own, though now belton hp is in that league and they are both good paints, probably will only use belton hp in the winter, cuz i'll be the first to say that mtn harcore sucks in the winter.

Now we have ironlak out and they did something that needed to be done, delivered a great paint at a LOW cost. There is no need to go to german montana unless you have customer loyalty.

but thats just opinion.

HAHAHAH Belton is the best paint on earth by far. You made a funny.

Ironlak is cheap, but the chemicals are unhealthy and it fades in 3 months.

Mtn 94 is not that bad to be honest, although it can never compare with Belton.

german mtn sux horse balls.

94s can compare with beltons...easily.

example:

few weeks back i did a piece with a red > orange > yellow fade. not an especially big piece either. the fade was simple - each 1/3rd of the piece was one of the colours.

it took me 1/4 of a mtn94 red (a scrap can aswell).

and then it took me 1 whole can of belton light orange and 1 1/2 cans of zinc yellow to finish the piece.

granted, light orange and zinc yellow from belton are notoriously not amazing - but to take an entire can (and more) of them to do the same job as a scrap 94 is pretty weak.

^what? basically a fill in?

no mate, it was a piece on a full background / schemed wall...

belton is for blendability and utilizing skill? what the fuck are you on about?

now dont get me wrong, i used to be a molotow man all the way. but in my opinion 94s are better. belton has always had trouble with opacity in certain colours and the new MTNs dont.

and fuck using rusto - we dont really get that here in the UK and from what ive heard when it comes to buying paint (leaving that can of worms unopened) its cheaper for me to get my hands on an actual "graffiti" paint than a non graff spray paint (in my case plasticotes).

• 1 month later...

Wow is this where graffiti has gone over the years? Some faggot selling out, writing reviews of montana paint and telling all the cool kids who do graffiti what kind of paint to buy. So how many cocks you suck to get that interview with your faggot friend? Why don't you guys go back to shoving montana cans in each others asses instead of posting this bullshit on here. Graffiti doesn't need people like you trying to capitalize on it and bring the "culture" to the masses.

Why don't you go stick your krink pen in your urethra and spray all your montana down your hipster throat.

• 2 weeks later...

Cthuhlu: Please read all the post again and dont act like an ass.

Im not trying to convince anyone to use a special brand, we just want to give others our view of what we think of a product thats it.

Sellout, what the hell are you talking about, do you even know the mening of that word? :)

Cthuhlu: Please read all the post again and dont act like an ass.

Im not trying to convince anyone to use a special brand, we just want to give others our view of what we think of a product thats it.

Sellout, what the hell are you talking about, do you even know the mening of that word? :)

I read your post, I even looked at the review on your crummy site before I made that post.

You want to give your views of a product to promote it, kinda like in that video someone else posted where carhartt and montana sponsored a wall. Mass marketing graffiti to corporations as a tool to make $. You're just a bunch of hipsters jocking graffiti why don't you go bite some more rap letters from the internet and shut the fuck up.

I read your post, I even looked at the review on your crummy site before I made that post.

You want to give your views of a product to promote it, kinda like in that video someone else posted where carhartt and montana sponsored a wall. Mass marketing graffiti to corporations as a tool to make $. You're just a bunch of hipsters jocking graffiti why don't you go bite some more rap letters from the internet and shut the fuck up.

Aint that the truth!

• 1 month later...

WORD!

graff paint is cool and all, and im all about ironlak making good cheap paint but rusto is still a good all around paint, i think AA stands up pretty well in all categories to euro paint, and its easily accessible. alot of people cant afford to pay 5.95 a can and wait days for it to get there.

I do plan on gettin a few of the new 94's though, all i hear is good things and some of the ironlak 500ml tar blacks for bombing