Obama Promotes Snitching

and...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one draw the line on free speech when it comes to spreading slander/lies/propaganda to a bunch of sheep that are going to stand in the way of me and my fam getting public healthcare.

I oughta snitch on mom dukes for sending me the e-mails in question. /notseriousbutsayinthough

Brother, this defeats the purpose of free speech. Why not just speak up against whatever

you oppose and let others do the same? Why do we have to have some kind of Stasi bullshit going on? Reporting opposing views? DAO, you should be a little ashamed of yourself for that.

I support your right to say that socialized healthcare is good even though i oppose it.

Brother, this defeats the purpose of free speech. Why not just speak up against whatever

you oppose and let others do the same? Why do we have to have some kind of Stasi bullshit going on? Reporting opposing views? DAO, you should be a little ashamed of yourself for that.

I support your right to say that socialized healthcare is good even though i oppose it.

I hear what you're saying, but when you have people spreading blatant disinformation and propaganda that's 100% lies in an attempt to rile up the flock of dumbasses, then that shit should be illegal.

Especially when you have onesided propaganda networks that spew these lies and disinformation on a daily basis.

That's the type of shit that got the Nazi's so powerfull to begin with.

I'm not saying these people need to be rounded up and jailed, but it should at least be illegal for Fox News to call themselves a news channel. Ther should be a way for them to be sued.

They should be slapped with some kind of restrictions and be required to have a disclaimer running across the bottom of the screen that says what it is.

I hear what you're saying, but when you have people spreading blatant disinformation and propaganda that's 100% lies in an attempt to rile up the flock of dumbasses, then that shit should be illegal.

Especially when you have onesided propaganda networks that spew these lies and disinformation on a daily basis.

That's the type of shit that got the Nazi's so powerfull to begin with.

I'm not saying these people need to be rounded up and jailed, but it should at least be illegal for Fox News to call themselves a news channel. Ther should be a way for them to be sued.

They should be slapped with some kind of restrictions and be required to have a disclaimer running across the bottom of the screen that says what it is.

No, DAO. It shouldn't be illegal for anyone to say anything. That's the beauty of the 1st Amendment.

Klansmen can say "I hate niggers" and pass around their racist information on the street.

I strongly oppose such talk, but I don't think it should be illegal.

You just have to learn to deal with it. When you learn to deal with it, learn to defend it. It doesn't mean you support opposing views, only that you support the right for those opposing views to be heard.

As for Fox News, I guess you didn't see this when it made the news

http://crooksandliars.com/2008/06/08/judge-dismisses-lawsuit-against-fox-news-for-reporting-bogus-story-calls-doocy-kilmeade-gullible#comment-627545

And this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Akre

As abhorrent as it is for them to lie and call it news, they can do it. We all know they are

a mouthpiece for a neo conservative agenda.

Without Freedom of Thought there can be no such Thing as Wisdom; and no such Thing as Public Liberty, without Freedom of Speech.

Benjamin Franklin, writing as Silence Dogood, No. 8, July 9, 1722

No, DAO. It shouldn't be illegal for anyone to say anything. That's the beauty of the 1st Amendment.

It should be illegal to say that shit in the media in a manor as to fool people into thinking that they're just watching the news and being told the facts.

Kinda in the same way that you can't just say on national television "I fucked Jessica Alba in the ass in the mens room of a Soulja Boy concert", when infact you never even met the broad.

She could sue you for slander.

It should be illegal to say that shit in the media in a manor as to fool people into thinking that they're just watching the news and being told the facts.

Kinda in the same way that you can't just say on national television "I fucked Jessica Alba in the ass in the mens room of a Soulja Boy concert", when infact you never even met the broad.

She could sue you for slander.

Slander isn't the same thing, buddy. I linked you to that lawsuit over Fox News lying.

They won. They can, in fact, say whatever they want. Same with an Op Ed page in the newspaper.

It's only dangerous if people don't think for themselves. Unfortunately, we have a pretty bad problem with both sides of the aisle doing this. But that isn't our problem. What we need to worry about is us and ours.

If it bothers you so much, do something to counter it. Same as I'm doing (but obviously opposite since I oppose this). Call your Congressman and Senators, talk to friends and family, etc.

My point is this: We can't go infringing on peoples rights just because we don't agree with

their opinions. We have to learn to tolerate what we don't like. It's one of the many prices of liberty.

the fact that some of the "town hall meetings" on the healthcare legislation are getting so comically overthrown by protestors is pretty damn amusing to me, as well as the fact that some dems are shocked that people DON'T like their plan

The beast is starting to awaken. Too bad it takes so long.

Slander isn't the same thing, buddy. I linked you to that lawsuit over Fox News lying.

They won. They can, in fact, say whatever they want. Same with an Op Ed page in the newspaper.

Your link didn't even work the 3 times I clicked on it.

And that's besides the point. Just cause some biased ass judge gave them a pass, doesn't mean that it SHOULD be legal for them to portray themselves as a "news outlet" while telling bold faced lies to the public in an attempt to insite the masses of idiots to start a civil war.

This has nothing to do with "freedom of speech".

It's only dangerous if people don't think for themselves. Unfortunately, we have a pretty bad problem with both sides of the aisle doing this. But that isn't our problem.

Most of these people turn on the "news" expecting to get the facts. They work all fucking day and the only thing they have time to think about is work and their family, then they come home and click on the boob tube to get caught up on "what's going on in the world".

And for these redneck retards, what's being reported on Fox News might as well be the gospel.

They honestly believe the bullshit that's being spewed at them because they honestly believe tht they're just watching the news. That's why there SHOULD be regulations on news networks that prevents them from becoming propaganda tools who make a living off of telling bold faced lies to the public.