Baby Help?

LexDiamonds

Yo, I'm having a child in like 4 weeks or some shit like that./

I've never had kids :lol: :lol:

What should I do/??

Anyone got any good advice for a new comber to the kid game??

I know this fails but I'm stressed.

I'm trying to pack up and move and get everything right in 4 weeks.

So any advice would help.

:confused: :confused:

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Get ready for a ROUGH road, if you plan on helping out the lady as much as you could.

It's all learning shit, so you'll never really be ready and prepared, but take this advice:

DO NOT SHAKE YOUR BABY, OR PUNCH IT. Nojoke. Babies bring mad stress, and alot of times, they'll cry for prolonged amount of times, for no fuckin' reason. You, trying to calm or soothe the baby, will do everything you can to make it comfortable. But, to no avail, the baby still cries, and frustrates the FUCK out of you. Seriously, I knew alot of people who'd never think about shaking a baby, or slamming it down on a couch too hard....but a couple admitted doing it, and had no clue where those actions came from. They just admitted that they were out their mind, stressed, overtired, frustrated. And it takes months for you to really feel attached the way you should to a baby. Just the most minor assault on a baby can brain damage that muthafucka.

So if you find yourself in that situation, walk away, let it cry, go smoke a square, and calm the fuck down you violent baby punching asshole.

you're making it sound like you have 4 weeks to be a man.

own that shit, once you see your kid for the first time, you'll know exactly what's important in life. this is the reason i refuse to have them, it changes the whole game... in a good way... it'll change you for sure.

Get ready for a ROUGH road, if you plan on helping out the lady as much as you could.

It's all learning shit, so you'll never really be ready and prepared, but take this advice:

DO NOT SHAKE YOUR BABY, OR PUNCH IT. Nojoke. Babies bring mad stress, and alot of times, they'll cry for prolonged amount of times, for no fuckin' reason. You, trying to calm or soothe the baby, will do everything you can to make it comfortable. But, to no avail, the baby still cries, and frustrates the FUCK out of you. Seriously, I knew alot of people who'd never think about shaking a baby, or slamming it down on a couch too hard....but a couple admitted doing it, and had no clue where those actions came from. They just admitted that they were out their mind, stressed, overtired, frustrated. And it takes months for you to really feel attached the way you should to a baby. Just the most minor assault on a baby can brain damage that muthafucka.

So if you find yourself in that situation, walk away, let it cry, go smoke a square, and calm the fuck down you violent baby punching asshole.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah I dont want no brain damaged baby.

I'll punch my girl before I punch the baby.

She needs a asswhipping anyway.

you're making it sound like you have 4 weeks to be a man.

own that shit, once you see your kid for the first time, you'll know exactly what's important in life. this is the reason i refuse to have them, it changes the whole game... in a good way... it'll change you for sure.

I do only have 4 weeks to be a man.

I mean, from what everyone tells me it's a wrap.

I don't have no responsibility right now.

I pay a couple of bills and smoke weed all day.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

But yeah the games changing I just don't know how to act.

I haven't really stressed it till now.

Go out and drink now, get it out of your system.

You are going to be on lock-down and sleepless for the next few months.

Overall, it is no big deal. If you own a dog(s) it is not much different, you are used to keeping something alive.

Babies don't do anything the first few months except eat, shit, sleep and cry. As long as crying does not bother you, it should not be a problem.

I used to hate other people babies crying, well, I still do, but I am immune my own kid's cries.

I dont know what to say to you other than it is not as bad as you think it is going to be.

(7 month old haver oner)

4407_1173243530369_1206478125_494344_723222_n.jpg

• Like 1

Just relax. In the end the care of an newborn and infant is quite simple. Do your best to get the house in order as soon as possible. As your child's mother gets closer to birth she will prolly go through some nesting type shit where she obsesses about getting the place in order.

Do your best to have you child's mother breast feed.

If you know how to cook a little prepare some meals that you can freeze now that will not take long to reheat so that you do not have to worry about taking care of a newborn and making dinner.

Prepare for some bullshit at the hospital, they often get all freaked out over nothing and act like everything is all serios when everything turns out fine in the end.

The "what to expect" series of books is a good resource but other than that you do not need alot of books.

Keep in mind that people have been doing this for a long time before all this technology came along and relax. Everything is going to be okay.

Be an involved father when your child is young. There is nothing like it in the world, it is a very rewarding experience.

Prepare to be quite tired.

Try to be polite and unite with your childs mother and also be on the lookout for post partum depression, if it pops up have her seek help and try not to judge her too much for it.

I would lay off the weed and drink for a while, I did and it helped.

If you are young prepare for a bunch of people judging you, it will happen until you get a little older and then people will not be able to do the math anymore and think it is perfectly normal that you have a 8 year old in your late twenties.

If you are going to use daycare and live in an urban area prepare to be broke unless you have your money game down.

I was more involved in the care of my child when he was a newborn than his mother was. Feel free to PM me if you like.

• Like 1

Do your best to have you child's mother breast feed.

I disagree.

My Wife breast fed for about a week or two before she gave up. Most women hate it, and most of the mothers I know don't do it. (Don't believe the hype about the bonding)

Similac is so much easier on the both of you. If your woman breast feeds, she cant drink while she does so. Trust me, your woman is going to need a few drinks in the coming months, shit gets hectic at times.

I am not going to go into the physical reasons why it sucks for women, but trust me, they all feel better after they ween their kids off the teat.

And think about this - When shorty pukes on you(and he will... A LOT) do you want powdered milk or breast milk all over your face, hands, clothes and furniture?

Don't listen to some of these fools.

Sure somethings are gonna change it's not like your life is completely over. I still do all the same shit I did before having kids, not as much though.

And yes a crying baby is frustrating as fuck.

I can tell you this. When you first see the baby in the delivery room is a trip. Cuz you have a picture in your head what you think they are gonna look like. Then to actually see them is crazy. I cut the umbilical cord but I did not look any where else down there. Maybe youre into that kinda stuff though.

I also found myself waking up a lot to see if the baby was still breathing, but I heard this is common.

The checking on breathing this is common I am sure.

My kid was pretty easy as a newborn, I remember calling the nurse when he was like a week old and asking if it was okay for him to sleep as much as he was, the nurse was all like "you lucky manard".

Thanks Drue & Morton.

Thanks I think I'll be ok, I'll have alot of help.

My Parents and her Parents are really excited so help will be there.

Overrall I think I'm just stessing now that it's game time in the next couple weeks.

So I think everything will be ok.

I'm 27 I have a decent job I been at for 7 years.

I just worried about my mental state with my girl all and all the shit I have to get done to just lose more sleep cause I have a newborn.

Don't listen to some of these fools.

Sure somethings are gonna change it's not like your life is completely over. I still do all the same shit I did before having kids, not as much though.

And yes a crying baby is frustrating as fuck.

I can tell you this. When you first see the baby in the delivery room is a trip. Cuz you have a picture in your head what you think they are gonna look like. Then to actually see them is crazy. I cut the umbilical cord but I did not look any where else down there. Maybe youre into that kinda stuff though.

I also found myself waking up a lot to see if the baby was still breathing, but I heard this is common.

I'll cut the cord, but I dont wanna see my girls guts.

I'm not into that shit.

:lol: :lol:

And the whole brestmilk thing I think my girl has it stuck that thats the best way, so we'll see.

I personally don't know, I just assume use it cause it's free.

:lol: :lol:

But the Similac seems like a great idea, just for the convience of it.

I agree with Drue on circumcision. Never quite figured out the point on that one unless you are Jewish.

I'm gonna get that done.

I already have that in my head, I read it can cause heatlh problems if not taken care of right?

Is that right or wrong?

I'm cut so I just assumed to have it done to him too.