Cash for Clunkers is fucked. DO NOT GO TO THEIR WEBSITE

lord_casek

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I don't trust universal health care it least sort of makes sense...except there's no way the insurance industry or the AMA is going to let it happen. So I don't know why Obama is wasting his time worrying about that right now.

Even though I don't trust universal health care it least sort of makes sense...except there's no way the insurance industry or the AMA is going to let it happen. So I don't know why Obama is wasting his time worrying about that right now.

thank you shai...

one thing to be noted about universal health care is to be taken from countries that already have it.. britain, for example. the amount of british citizens who come to the US to have advanced medical care and surgeries performed is pretty impressive. the reason behind this is because the british medical system, while passable, does not have nearly the amount of investment, development, and sophistication the US does with regards to advanced medical care and procedures.

the reason america has so much innovation and medical advancements is mostly because of the amount of money in it. its truly amazing what doctors can do now. i talked to my dad the other night, who's a cancer survivor, and he echoed this. he had stage 4 cancer in his throat, a malignant tumor, a few years ago. he told me that had that happened 10 years before, he wouldn't be talking to me now.

there are ways to reduce the cost of health care without making it a government program like everything else...

Also I really don't like how Obama has a clear set agenda to power this health care program through before his ratings drop instead of fixing the economy and generating jobs. Seems like a grand bait and switch - I'm not completely opposed to govt health care, but fix the fucking economy first!!!

kind of like myspace... whatever you put on their site is considered their property and they can do whatever the fuck they want to with it

well not really but a good thread to point that out in

I never understood why some people were always crying and bitching about the government monitoring your activities (Patriot Act , these kind of agreements, satellites etc.). Yet people voluntarily post and disclose every fucking little thing on Myspace, Facebook, & Twitter examples:

“I’m picking up my kids.”

“I’m watching TV”

“I’m sitting on the couch smoking a blunt”

“Here is a picture of me snorting coke at a kegger” etc.

Now I’m not siding with government surveillance but Jesus nigga show some common sense. Don’t put up all your business up on the fucking internet where everything is public no matter how secure you think you are. But apparently common sense isn’t so common anymore.

Thank You For Your Time

• Like 1

Some good points here, but I don't think that given the current state of affairs, there is any way we are going to have more Americans insured by this time next year without any type of government intervention. I don't think anyone should be freaking about more taxes for health insurance, because we're paying more and more for insurance every year as it is. I like Obama's message on health insurance, even though I don't agree with it (if anything it could be stronger) but that's not his style, he's not shoving anything down anyone's throat. I respect this about him, he's got some character, and he's not A character, like all the other presidents I can remember having in my lifetime. No doctor is going to jump ship because they're getting a salary instead of taking a percentage, at least none worth the words in the oath they take. And much, if not most, of the innovation in medicine is coming from the universities, isn't it? They're definitely not going anywhere. I think this could be way more of a shot in the arm for the economy than buying everyone a new car.

• Like 1

So, I herd that the cash for clunkers shit makes cars traded in completely unusable by pouring some shit into the engine. Shit's fucked up, people can't use em for parts, resale, etc...

gubments are being shady as hell!

no shit. thats the whole point of clash for clunkers. to get rid of of all the old cars off the road. at my dealership where i work at we drain the oil, and run the engine till it seizes. no one is forcing anybody to give up their own car. but if im going to get $4,500 off and have a dealership match that for my '95 ford explorer with 190k miles. fuck yea imma do it.

yes, it needs to be the economy, but the people pulling obamas strings know that now they have the first democratic supermajority and only have 2 years to push this through... but the economy can wait...

Fucked up

lol to all you retards who honestly believed Obama wasn't going to be "politics as usual"

• Like 1

WOW you mean to tell me the United States government is trying to secure personal information through the internets?

They have been doing this for years with the census. Take a look at how personal the questions have gotten over the years from when it first started.

I sort of chuckle to myself when Mr. TV man finally opens the public's eye to this "power matrix" It is all there. All of it. Always has been. I guess people in thier complacency choose to ignore it until their glowing, buzzing prophets tell them.

Exactly Kim, everything ties back to the economy.

However, it is a reasonable argument. Where to begin? Since the "economy" is everything from infrastructure to small farming towns it is debatable where to start. But the biggest problem is not doing anything at all. If gov't officals continue to just pontificate shit is not gunna get done.

The private sector (and the fed) spent the better part of the past ten years brewing a shitstorm and you expect the gubment to flip a switch and make it all better? Interest rates are basically at zero, an $800 billion stimulus, multiple bailouts and then people wanna bitch about deficits.. you can't win in washington. Unwinding huge amounts of debt and raising capital takes a lot of time and it would certainly take a lot longer without any gov't help..and now back to clunkers

yes, it needs to be the economy, but the people pulling obamas strings know that now they have the first democratic supermajority and only have 2 years to push this through... but the economy can wait...

Fucked up

lol to all you retards who honestly believed Obama wasn't going to be "politics as usual"

aggreed

and propped

Heard that Dodge Jeep Chrysler has the best deals 4500 on most vehicles, though I'm not sure what they've got . Ford gives a measly 1500 back in comparison. The Fusion Hybrid is made in Hermasillo Stamping Plant in Mexico, and gets a crappy 35MPG highway, but has lots of neat sounding features, not the least of which is recycled seats. Plus 1500 back for new hybrid model through to Sept I think, plus whatever Ford give you, another 1500, you could be talking 24K, about what I paid for a Prius. The regular Fusion is a pretty decent buy for the money, and the 1500 back you might get one for 10K with the clunker. The new Subaru Legacy Sedan looked very nice on the lot I visited. The old Legacy's are going for a discount because of the model switch. Honda is making a big investment in plants over here and comes with a green corporate philosophy that we will learn and benefit from. Plus a commitment to making a standard model of every vehicle they sell. I think the Civic is made, or will be made in Cleveland? I heard Nissan has keyless ignition in the 2010 models, and you can trade in next year for the Leaf. As a beneficiary of this plan, I can say with only the slightest hesitation that it is not fucked. Plus, I think the law requires that anything not salvageable on your vehicle be shredded for recycling, after any mercury switches are removed of course, so it's as green as it gets.

sounds good, give me a communist economy w/o totalitarian leadership.. yeah right.. free mason's been runn'n shit for too long, they are the ORIGINAL HITLERS STALINS AND MUSSOLINIS.. WE NEED TO TAKE THE MONEY AND THE POWER OUT OF THEIR HANDS.. but you'll never have an opportunity to vote for anyone who's not freemason owned.. barrack obama=legal U.S. slavery.. jokes on us though

oh no, the govt will have access to my dmv files, oh no.. they already do.. it's not saying they're watching everything your comp does... it says they're making sure you're not hacking that particular site.. drama queens.. 4k is the best deal you'll get for your beater, the govt wants your scrap metals and gold.. we're going to a real war soon

Are you blind? They install malware from the beginning. It's not talking about your DMV files.

Re-read, re-re.