Whats going on in the music scene lately?!?!

acer910

I went to a hardcore show tonight, it was the first one I had been to in a long time. It was at a venue I had not been to in almost a year. some of the bands playing were We came as romans, carry the wounded and like 3 others. I bring a date, because apparently shes heard of one of the bands and wanted to go.

So I walk in, and immediately I noticed something was not quite right. there were alot of kids, and alot of parents. there were alot of jesus shirts.

Now this struck me as odd because the last time i had been to that venue i left with beer all over me and a couple of glass shards in my arm from a miller high life bottle.

The band started to play, sounded pretty good and i figured a mosh would start soon. and it did. sorta. these kids were spinning around like fucking helicopters and kicking all over the place and pulling front flips and all kinds of insane crap. so these 5 kids basically took up the entire floor and forced everyone against the wall.

and THEN one of these fuckers was doing his spin around like your on fire and the floor is also made of lava bullshit and smacks my date across the face by accident. well that set me off, i hit the kid in the jaw and caught him off balance i guess cus he fell so i got down and started punching him, then the band stops playing as the bouncers broke us up and starts talking about how "people like me" need to stay home and stay away from "law abiding christians"

so they throw me out, they dont call the cops because i hadnt been a problem with them in the past blah blah blah. while im sitting outside waiting for my ride, one of the fuckers from the band comes up to me and starts trying to talk to me about how i need to let jesus into my heart and all this bullshit.

what im amazed at is how the fuck did this happen??? what happened to NORMAL mosh pits and what happened to church staying at church??

why did all you tight pants wearing, vans slipon steppin parent bringing bitches have to come ruin everything??

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i'm a Christian, but damn thats some bullshit. you had every right to do what you did. and dont call them "hardcore" shows. a real hardcore show is the shit from the punk hardcore scene, not tpwfs crying into a mic and screaming as if their anus just collapsed.

Thats what happens when you go to metalcore shows. If you want a good old fashion pit, lots of booze and drugs, and no bullshit Jesus talk, go to a punk show in a punk house/warehouse/squat/whathaveyou.

this venue used to be just that. thats the only reason why i agreed to go, i hadnt heard the bands so i didnt know what kind of music it was and the girl said it was punkish... i was thoroughly bamboosaled

The crowds at death metal shows are probably even worse than the crowds at shitty numetalcore shows. at least there are dumb females that listen to terrible hardcore.

this was true.

there were more girls then guys almost. but then again, half of them you couldnt tell what the hell they were

The crowds at death metal shows are probably even worse than the crowds at shitty numetalcore shows. at least there are dumb females that listen to terrible hardcore.

truth be told, most people that listen to death metal are pretty nerdy, albeit it long haired yab-dabs. I'm no different really, but at least the shows I go to aren't packed with scene fags or kids fighting invisible ninjas...

remember that scene from the first resident evil where they are on the pipes and he lights a flare and you see the zombies milling about below them? thats what the mosh pit looks like at the shows I go to.

If you went to a hiphop show, none of this would've been an issue.

I'm just saying.

its funny you mention that, the only hip hop shows they book are somewhat well known acts (Talib Kweli, stuff like that) and the last 3 hiphop shows ive tried to get into were sold out. and iven ever been to a hiphop show. but i am going to get advance tickets to the NC Strength drum and bass festival.

now that i look back at it, i remember why i quit bringing dates to shows.

but who knows, she might be grateful and reward me in the future...........