rare book

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

unless dude is hard for money now is the worst time to sell anything of any value. espically ebay... low market and you get hit with listing fees, and final value fees on ebay then on top the paypal fees. dont sell collectables on the bay ever... however, its a hell of a place to buy!

unless dude is hard for money now is the worst time to sell anything of any value. espically ebay... low market and you get hit with listing fees, and final value fees on ebay then on top the paypal fees. dont sell collectables on the bay ever... however, its a hell of a place to buy!

Listen to this man. Power Seller fo' real ha

Listen to this man. Power Seller fo' real ha

I gurantee I'm the only person on this site who has dabbled in the rare book hustle seriously, and your boy is so dead on with that statement I didn't even bother to cosign it.

EBay is fucked right now - especially for colectables... That's why I said go to niche sites like biblio.com

If anyone else has dabbled in the rare book hustle please correct hater... But he's right...

Also

for books you can forget about "first editions" being worth more than pocket change. The only books worth money are...

1) childrens books dating back to 1960 or later

2) hard bound Franklin press editions 50 years or older

3) anything else over 75 years old, really you need something 100 years or greater

leather bound bibles are always sellable

and there is the occasional out of print book within the past 50 years... But unless you know real specifics fogettaboutit

I gurantee I'm the only person on this site who has dabbled in the rare book hustle seriously, and your boy is so dead on with that statement I didn't even bother to cosign it.

EBay is fucked right now - especially for colectables... That's why I said go to niche sites like biblio.com

If anyone else has dabbled in the rare book hustle please correct hater... But he's right...

Also

for books you can forget about "first editions" being worth more than pocket change. The only books worth money are...

1) childrens books dating back to 1960 or later

2) hard bound Franklin press editions 50 years or older

3) anything else over 75 years old, really you need something 100 years or greater

leather bound bibles are always sellable

and there is the occasional out of print book within the past 50 years... But unless you know real specifics fogettaboutit

spot on dude... im not hardcore on the books but i know my shit and respect it alot, im more of a watch guy...

i worked for an antiquarian book fair for a few years when it came to town. tell him to seek face-to-face type events. there's so many people that just throw around so much cash at those, it's worth it to give it a shot. regardless of a bad market, if someone has a good chunk of money and are into that type of thing and just HAPPEN to see it and want it, chances are they'll buy it, whereas online you're not as likely to do something like that. i'm talking books going for thousands and thousands of dollars.