Animal Abuse

Smart

*crackteeth

thats really cool.

i want some little companions so bad. the owner of the house i live in is very allergic to cats so i cant have any which sucks, he said i can have a dog here and i will soon but i drink to much and we have a really small backyard so i just cant get myself to get one being afraid i will be a irresponsible father... i have purchased dog bowls, a brush, tennis balls, a leash, got a link on a kennel if i need it, nail clippers, a food holder and scooper and a bunch of other shit thats been sittin there and has never been used for when i feel i can take a little guy in.

i will say i am the happiest when im hanging out with animals, domesticated or wild.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

def. get one 'that matches your energy level' like the dog whisperer guy says (my girl loves that show). that's the biggest thing ever. i'm a sort of low-key guy with his huge bursts of energy, so cats and stuff like that suit me better. i love dogs, but i just don't have enough space for one. i live in the middle of the city, so i can get away with having 3 cats and a bunny in an apartment, but not a dog, though i love them.

....but if i had the chance, i'd get a german shep., or a pomeranian. my grandmother's had one for a few years and it's awesome. doesn't bite, doesn't whine, doesn't bark, just likes to be snuggled and go for walks

i will say i am the happiest when im hanging out with animals, domesticated or wild.

i feel that. i spent my 21st birthday at a dog kennel with with my friend getting stoned and playing with dogs all night instead of touching a drop of booze. best birthday i've ever had.

Is there such thing as 'joking' with your dog?

one time my dog opened up a box of 12 individually wrapped cookies and hid them each in a different hiding spot

pretty good hiding spots. the last 6 were hard as shit to find.

i'm not sure if he thought he was going to go back, open them and eat them at a later point in time or if he was just punking me

i think it was both

when i met my girl she had a bordercollie and a husky.. she'd have to take them outside at the same time on leashes for them to 'go'.. within a few weeks i had both dogs trained to stay in the yard and come inside when i whistle.. the husky died a few years ago. i just a got a rescued rottie, she was dehydrated, starving and overbreed.. the vet said she almost 2 years old, crazy ass dog.. she chased birds rabbits cats, everytime i let her ouside.. everytime she leaves the yard i hollar, chase her down, bring her back to my yard, smack her thigh meat as soon as she's in the yard, tell her to stay in the yard.. it worked, after a week of that she stays in the yard. she'll sit there and watch cats walk by or the family of groundhogs in the alley and couldn't care less anymore about leaving the yard..

one of the times i smacked her... she ran onto the road and chased a car( the only 1 time she did, and it was the same color as my girl's car, who wasn't home at the time) but when i got her back to the yard and i smacked her, i heard a neighbor go 'what the fuck' so , 'what the fuck', i don't think it's abuse.. it's not like i beat her for no reason, or hit her hard enough to hurt anything but her feelings.. if she responded to my voice the way the other dogs had, she'd be smacks free, but she doesn't.. so is it better for my dog to run the neighborhood and kill cats or get hit by burgundy cars.. or better for me to hurt her feelings and slap her thigh? she was abused before.. the first time i had to drop my voice on her she puddled, but she responds to me after i smack her with lots of affection and 'nub' wagging like she's sorry

our dog is a rescue dog, so even when we punnish him he just enjoys the attention because he was neglected

i was trained in training problem dogs, specifically large breed (75+ lbs) dalmatians, which are the most unruly dogs ever

the way i was taught to discipline was to hold them down on the floor, get on top of them, and hold their mouths shut - forcing them to breathe through their nose which is very uncomfortable because their noses are not designed as a primary air source like ours - they cant suffocate or get hurt, but they dont like it

if the dog is still a problem, you stare it in the eyes while you do this - usually this completely dominates the most challenging dogs - being immobilized with you on top, having their breathing restricted slightly lowers their heart rate and adrenaline, and being unable to break your challengng gaze will break their will to fight...

\

but sometimes this is not enough and you have to swat their nose to simulate a dominating dog fight

it may look cruel, but dogs can be dangerous and they ARE animals, and sometimes you have to bring it to their level.

very true, when i'd smack her, i'd hold her collar with my thumb, her snout with the same hand and smack her while i look into her eyes and drop my voice

and now i can slap all my dogs in the face, from across the room, with just my eyes.. the rotties been good, she even 'plays' dominate with me and will put my face in her mouth when i tell her to, but only if i tell her to 'give me a bite'.. i'm very pleased with her recently.. she's even becoming a reliable guard dog.. she wouldn't bark when we first got her (except for 1 time haha) but now she growls and barks at the door... my border collie growls on command... i love dogs!!! i wanna run a grooming kennel some day